Author Topic: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST  (Read 53262 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012 - 11:47:04 PM »
Is the ECS system made in America?
Is the Gardener and Accurate system made in America?
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
  • Rev 20:4. Mat 6:33 John 1:3 Mat 26:41
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012 - 11:52:08 PM »
Accurate is made in Roseburg , Oregon.

Offline 72ls5fla

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012 - 12:27:56 AM »
Pretty sure Erics (Gardener) systems are all built in upstate  NY ..  or in NE area.
Just can't remember exactly where.

Offline Tom Swope

• Accurate Exhaust Products LTD
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012 - 12:30:39 PM »
Because many on this forum have been loyal customers of our's for many years I found it necessary to respond to some comments on this thread that are incorrect and misleading. This comment from ESC is incorrect to what was actually wrote :
"I was contacted by one of the "competitors" who did not appreciate the information I conveyed here regarding the correctness of our products."
This is what I wrote in part:
"David ,
There is no issue regarding your description of your product in the thread.  The problem arises from your inaccurate description of our product. I specifically designed the Accurate LTD e-body resonators and mufflers with a qualified engineer and well know the internals and materials of our products. Your comment stating our product is of a single wrap construction with improper internals is not true and is misleading to those reading the thread. As mentioned in the previous e-mail there are other inappropriate and untrue comments that were made."

However I appreciated Dave's (ESC) response by removing our business name (Accurate) from his original post but if one wants to include comparisons in the the promotion of his/her's product I would think one would make sure who made what first!

No doubt ESC will have a market for the new exhaust products for a special segment of our industry as we also have our specific market.
I do not involve myself in trying to discredit a competitor or his/her's product. Nor have I or will I in this case.
I also feel it important to defend oneself from inaccurate and untrue statements when made as was the case in this thread.
Our business approach has always been to make what people will/want to buy and give them good service. So far this has worked for us since 1976 so why fix something that is not broke?

Sorry for the rant but I felt I had to respond.

Thanks,Tom Swope
Accurate Exhaust Products LTd

If you have any further questions or want to order any of our products please feel free to call me personally @ 541-672-2661 or e-mail
taswope@msn.com  or visit our website @  www.accurateltd.com     
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013 - 05:58:12 PM by Tom Swope »

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012 - 01:43:35 PM »
Great deal free shipping , I am not sure what a factory exhaust system sounds like but I am happy with the product I purchased from Accurate exhaust systems. I know they have several cars in thier yard tha they use to make the system as close to origional ans easy to install. I am sure ECS will put out a great system too. I love the sound of my exhaust system and never listem to the radio because it drowns out the Engine music. Thanks tom for a great exhaust. Man did she sound good going thru just the resonators. I love the sound when I am downshifting through the backstreets it has a snarling growl that SHOWS UP AT THOSE SPEEDS.   :bigsmile:  :burnout:  :jumping:

Offline resq302

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012 - 02:10:34 PM »
Tom,

I have to say that your company does have a nice product, however, we had some issues when we were installing our system on the 70 chally with the 340.  I can't remember who, but I called up and spoke to someone where who mentioned that the original front driver side pipe had the "crushed" area for clearance of the torsion bar on the driver side.  The one that we got from your company did not although, your employee was nice enough to instruct us how to accomplish doing this without trying to mar the finish on the new exhaust pipe.  After massaging the recessed area into the curve of the pipe, we were able get the whole system mounted without any problems.  I can not remember if the resonator was welded to the over the axle pipe or not and, unfortunately, that car is no longer kept at my house for me to run to the garage and check.

Depending on what level of restoration we choose for our next projects will obviously show us what options we will have for exhaust and other various detailed items.

Offline GranCuda1970

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012 - 02:23:32 PM »
Mine were not welded they were double U clamped. I did buy a drivers side hanger from another vendor. System sounds great and had no clearance issues with the 440 manifolds all the way through the valence and was easy to install. I will try to record some audio on video if I can get the sound clear enough in the near future from inside the car while driving.

Offline MY J0B

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012 - 04:37:01 PM »
ECS...The pictures you just posted along with your past reputation is enough to advertise these new products. Comparing them to others currently available in promotions such as this, or magazine ads is not necessary.
The quality of your product stands alone.

As I said in an earlier post...There is room for everybody in this hobby.

Buyers can decide what level of exhaust they want.

*What level of quality
*What level of availability
*What level of price

If you offered the highest level of quality, but the lowest level of price...Then I could see the competitors worrying, as it is...I think everybody can remain happy and content knowing there are options out there.

:clapping: Bravo on your newest adventure :worshippy

Offline Tom Swope

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012 - 10:46:27 PM »

I understand your sentiment.  If I never sold a single Exhaust item it wouldn't hurt me whatsoever.  Our main Business is supplying 55,000 Repair Facilities with Licensed VIN Replacement Labels.  Our RPM product line is a few months off from being carried by Auto Zone.  Our AMMO Metal line should be in Cabella's sometime next Spring.   Our Classic products are my passion and keep me busy.  You can be assured that I have no problem with "competition" by the fact that I allowed this guy post his Company Ad on the Forum that I have the ability to moderate.  Unlike those who cry and whine when something is said that they don't like, I have no problem letting people express their thoughts.  Only wimps complain to moderators when they can't take the heat. 

