Author Topic: Pics of my trunk floor replacement  (Read 1078 times)

Offline 69daytona

Pics of my trunk floor replacement
« on: October 18, 2012 - 04:30:41 PM »
Here are some pictures of my trunk floor replacement. The drop offs were in good shape but I screwed up and cut to far so had to replace all of it.
This car was hit once before must have been in the 70s as everything was brazed back together which made for a major pain to get apart.
The edges of the tail light panel survived in good shape but the parts of the fender edges that it is spot welded to (brazed) had to be replaced, lucky the metal was in good shape to weld to.
I didnt have a spot welder so I drilled 1/4" holes in the floor pan and welded it to the frame every 1-1 1/2" after which I ground the welds smooth covered all joints weld and seams with seam sealer primed over that and covered with bed liner so it will take forever for it to rust through again if ever. The bottom was treated the same way without the bed liner. The gas tank straps were sand blasted and primed then rewelded back in place, and then seam sealed . The new gas tank and sending unit were then installed.
Right now I am waiting for all my seal and weather stripping to show up, until then I am finishing up the body work to do a partial respray before installing the gas tank filler.
Hope to have it all done in about 3 weeks. This was not fun to do after having two back surgeries but cost to much to have a shop do it. The amd panels fit great, only had to modify the drop offs a little to fit in the corners by the wheel well.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
Re: Pics of my trunk floor replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012 - 04:56:53 PM »
nice work  :2thumbs:  Looks like you`re wearing a challenger suit...  :biggrin:
*** Bart ***

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
Pics of my trunk floor replacement
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012 - 10:34:03 PM »
Good job!!!