Author Topic: should i port  (Read 499 times)

Offline leanburn

should i port
« on: August 13, 2012 - 09:20:01 PM »
i have a 408 that ive been running in a demon for the last couple years, i sold the car but kept the motor for my cuda. i'm considering on getting some porting done. is has eddy heads, hydrualic flat tappet and 10:1. what kind of power increase should i see from porting? i know there are different levels of porting, i was hopeing on spending less than $1,000.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: should i port
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012 - 10:26:20 PM »
IMO the only time not to port is if you do not know what to do & risk making them flow worse .
Too bad I am not still living there I would be happy to port them for you & generally charge around $500 for the work . Aftermarket heads have 2 advantages , they are usually quasi ported already with no ridges behind the seats etc & are alum & cut fast than iron .
 No I do not have a recomendation , as I always did my own porting & depended on no one else .

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline leanburn

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012 - 07:44:11 PM »
 i definately would have hit you up with that offer. i know from porting 2 strokes, ive seen more bad port jobs than good ones. there are only a couple guys i trust with my sleds and quads.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012 - 11:22:02 PM »
Sorry I am no longer there to help you . :dunno:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t