Author Topic: 72 challenger for sale. It's a real 340 car. No rust.  (Read 11414 times)

Offline torqueaddict

72 challenger for sale. It's a real 340 car. No rust.
« on: August 11, 2012 - 08:01:57 PM »
Guys I'm selling my car. It's a 340 challenger. It's been done up to look like a 70. The fenders and trunk were sand blasted, it has a new hood and comes with the boss 338 wheels  staggered. I have the carpet  kit and all the original seats have been reupolsteted. I don't have the original motor. What's in it is a 323 sure grip newly rebuilt big block 727 with less than 2k miles on it. I also have a short block 383 that just needs heads and. Carb.  I have an aluminum radiator that goes with it too. I have put over 25k into this car it has a new trunk pan drop offs and bottom rear quarters. Just recently I put sub frame connectors on it. I also sanded down the floors inside the car and put a protective coating over them. The floors and the trunk have been dynomatted. I have tons of pictures to see the work done over he steps of me having the car. At this Point I just want to cut my losses and start over with a new project. I am asking for 10k. The car is now primmed and ready to be painted. I spent 4500 on the car and have put 4 times that into it. I feel 10k is fair. If you have any questions let me know.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012 - 11:16:00 AM by torqueaddict »
1972 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O) 1970 clone

Offline 72bluNblu

Re: 72 challenger for sale. It's a real 340 4spd car. No rust.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012 - 10:18:32 PM »
Location? Pictures? Don't have to post them all, but a few would help. Is the 4 speed stuff still in the car (pedals, linkage etc)?

Offline fantum

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012 - 10:24:18 PM »
 :iagree:

:useless:
Mike

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012 - 10:37:23 PM »
Location? Pictures? Don't have to post them all, but a few would help. Is the 4 speed stuff still in the car (pedals, linkage etc)?

The car is located in California in the eastbay. I do have pics, I will post them when I get home, sorry to say none of the 4 speed stuff is in the car. It didnt have it when I got the car. The car would be good for someone that has a 70 chally in really bad shape and needs alot of panels as all of the sheetmetal is good. I have a folder full of receipts and other things. I am off at 1030 pacific, I will try to post pics when I get home. The issue is i got upside down in this car and came to the conclusion of just cutting my losses and moving on. This car will take less than a couple grand to be a nice weekend car. The pics I have are mostly of the car painted but its primmered now. I was having it painted when I decided it was becoming a money pit.

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012 - 12:35:22 PM »
Ok guys sorry I have taken so long to put up picks, I just moved and havent had time to go to starbucks since my internet isnt set up yet. Here go some pics
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012 - 01:02:11 PM by torqueaddict »

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012 - 01:20:38 PM »
Ok here are more pics, these are all the things I have had done or done to the car. New tubular a arms from arms, new shocks leaf springs, any worn suspension parts have been replaced, It has a new pitman and idler arm from firm feel, a new steering box, it comes with the black wheels from the pictures, the hood is brand new from amd, new brakes: calipers and rotors and master cylinder stock disc brake in front rear drum set up, new gas tank and sending unit. There is alot more thats all I can think of right now. I have far more pics however it took almost an hour to post the ones I did, its really a pain. Thanks guys in advance. Im asking 10k but money talks. The car isnt really what I want so it just seems best to cut my losses now rather than have regrets later.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012 - 01:30:55 PM by torqueaddict »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012 - 08:08:05 PM »
Too bad you have to sell.  It's a great looking car and sweet deal for the person who buys it.  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012 - 01:21:52 PM »
I know I really don't want to sell it but I can't justify putting more money into the car. I think I wasn't really clear with the first post, the car is primer right now and not running. I could get it running and or painted if someone were to want that. The car comes with most of the drivetrain, only missing heads and a carb. I will post pics of the car primed when I get te car back this weekend. I am "asking" for 10k but am willing to make a deal that makes sense of both parties.

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012 - 01:27:01 PM »

I think there may be some confusion here.

