Author Topic: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST  (Read 53277 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2013 - 09:03:23 PM »
I have a wholesale account with Dale's Cuda shop.
All of my big block E Body restorations for about the past ten years I have used mufflers/over axle pipes and resonators from Dale and head pipes from Don's Exhaust. For 1970 small block cars I was using head pipes from Dales as well.
For all the 1971 small block E Bodies I restored (5) I bought only the head pipes from Accurate LTD. I have bought a couple of B Body systems from Accurate as well.  http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/PAST-RESTORATIONS.html

These new mufflers at $79 look good, but if Dale's is still making exhaust in the future, my allegiance is with them.

I would love to have a customer "step-up" to buy an ECS system, but judging from my past customers, I don't see it in my future customers.

I still feel that all the companies currently offering exhaust for our beloved Mopars will all enjoy their own share of the market place. I don't understand all the mudslinging that goes on :clueless:....I guess "that's just business" :dunno:

:cheers:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2013 - 07:16:52 AM »
Ted,

I have the ECS system on our challenger and the B body mufflers on the way for my charger.  Why?  Because I want my cars correct like they would have left the factory.  And yes, we drive the crap out of our cars but also get a lot of maintenance with polishing and cleaning them before any big show or after a long drive on an AACA tour.  Why go through replicating all the small details like tags, inspection marks, etc. only to settle for an inaccurate part.  Again, there are MANY different levels of restoration that one could do with their car.  Cosmetic only for a nice cruise night car, another would be where you clean up the undercarriage and maintain how clean it is and undercoat it.  Then you have the super high end cars which pretty much are OE standards that have to have every nut and bolt correct with correct markings and such.  Our cars are not the cruise night car although we do go to an occasional one for fun but our cars fall mostly in between the other two classes.

Offline resq302

« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2013 - 07:18:48 AM »
We took some more pictures a few minutes ago to clarify that these are really the resonators that we have available from the manufacturer.
Was it 100 sets ( 200 count ) or 100 single units you want to order? If you order 200 units I will pay the freight to anywhere in the states.
We take money orders or credit card. Just let me know how you want to work this out and we'll get working on it.
Thanks for the order!

Tom,

I can not see from the pic but, again, I ask, does this new muffler have the drain hole like the factory did?

Offline resq302

« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2013 - 10:51:05 AM »
Ted,

How am I bashing ECS's competition?  As I said, I just put their system on our chally and have the mufflers on the way for my charger.  The fact is that I have / had Tom's systems on our cars prior to this because this was the best that there was out there AT THE TIME!  I was ok with their system as it was nice although not exact to what was on factory cars.  Again, it was the best that was available at the time.  Now that someone has come along with a better, more correct (ok exact) system, why would I not want to put that on our cars?  Im sure you have seen some of the pictures on our cars and how detailed they are.  We are always looking for ways to improve on our cars to make the more correct.  Dave just happened to have something that we needed and could afford.  There was no way that we would have ever been able to afford NOS parts, period!  This is a cheaper alternative.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2013 - 04:32:42 PM »
The guy that runs BE&A often states that they only do one production run and once those products are sold, THAT'S IT...there won't be any more made...."buy them now or lose out" :22yikes:

Is this the same case with your exhaust products? You seem to have a lot of initial inventory. Is this all that will be made? Or will a greater demand warrant a second production run ? :bigshades:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2013 - 08:11:07 PM »
Sorry Dave, I wasn't purposely trying to deflect, I was actually quite impress with the amount of inventory you have of  fairly expensive items, and was wondering if it may have been a "one time run" deal, which I still can't understand why BE&A chooses to do. :clueless:

As for the he said/she said stuff regarding the photos Tom posted.... I'm not into the "CSI" stuff......I was hoping to read a post from Tom himself in response to your request for more detailed photos of his inventory. :dunno:

As I said, I don't understand the mudslinging and why such crap has to continue...

