Author Topic: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST  (Read 53265 times)

Offline resq302

Re: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013 - 03:06:15 PM »
Dave,

The factory MUST have had the "x" mark on the boxes when they received them like that.  Otherwise you wouldn't have put them on the box like that right?   :smilielol:

Offline resq302

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013 - 04:48:52 PM »
 :bigsmile:  That label is just the icing on the cake.  Really cool nostalgic feature even though it will never see the car! :2thumbs:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013 - 06:52:35 PM »
Hello Dave...
I just found this thread, the new exhaust components look great as expected...  :worshippy

I was more caught by surprised by the picture posted above with "other stammped items" ?
You're making these parts too ? Is this something new for ECS ? They look like items that have been on the market for sometime now, did you just buy out somebody or something ?  :clueless:

Even though that mopar logo is not correct for 70-71 parts it's by far my favorite too !  :2thumbs:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2013 - 09:01:22 PM »
Dave,

The factory MUST have had the "x" mark on the boxes when they received them like that.  Otherwise you wouldn't have put them on the box like that right?   :smilielol:

Factory OEM crayons from the assembly lines he uses too.  :grinyes:

Good stuff Dave.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline resq302

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2013 - 10:42:58 PM »
Dave,

How is the progress coming on the complete B body exhaust systems?  I know I saw comparison pictures of the mufflers, do you have any other comparison pics?

Offline resq302

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013 - 02:00:26 PM »
Wow, only two words come to mind...... Nailed it!   :2thumbs:

Offline resq302

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2013 - 01:30:06 PM »
I just got chills!  They look amazing.  Really nice pic too!   Could only imagine what they would have looked like at the assembly line.

Offline 72ls5fla

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2013 - 06:54:16 PM »
Dave,

you have NO IDEA just how badly I wish I did not recently buy a new system for the Challenger !!!!!

I got it last December - it could not be put off any longer     :crying:
This one time I want a do-over!!!

I love the system you guys made - it so damn perferct!

Maybe Eric's system will rust out or fail ....  LOL

Offline resq302

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2013 - 07:33:57 PM »
Could by like my system that I got in 2006 for my charger that had the muffler baffle break loose and cause an annoying rattle at idle.  Granted, it was about 3 years before it did it but I also don't drive the car every day either.  I won't mention any names but their product is far from accurate.

Offline resq302

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2013 - 01:09:08 AM »
Man, thats like looking down the row of the Radio City Rockettes with their legs.... only in this case, gorgeous pipes! 

Offline resq302

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2013 - 06:17:45 PM »
I gotta say guys, we just got the exhaust in from ECS and all I can say is ..... WOW!   :wow:  These things are amazing!   :2thumbs:  If it wasn't for a fact that I knew these were repro's, I'd say that these were hidden somewhere in a climate controlled environment for 30-40 yrs.  These things are absolutely amazing.  Anyone getting these will NOT be disappointed!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2013 - 10:20:47 PM »
Dave,

Do you plans on advertising these on E Bay?
Or do you feel it's not the right place to market them?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline resq302

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2013 - 07:36:06 AM »
Thank you very Much Master B.  That is the response we have received from all of the recipients of our first run.  Frank Baldalson has ordered numerous sets and stated that this is the first time he has been able to purchase exhaust components and not had to haggle with them in order to obtain a "Factory" fit and finish.  We have another large shipment coming in soon that is basically "sold out".  I know our competition advertises having the "Largest Inventory" of Mopar Exhaust components.   Having the largest inventory sitting in our warehouse is one "bragging" right I hope we never experience.  I think they look BEST when installed on your Classic Mopars.  That's why we manufactured them!  Not bad for a "sticker" guy.....huh?  Thanks again Brian.

I have to agree, Dave.  Having a large amount of inventory in the warehouse (unless you are going through it that fast) is a huge waste of money and resources.  The longer it sits there, the more likely it is to get damaged, corrode, etc.  Plus it is money that you spent and are awaiting to see the return investment on it.  Your competitor does not have the right focus on business or stock control.  Its a good thing that wasn't produce or it would be like throwing money out the window... all that stuff would go to waste.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2013 - 08:38:27 AM »
Be sure to include the price of each system in your advertised comparison.

Reason being, if a complete system from a competitor cost $500 and yours cost $900 (assumptions), then that would dictate the quality. Sort of like comparing a Mercedes Benz to a Nissan ?

The purchaser should realize they get what they pay for.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2013 - 08:53:23 AM »
Anlauto,

Price doesn't always dictate the quality.  Have you ever heard of HALPAG with the general lee clones?  They were getting some pretty decent money for cars that were nothing but bondo!

The purchaser should always research their product before buying something.  Be it exhaust, cars, cell phones, etc.  Its like saying an Apple iPhone is better than my Motorola flip phone.  I have dropped my phone (on accident) off of my roof when putting up Chrismas lights only to have it bounce and have the battery case and battery pop out.  I put everything back and it worked fine after powering it back up.  My LG phone I dropped and the glass cracked every time it fell over 3' drop.