You listed a 72 challenger which I believe is the primered on in the pics and then you posted pics of your own painted ride. Which is the one you are trying to sell and I'm sure folks want to know the options on the car.
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012 - 02:04:20 PM »
Ok yes I think your right. My car is the car I'm selling. The car was going to be painted again and them I decided it wasn't worth the investment to get it painted and put my stroker motor in. I was not happy with the original paint job I got so I was painting it again. I don't have the car right now. The motor was pulled before paint to make sure it was done the right way. So I have the motors for the car. It's a 383 from a 69 charger. The car doesn't have heads because I used my stealth heads to build my stroker. Like I said much of the work on this car is completed.  Asside from the engine components i listed the only things I don't have are the dash pad and head liner. Like I said I could get the car running fairly easily that's why I said I'm willing to make a deal. I would prefer not spend more money Than I already have. I am aware that tho car may be difficult to sell in its current state but if I were to get the car running and painted again I would want closer to 12-13k. I paid 4500 for the car originally needing rust completed and missing alot of parts. I understand the money I spent on the car may have been in vein however someone gettin the car for what I asking for and the completing it would have a car worth more than they paid. I imagine a solid 72 chally completed could get 15+ easily I would imagine, Maybe I'm wrong. If adobe got my car and got the car running and a paint job they would be ahead of the game.  Sure many people do they're own work and could do it for far less. I  fact if I could do my own work I would probably just paint it and get it running to sell it.  I guess I will see how it goes, the body was ver very solid and straight I'd it looks like I can't get at least 7-8k for it I may complete it to sell it or keep it. This very reason is why I'm selling the car. It's still an e body but because it's the wrong year some folks (not u guys) act like its a maverick or something. I feel like unless I paid to much at 4500 when I first got it then asking for 2500-3000 more than I originally paid when I had THOUSANDS of dollars worth of work done to it is a steal. In fact if I got it for what im selling it for I would jut keep it as a weekend cruiser. Sort guys if my info has been not clear, with the exception of when I posted the picks this has all been done on my phone because i just moved a week ago which feeds into the other problem of me not having a place to keep a car I don't want and don't plan on doing any work too. If I need to explain anything else let me know please. Sorru again guys.

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012 - 02:19:35 PM »
Yeah I have just about come to conclusion it will be eaiser and faster to sell this car if I put the motor back in and repaint it. Hell I guess I should put the interior in too. It shouldn't hurt espexially if I can get more for it semi completed.

Offline dawerks

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012 - 07:10:34 PM »
PM'd you, or email me at dawerks @ gmail  .  com

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012 - 03:01:06 PM »
Probably good idea to post a fender tag and/or buildsheet to prove it's a 340-four-speed car and see what the original color was/is.  No dash in the car...does it have a VIN tag?

Not running?  You should try to get it in running condition.  You'll sell it faster and with a higher price tag too.

Side markers smoothed?  Looks like it; can't tell from the after pics.  Just curious how far the 1970 conversion was done.

Four-speed hump still there?  That would be nice for those wanting to convert back to four-speed.  Pedal replacement no big deal.

Also, got any more pics?  Especially the interior?  ANd why was the hood painted black?  Or is that just the epoxy prime paint?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012 - 03:07:09 PM by ragtopchally »
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012 - 03:35:24 PM »
The interior isn't in the car that's why I haven't taken a pic of it. I did post the pictures of the seats however do you could get the idea of what they will look like. I did post the pic of the bare insides so you can see what the dyna matting looks like. I got the car back yesterday and it's at the paint shop now so I will get that fender tag picture today. I have shots of the underside of the car as well. The side markers were covered up due to convenience and I like that look. They have both been filled with metal. If you look at the original primer shots I have you can see they are still there. If I didn't post that one I will also do that today. And none of the four speed stuff is there. Many years ago it was taken out. I never had any of it the hump pedals none of it.

Probably good idea to post a fender tag and/or buildsheet to prove it's a 340-four-speed car and see what the original color was/is.  No dash in the car...does it have a VIN tag?

Not running?  You should try to get it in running condition.  You'll sell it faster and with a higher price tag too.

Side markers smoothed?  Looks like it; can't tell from the after pics.  Just curious how far the 1970 conversion was done.

Four-speed hump still there?  That would be nice for those wanting to convert back to four-speed.  Pedal replacement no big deal.

Also, got any more pics?  Especially the interior?  ANd why was the hood painted black?  Or is that just the epoxy prime paint?

Offline glovemeister

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012 - 08:07:40 PM »
Hey bud,

Probably a long shot but any interest in 50% down, 50% payments within a year?
1971 Challenger RT