Author Topic: New with 70 Challenger and question  (Read 898 times)

Offline Metalburr

New with 70 Challenger and question
« on: July 31, 2012 - 04:18:11 AM »
Hello everyone!!! I just purchased a rallye dash for my 70 challenger with the wire harness. My car came with a standard cluster.
 What do I need to change electrically in the engine bay to get it going? Can I still run the 2 speed wiper with the 3 speed switch? What about the tach wire to coil? Any input would be great as I am not having any luck with the search engine here. Any schematics would be welcome as well.  Thanks

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: New with 70 Challenger and question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012 - 09:28:40 AM »
Welcome
 most of the wires just plug in , a couple need to be lenghtened .
 you need to add a power wire for the clock & tach & a signal wire to the coil - terminal
 the wipers need to have a matching switch , so you can use the one from the std dash you are removing , 2 spd for 2 spd & 3 spd for 3 speed or the wipers will not work correctly

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Metalburr

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012 - 08:51:22 PM »
Thanks man.  I have learned a lot on this forum. I have bought this 70 challenger recently its a little rough around the edges. I own a restoration shop. It's hard to know everything about every car. It seems I read more than I work most of the time. I bought my first car at 14 and it was a 1968 charger r/t. I still have it and it's going to be my next project. I have 2 road runners in my shop right now a 68 and a 70. I'm sure I will be needing everyone's knowledge here. Thanks again

Offline Metalburr

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012 - 09:23:50 PM »
Oh and if anyone wants to see some photos of some of the stuff I work on look me up on Facebook  Burress Machines.

Offline 74challenger03

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012 - 10:28:09 PM »
post some pics of your car please and welcome to the site.
What does it profit a man to gain the whole would and lose his soul.