Author Topic: Driver's side AC/heater duct and heater control unit  (Read 710 times)

Offline Casey

Driver's side AC/heater duct and heater control unit
« on: September 25, 2012 - 06:47:00 PM »
I need the Driver's side AC/heater duct  that goes by the steering column to the drivers side vent and a heater control unit and bracket that mounts in the engine compartment. Both for an AC challenger.

Let me know if you have a used one you are willing to ship, thanks
1971 Dodge Challenger 340

Offline A93

Re: Driver's side AC/heater duct and heater control unit
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012 - 07:57:37 PM »
The heater control unit is different for a rallye dash vs a non-rallye dash.  Which one do you need??

Offline Casey

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012 - 10:47:14 PM »
P :feedback:
The heater control unit is different for a rallye dash vs a non-rallye dash.  Which one do you need??

It is a 1971 challenger with a ralley dash. But i am talking about the unit that bolts to the passenger side of the engine compartment and is connected to the heater hoses.
1971 Dodge Challenger 340

Offline 7071 challenger

• All you need is Dodge!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012 - 06:13:20 AM »
This is the valve you need. I bought one like this, but neither of the two bracket is right. One will fit ok if you drill other holes, but is not loke factory. You may find cheaper ones on Ebay, but they usually don't have mounting bracket at all. Make shure the bracket comes with it if you buy a cheaper one. Don' t mess with a used one. You might need a new cable too. It has to be 70-71'' inches long.

Robert

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1970-74-MOPAR-E-BODY-Heater-Water-Valve-w-Factory-Air-Conditioning-AC-A-C-/400288090145?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d33078821&vxp=mtr

Offline 7071 challenger

• All you need is Dodge!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012 - 10:10:06 PM »
As I was looking TONY'S catalog parts, He has a used duct listed in his catalog. The description for his duct is:  ''A/C under column plastic duct  $85''. You can check his website:  www.tonysparts.com .  His e-mail adress is:  tonymopar@aol.com

Robert