Author Topic: Car show etiquitte  (Read 5558 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Car show etiquitte
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012 - 08:55:34 AM »
Someone related .... My Pops is a truck driver , a typical one at that. He would kick the crap outta someone just for a bit of lip. Anyhow we were circling around the mall at Christmas time looking for a spot to park ( we both hate shopping esp at Christmas!)  he followed someone from the mall entrance right to there car. waiting for them to leave and was just about to drive into the spot when this smart a$$ pulls up and drives right in front of my dad and takes the spot. I remember thinking oh no...this is not going to be pretty! He calmly gets out and says to the guy hey I did you not see me waiting with my signal light ? The guy tells him to F off locks his car up and walks away?  Again I thought uh oh teeth are about to fly. When he smiles says ok and gets back in his truck. I'm in shock? He then says Brad can you please pass me the box of toothpicks in the glove box? I'm thinking "really? you are worried about something in your teeth...now?" He walks over to the guys car ( this was years ago, before remote door locks were common) inserts a tooth pick in each door lock and breaks it off and pushes it in more with his key so the little flap closes and says there a$$hole you wanted my spot so bad now you can have it....for a long time!
I never forgot that.... still makes me giggle!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012 - 08:58:23 AM »
 :smilielol:

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012 - 09:10:44 AM »
Someone related .... My Pops is a truck driver , a typical one at that. He would kick the crap outta someone just for a bit of lip. Anyhow we were circling around the mall at Christmas time looking for a spot to park ( we both hate shopping esp at Christmas!)  he followed someone from the mall entrance right to there car. waiting for them to leave and was just about to drive into the spot when this smart a$$ pulls up and drives right in front of my dad and takes the spot. I remember thinking oh no...this is not going to be pretty! He calmly gets out and says to the guy hey I did you not see me waiting with my signal light ? The guy tells him to F off locks his car up and walks away?  Again I thought uh oh teeth are about to fly. When he smiles says ok and gets back in his truck. I'm in shock? He then says Brad can you please pass me the box of toothpicks in the glove box? I'm thinking "really? you are worried about something in your teeth...now?" He walks over to the guys car ( this was years ago, before remote door locks were common) inserts a tooth pick in each door lock and breaks it off and pushes it in more with his key so the little flap closes and says there a$$hole you wanted my spot so bad now you can have it....for a long time!

He's lucky it was not a work truck with a welder attached your dad may have welded the doors shut!!  :icon16:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012 - 09:16:11 AM »
He's lucky it was not a work truck with a welder attached your dad may have welded the doors shut!!  :icon16:
[/quote

:lol: ya my Pops was nuts in his younger days!
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012 - 09:34:55 AM »
I hate it when inconsiderate people run rampant over the good folks. I don't have a lot of patience with those folks.   :swear:   I was at a car show a couple of years ago when I noticed a fairly drunk individual walking through the cars. I saw him stop and place his hand on a car fender to steady himself. The car owner scowled at him and he scowled back, but he got the hint and moved along. I saw him a few minutes later walk up and lean against another car. The owner of that car was not nearby, but another dude told him to please get off the car. The drunk dude looked, a little miffed and started walking again  --  straight towards the Beast. I saw him slow down as he neared the front of the car. I was 30-40 feet away, but was watching him like a hawk. I saw him raise his right leg as if he was going to put his foot on the front bumper and use it for a prop to tie his shoe. I have a fiberglass front bumper, so I yelled at the top of my lungs and ran at him telling him to keep his d@mm feet off my car.  :stomp:  He actually lipped off at me! I got instantly pissed and headed straight for him. Fortunately, some of my car show friends heard what was going on and intervened. They got between me and him and ushered him away, while doing their best to calm me down. He was just a drunk, inconsiderate a$$hole. I never saw him again after that day.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012 - 09:38:30 AM by Oldschool »
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012 - 09:42:29 AM »

Revenge is mine sayeth the Lord!!!!    ;D

Dads: perfect examples to follow after!   :icon16:  :grinyes:

Not at a car show but a friend has a '65 427 Shelby Cobra replica.  He goes into a mini-mart for a few minutes, comes back and finds foot prints on his trunklid.

Evidently someone had placed thier kid on his trunklid to take a picture!  :pullinghair:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012 - 05:16:56 PM »

Not a carshow thing but what gets me is going to dinner you park and there is plenty room around you.

You come out and some jacka** parks so close to your door you cannot even open it, so over the passenger side you go to even get out of there. It now gives me a smile because I have gotten good at writing with my key all the way down the side of the car.

My mantra is that if you are stupid enough to do this you should enjoy your arrogance long after the event!

:bigsmile:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline TorOrange

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012 - 05:46:51 PM »
DAYTONA, purple1, Brad  :2thumbs:

That's some great stuff right there  :smilielol:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012 - 05:51:58 PM by TorOrange »
WANTED 71 cuda / barracuda project. Prefer Black but open.

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012 - 09:37:08 PM »
Sadly enough, you can't fix the stupidity of others around you. The best is when you clearly make the effort to park three football fields away from every other car in a populated parking lot and by the time you come out, there are several beat up cars parked all around you. :villagers:
That truly sucks other MoPar owners can be that careless to others cars as well as to their own.
That happens to me all the time :banghead:
Dennis,Ohio

Offline AARCUDADEN

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012 - 09:49:55 PM »
I was at one of our local cruise ins one time and a guy i know quite well that has a beautiful 55 Chevy Nomad. Well a little boy probley around 7 or 8 years old had reached up and grabbed ahold of the hood orniment was pulling himself up on the hood  :eek2: I couldn't believe what i saw and the parents just stood there watching him do it  :pullinghair: I was about to say something and someone else yelled over at the parents to get the kid off the car. Stupid people pi$$ me off
Dennis,Ohio

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012 - 12:53:50 AM »
I was setting in a restaurant drive through one time when a guy came out of the restaurant, opened his door against the car next to him, then used his car door as leverage (while it was still up against the other car) to get into his own car.   The whole time this guy was getting in, his door sawed into the other guys fender.

This was not at a show or anything, but it was quite a blatant display of no respect!

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2015 Chrysler 200c AWD 3.6L
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05

Offline joelson6

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012 - 10:06:08 AM »
not to hijack here,

i drove my challenger to the market one night to pickup a few things. whenever i do this, i always park out in
no-mans land, away from everyone. there was no one parked within 80 feet of my car

when i walked out, some A-hole had to park right next to me  :swear:  :swear:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

needless to say i left the cart right against the back of their car.  :naughty:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012 - 05:44:52 PM »
I often do that , I always leave about 3' between the cars parked far away from everyone , at least it protects one side of each of our cars that way

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012 - 06:14:36 PM »
how about some fat a$$ momma sitting on the trunklid of my classic bmw while her husband is loading groceries...  :faint:  I just couldn believe what I saw.... feet on the bumper too....  :villagers: :villagers:
*** Bart ***

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012 - 07:07:49 PM »
Wow,
Those are some interesting stories! I hate people that don't respect other people's property. I think some folks don't realize the time & especially the money that goes into restoring a car or just waxing it to a bright lustre! I was at a large private party with my Challenger and had it parked with the hood up for people to view. I was asked to bring the car and park it so folks could enjoy it. I had a fairly drunk fella come by and set a wet beer on the fender while he lit a cigarette. My blood boiled, but I realized he was just drunk and took the high road. This clip linked below says it all and is hillarious!! Check it out!!!  :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley:

Duel at the Mall

Matt B.
Matt