If you will notice however, the Ad is more about Fed Ex and Shipping gimmicks than the quality of what is being shipped.  Since Tom obviously knows how to post pictures, I ask AGAIN for him to put his money where his mouth is and show us his "correct appearing - NOS Style Available" exhaust components.  He has made it a point to continuously claim I have been dishonest when I have spoke the absolute truth!  It's time he substantiate his claims with something other than his words.  As I said earlier, I would rather see a sermon than hear one.

Dave, Please find one of the many products that are available as an n.o.s. style part. located here on our website @ http://www.accurateltd.com/Tailpipes--225-or-250-for-tips-A-Body_p_202.html .
These can be ordered as an option with our A-body exhaust systems.
I also included a picture, for a comparison ,of the more popular one piece unit that is available for factory chrome tips or stainless tips.
We sell 99% of these as most customers want a better flowing exhaust system. I included this picture to make the point that even though
this tailpipe is not a two piece welded unit it still follows the factory configuration and in our opinion "correct appearing" but with better flow.
With this being said, customers that have purchased our n.o.s. style parts have commended us for the originality, quality and fit.  Frank Badalson is one of them and most in this industry respect his opinions.
I have done my best to satisfy your concerns and maybe it is not enough but don't you think the mud-slinging should stop?
You have your customer base and I have mine. Let us agree to disagree but doing so with the respect of each other's viewpoints.
Regards ,Tom

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013 - 10:58:00 PM by Tom Swope »

Offline Tom Swope

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012 - 11:56:40 PM »
I am glad you said this Tom because it appears that semantics might be interfering with the truth.  The Resonator I described in a previous post was purchased from Dale's.  You responded by stating that I was "misleading" the "loyal Customers" who were following this thread.  I was looking at your site and noticed that your Resonator looks EXACTLY like the one I received from Dale's.  It also looks just like the ones displayed on the Gardner site.  I may not have received the example I purchased directly from you but I have one question to ask.  Are the units supplied by these other suppliers, manufactured by your Company?  If you flip over the Resonator displayed on your website, does the other side have a directional arrow, seven digit part number and six digit date code embossed in the metal?
David , Included is a picture of our resonator that we supply with our exhaust systems. Our part number is the top number and the date code below. These are double wrapped aluminized units that I designed with an exhaust engineer specifically for us. They do not have directional arrows stamped anywhere on the case. Many customers claim that these sound like the originals and I agree with the testing that I have done. I do not supply the two companies that you mention. I hope this information is helpful and concludes the issue regarding the resonator you were comparing as not being ours.
Regards,Tom

Offline Tom Swope

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012 - 12:21:17 AM »
Apology accepted. I am sure you will do well with those requiring what you have to offer.
Regards , Tom

Offline JoltinJoe

• BALZ TO THE WALZ MAN
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012 - 03:28:32 AM »
The winner for Professionalism is Tom Swope of Accurate Exhaust ltd.
HIS: '68 GMC 3/4 ton pick-up truck, '73 Barracuda, '87 Firebird, '01 Jeep Cherokee and finally a '70 Barracuda Convertible!
HERS: 1980 Toyota Starlet, 1995 SAAB 9-5 and then '01 SAAB 9-3 and currently '08 Saab 9-3 convertible!
NEXT IS MINE: purple 2010 Dodge Challenger!!!

Offline resq302

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012 - 05:46:14 AM »
Tom,

Just curious, as I noticed your muffler has the Made in USA on it as well as some other numbers.  Here is a picture of the Accurate Exhaust that we got for our 70 Challenger from your company back in either 2008 or 2009.  Has your production changed since then to include those stampings in the resonators?  Ours does not have them but other stampings.

Also, is the date code the Y number or the number before it?

Offline Tom Swope

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012 - 10:17:38 AM »
Tom,

Just curious, as I noticed your muffler has the Made in USA on it as well as some other numbers.  Here is a picture of the Accurate Exhaust that we got for our 70 Challenger from your company back in either 2008 or 2009.  Has your production changed since then to include those stampings in the resonators?  Ours does not have them but other stampings.

Also, is the date code the Y number or the number before it?
Brian ,
I do not recall how long ago that we started stamping the resonators and mufflers as they are currently stamped. It was when the company that builds our mufflers for us upgraded their stamping capabilities that we were able to get them stamped as they are now. The materials and design were not changed in the resonators or mufflers.
P.S. Beautiful undercarriage shot.
Regards,Tom

Offline Tom Swope

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012 - 11:45:16 AM »
Hi Tom,
I know you said the 2739 stands for the date code.  What does the 76916 and the Y82 stand for in your embossing?  Thanks.

Dave,
Here is a good site to get some of this information. http://www.iccahome.org/
I believe the 2739 means the 273rd day of 1969 according to the website. Some customers like the idea of  an imprinted date code. 
The 76916 has our part # 6916 as the last four digits. The #7 is a fill in number for the stamping plate that was used at the factory.
The Y82 is our code we apply to our e-body muffler and resonator line.

Dave,
What do all of the embossed numbers on your resonator represent?
Also , Do you have your company part # stamped somewhere on the resonators to distinguish an original/NOS piece from your reproduction?
If not -how would one know if someone were to try and sell a reproduction as an original from 40 years ago?
Thanks,Tom