Offline resq302

« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2013 - 09:32:51 PM »
Im only guessing that Mike Ross does not own the tooling to be able to make it any time they want.  Again, that is just a guess.

Offline Tom Swope

• Accurate Exhaust Products LTD
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2013 - 10:06:28 PM »
Alan ,
Accurate LTD is in the business of selling quality Mopar exhaust products. Regularly we are sent exhaust samples from manufacturers that want us to market their products. Two weeks ago a manufacturer sent us this resonator along with various other mufflers to review. 
The resonator pictures I posted is what was sent. I have nothing to do with the product other than buying and selling it. I know nothing about their equipment , dies or where they attained their design. This is not my concern. I will however share that this is an imported product and the company sells to many other firms in the U.S.  As with all muffler and resonators we receive to review , we will dissect this one to confirm that it is a quality unit. As mentioned in an earlier post , this manufacturer has made these available to me and if they indeed are as good inside as they are on the outside I will be marketing them for @ $79.00 each. These will not replace our U.S.A. made ACM-6916  units but will be added to our line for those that want external spot weld units. I do not know how to explain this any simpler than this.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2013 - 10:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Tom. :worshippy This looks like it could be an interesting addition to your product line.

As stated by me in an earlier post....I believe all companies selling exhaust products for our beloved Mopars will enjoy their own share of the market place. There is room for everybody.

Offline Tom Swope

• Accurate Exhaust Products LTD
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2013 - 11:49:09 PM »
Dave , You have agreed to buy 200 sets of the resonator sample I had posted here. I made it clear that the manufacturer has made these available when I posted the picture and the price was $79.00 each . I did not say I had them currently in stock. This is strictly a business matter for an agreement you have made based on if the actual picture was of an actual resonator I had received from the manufacturer. It is not my concern whether or not it is possibly one of yours that the importer sent to me. You based your purchase on the pictures. I will be fair with you. Next week I am going to cut the sample apart and examine the materials, workmanship and materials of the resonator to make sure it a reflection of the exterior. After that if you want to order only 50 units and pay for the shipping I would be happy to split a pallet with you as I am putting in an order next week. I hope this ends this matter.
Regards,Tom Swope
Accurate LTD         

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2013 - 12:48:56 PM »
This is a good thread and I hate to lock it due to all the bashing.  Do you think we can all get along and get past all the bullsh!t and start talking about the MOPAR's again?  Seriously?    :eek4:

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2013 - 09:50:09 AM »
C'mon guys....   

Enough is enough. 

There is enough info in thread for folks to make a decision about what product they would purchase, we don't need the bickering. IMHO - the bickering doesn't help either side. 

:2thumbs:
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline resq302

« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2013 - 07:32:18 PM »
Dave,

Just curious how progress was with the other body styles and if plans are in the works for doing the head pipes for all the body styles?  Gotta say, I love that E body system on our chally and I can't wait to install the mufflers on my charger!

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2013 - 12:11:37 AM »
I apologize if this has come up before, but I can't read all 14 pages right now ....l

For those of us old enough to remember the original mufflers and pipes know they were prone to rusting out fairly quickly with say 4-5 years the average life span.  Understanding some people want parts like this to be EXACTLY like the original, but has there been any thought of building like exhaust components out of more rust-resistant longer lasting metal such as stainless or aluminum?  I just wondered if I'm the only one who doesn't miss that aspect of the original pipes?  Lastly, thanks for building these.  Even if they're not for me I really appreciate anyone trying to provide a quality part for these old Mopars.

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline resq302

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2013 - 08:22:00 AM »
While it is not an e body part, I just wanted to show everyone the latest part that arrived for my charger.  Kudo's to Dave and ECS for making this accurate muffler component!  The finish and detail is absolutely mind blowing!  Now only if Dave would make all of the other reproduction stuff so we know it would fit and be correct the first time! 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 - 09:59:18 AM by resq302 »