Author Topic: Back of Shaker Sitting Low  (Read 5230 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: Back of Shaker Sitting Low
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012 - 02:26:28 PM »
Have you ever checked out original Hemicuda's to see how their shakers sit?
I don't have any pictures Hemicudas, but here is my original 440+6 Cuda using 100% OEM parts......

Just sayin'....  :dunno:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012 - 02:30:38 PM by anlauto »
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Mopar_Mudder

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012 - 02:39:34 PM »
Have you ever checked out original Hemicuda's to see how their shakers sit?
I don't have any pictures Hemicudas, but here is my original 440+6 Cuda using 100% OEM parts......

Just sayin'....  :dunno:

I have looked around and pictures on the net and have found them from sitting what look way too low to up where I think they should sit. Now the problem is I have no ideas what ones are original or not.

I can tell you that the way mine was the seal at the back of the shaker didn't even hit the hood, as you can see the voltage regulator in the picture I posted. Also the fan almost hit the top of the shroud, based on thoose two things it seemed wrong so I fixed it.
1971 Hemi Cuda

2005 SRT-10 Regular Cab Flame Red.   12.771 @ 109.67 <-----Time Slip --Video
Mopar: Headers, Exhaust, Ram Air, ECM

2008 3500 Mega Cab Dually, Resistal Edition

Offline Barracudadan

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012 - 12:05:51 PM »
I don`t have a shaker setup and have never messed with one, but couldn`t you just shim up the rear of the shaker baseplate to get the desired height nothing would ever be seen under there? Just sayin.  :dunno: Seems like an awful lot of work just to get the height up in the rear of shaker. That said it does seem like you guys know what you are talking about with the photos and measurements.

Offline Mopar_Mudder

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012 - 12:18:10 PM »
I don`t have a shaker setup and have never messed with one, but couldn`t you just shim up the rear of the shaker baseplate to get the desired height nothing would ever be seen under there? Just sayin.  :dunno: Seems like an awful lot of work just to get the height up in the rear of shaker. That said it does seem like you guys know what you are talking about with the photos and measurements.

I could have done something alog that line yes, actually that was my first thought. But I needed to gain about 3/4" to make it right. Then their was still the issue with the fan being close to the shroud. Then I got the thinking about drive line angles and vibration. So I just decieded to go for it and fix it right the first time. Also the exhaust manifolds were very close to the torsion bars and the tie rod was very close to the oil pan. They probably would have been OK, but I got a little exrta cleanrance on them this way.
1971 Hemi Cuda

2005 SRT-10 Regular Cab Flame Red.   12.771 @ 109.67 <-----Time Slip --Video
Mopar: Headers, Exhaust, Ram Air, ECM

2008 3500 Mega Cab Dually, Resistal Edition

Offline Barracudadan

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012 - 05:42:05 PM »
Ok I get the big picture now. Thanks for the education!