Author Topic: 1971 Cuda convertible, need help,anyone recognize this car?  (Read 1146 times)

Offline kape

• 1971 Cuda
1971 Cuda convertible, need help,anyone recognize this car?
« on: August 28, 2012 - 06:58:24 AM »
I imported a 1971 Cuda convertible last year to Sweden and now I try to find out the history of the car. I know that it came to Mahoning county Ohio from North Carolina 1995 and it had a Ohio plate ATK8268.
It should be really nice to find the former owner with that ATK8268 plate or anything else that I can use. Is there anyway to find this information? Any idea where I should search?
I found the car on the Mecum website from Oct 2009 when i was looking for Cuda pictures on Google, is there anyone here that knows anything about this car? http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=CH1009-84895

I got the information below from the former owner but this is  all I know. vin # is BS27H1B269567

"Karl as far as the owner history of the car here is what I know.  I bought the car from Jerry Summers in the winter of 05. ( I had the title transferred in 06) He bought the car from Lee Hoffman in Peoria, Illnois a couple of years before that.  Lee Hoffman is a huge car collector and has many mopars. He made big news in the states when he bought a 71 Hemi cuda convert (blue with 4-speed) from a big collector in Atlanta and reported sale was one million dollars. The purple car you have sat next to the million dollar Cuda for a while before he sold it. I talked with Lee and he bought the car from someone in Ontario, Canada.  They bought the car off ebay from someone in Ohio.  I traced the Ohio records and they replied in a email that the car came to Ohio from North Carolina."

Thanks
Karl

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
Re: 1971 Cuda convertible, need help,anyone recognize this car?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012 - 03:44:35 PM »
Good kuck.

I recall that car on ebay last year.  Looks real nice.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO