Get ready to cry.....PICS

Author Topic: Get ready to cry.....PICS  (Read 4996 times)

Plum6Pak

Re: Get ready to cry.....PICS
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005 - 01:52:32 PM »
Money talks!! I was trying to get this original very solid 52 chevy 5 window 1/2 ton pickup for the longest time, been watching it sit there for over 20 years! I drove by this house in southern Utah many times and stopped several times and asked if they'd sell it, the answer was always that her son owned it and he didin't live there and she didn't have his phone number.
One day after I already had my Chally project and really couldn't afford the truck I stopped and asked about it again, the lady gave me the same answer, I said I will give you 1500 dollars right now here on the spot, she about swallowed her teeth and said her son was out irrigating and feeding the cattle, she told me where to find him. I couldn't ever find him but I had to laugh at her when her eyes opened as large as a 15" Chally hubcap!! Money does talk!!

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005 - 04:40:29 PM »
You know, this really pisses me off. Here I am, a high school student with a weekend job, making a little cash on the side to buy my dream car, and these shmucks have my dream car and refuse to sell it! What do they do with it- THEY LET IT ROT INTO NOTHING! GAAAAH! :spank: :pissed: :madvibe: :gripe: :burn: :stomp: :mad:

Rant done, all better now. :)

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2005 - 10:17:03 PM »
i often wonder if the days of good deals are gone.  i have no money for the 20, 30, 40 thousand dollar mopars, but i wonder if you bring a thousand to a guys house and that has a car sitting like that, what would happen?

$8000 flapping in the toothless guys face didn't make him flinch.  I felt like saying "your daughter will kill you one day for this"
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005 - 11:40:50 AM »
There are still some good deals out there. Just got some 70 cuda stuff for a superb price. :beer: Just because you have cash doesn't always mean much to some people. I've sold parts to another board member and was more willing to sell it to that person, because I knew he would use it instead of trying to turn a profit.

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2005 - 12:16:56 PM »
The only way that will ever be resold is as part of the car ;), considering its a 12K car at best(when done) & I'll need twice that just to break even the buyer has to be crazier than me or have a ton of cash to play with!  ;D
I guess I did my good deed for the mopar gods by saving it :banghead:, will my reward be a Hemi 'Cuda someday before I go to that big drag strip in the sky! :guitar: Rich.

Offline mrcuda

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2005 - 12:29:12 PM »
Hey Rusty just like house prices they keep telling us that the prices of these cars are going to come down, the question is when? :dontknow: Hopefully there are enough people out there who might see  or has somethhing that someone else wants or needs and is willing to let it go at a reasonable price. Just remember one man's junk is another man's treasure, and another man's treasure might look like junk to you.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2005 - 01:59:30 PM »
What gets me so puzzled about these morons is that they won't even fork out 20 or 30 bucks for a plastic tie down tarp to keep debris and water out. Since I got my car in the late 70's, I have always kept her protected .
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2005 - 03:49:52 PM »
There's a guy here with FOUR Mopars, just rotting away in his yard.  Sad.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2005 - 03:51:59 PM »
And, who can forget about this pic.  I found it while surfing the net a few months ago.  I think the owner needs to be kneecapped for letting her get in this bad of shape.

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2005 - 09:45:08 AM »
Yep - the snorkel hood scoop is fiberglass - it's the only thing not rotting on that car right now :spank:
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline HEMI HUNTER

• SERIOUS H.P.IS REALLY COOL
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2005 - 11:30:37 AM »
those for sale signs must be a joke :banghead:
Why are the only other cars on the road all in my rear view mirror?  Oh yeah cause I got a 440/6 pack

Thank you GOD for the "Go Fast Division"

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2005 - 01:50:04 PM »
 ;D  Mr Ghost is that "ghostly" figure shootin the pic you!  ;D
Hmmmmmm, do ghosts have shadows????  :dontknow: Rich.

Offline BB73Challenger

• 2 cars - twice the wrenching... yay?
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2005 - 02:05:06 PM »

Hmmm - maybe, I think it's vampires don't have shadows
Jeff from Cleveland, Ohio

Offline Fleet 500

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2005 - 08:40:43 PM »
You know, this really pisses me off. Here I am, a high school student with a weekend job, making a little cash on the side to buy my dream car, and these shmucks have my dream car and refuse to sell it! What do they do with it- THEY LET IT ROT INTO NOTHING! GAAAAH! :spank: :pissed: :madvibe: :gripe: :burn: :stomp: :mad:

Rant done, all better now. :)
Let me guess... you're upset, right?  ;D

Anyway, that first picture (the AAR 'Cuda) doesn't look like it's in too bad of shape.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2005 - 09:58:15 PM »

No, that's not me.  If it was, I would most likely have been put in jail, for beating the living tar out of her owner.  I just found that pic on the internet.