Author Topic: New Design US Car Tool fender to cowl braces  (Read 29527 times)

Offline Cuda416

Re: New Design US Car Tool fender to cowl braces
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2013 - 08:34:17 AM »
I've been watching this thread in the eventuality that I'll be installing these on my car. All the posts for pros and cons are appreciated.
What I really like is that people are willing to figure out how to fix a problem and post solitions, not just bash the product.

:woo:

Nicely done Larry!
70' Barracuda conv. (project)

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2013 - 03:39:51 PM »

What I really like is that people are willing to figure out how to fix a problem and post solutions, not just bash the product.

:woo:

I agree.   :2thumbs:
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline ChrisUSCT

« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2013 - 10:51:05 PM »
Hi again guys,

We have made some slight changes to the design of our inner fender braces to fit the cuda and challenger seeing as they are slightly different in design. Here is a couple of pics of the mods made.

We followed along the lines of what Larry has done, but we integrated the addition to our inner fender brace. Also changed the outward facing plate to make it easier to install and weld.

Also if there is anyone has not installed there inner fender braces because they are having problems with this area, contact me at (919) 855-8200 and we will get it taken care of.

Thanks!

Offline larry4406

« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2013 - 05:47:03 AM »
Hi Chris - looks nice.  Please explain this change a little better "Also changed the outward facing plate to make it easier to install and weld".  I can't seem to see any change.

Your Cuda is still different than mine.  Yours has a plate under the inner fender forward of the reinforcement.

Offline GCCUDA

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2013 - 09:59:12 PM »
I Took the time to meet with John and his team in Carlise .. I am pleased to say that he has a true knowledge of the mopar frames and how to make them stronger!!!