Author Topic: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST  (Read 53287 times)

Offline resq302

Re: FACTORY EXACT EXHAUST
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2013 - 11:53:13 PM »
Again, Dave, this is why I had so much of that nasty (probably caustic) liquid that drained out of my mufflers on my charger once I punched a hole in the ends with an awl.

Offline resq302

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2013 - 02:03:26 PM »
Thanks for the comparison shots!   :2thumbs:  As always with your pictures, Dave, they speak a thousand words!

Offline resq302

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2013 - 02:11:46 PM »
Granted, I have no pics at this time, but my wifes 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition has 38,000 miles and also has the drain hole in the muffler.  But, hey, what do we know?   I'm not an engineer, and I sure as heck didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!   :smilielol:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2013 - 09:45:09 AM »
The only comparison needed:  :2cents:

B BODY MUFFLER

ECS = $420.00 EACH WITH PENTASTAR AND WITH WEEP HOLES
ACC = $99.00 EACH W/OUT PENTASTAR AND W/OUT WEEP HOLES
DCS = $90.00 EACH WITH PENTASTAR AND W/OUT WEEP HOLES
DCS = $71.25 EACH W/OUT PENTASTAR AND W/OUT WEEP HOLES
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013 - 02:20:58 PM by anlauto »
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline resq302

« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2013 - 10:10:16 AM »
The only comparison needed:  :2cents:

B BODY MUFFLER

ECS = $420.00 EACH
ACC = $99.00 EACH
DCS = $90.00 EACH/$71.25 W/OUT PENTASTAR EACH

Alan,

Unless Accurate changed their process, they do not have the penta star on them, at least when I got mine from them in 2005 or 2006.  You have to remember that the licensing to use that copy right will add a lot to the price of the part.  So again, if you want it correct, it will cost a little more to have the correct details.  Or you could get something thats cheaper and worry about something coming loose inside of it.  Here are the pics of the Accurate muffler that I have on my charger till I get a chance to upgrade them.  Im tired of dealing with the rattle inside of the driver side one.  You would not believe the amount of rusty/black colored water that came out of my mufflers once I used an awl to punch the drain hole into it!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2013 - 10:51:12 AM »
Ok...I'll edit my above post. Thank you.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline resq302

« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2013 - 12:58:22 PM »
Ok...I'll edit my above post. Thank you.

I know that Accurate's exhaust does not come with the drain hole.  Does DCS mufflers come with this or do they fill up with water like a bath tub like mine did with the Accurate one before I punched a hole in the end with an awl to let the water that collected inside to drain out?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2013 - 02:19:24 PM »
Ok...I'll edit my above post again. Thank you

Offline Tom Swope

• Accurate Exhaust Products LTD
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2013 - 03:03:17 PM »
Since pricing was brought up. One of our muffler manufacturers has these e-body resonators available that look very similar to ECS units but without the pentastars and date codes. For a list price of $79.00 each it appears to be a great bargain. The unit is double wrapped and has the internals with the two piece perf tube and center chamber relief.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013 - 03:05:52 PM by Tom Swope »

Offline resq302

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2013 - 03:53:20 PM »
Tom,

since the drain holes are big issue with getting the water out, does this new unit (assuming it is yours) have the drain holes in it or will this fill up with water like mine did?  Also, are you selling these right now?  I did not see it on your web site.

Offline resq302

« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2013 - 04:00:25 PM »
Working on my moms 03 Sebring vert yesterday on the rear brakes, I happened to notice this!  I guess Chrysler engineers still have it wrong with putting the weep / drain hole in the muffler.   :roflsmiley:

Offline resq302

« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2013 - 04:48:30 PM »
Since pricing was brought up. One of our muffler manufacturers has these e-body resonators available that look very similar to ECS units but without the pentastars and date codes. For a list price of $79.00 each it appears to be a great bargain. The unit is double wrapped and has the internals with the two piece perf tube and center chamber relief.

Tom,

Going out and looking at the ones on our challenger, that resonator bears an uncanny resemblance to the minor flaws that ours had too. Im speaking of the are where the roll is for the end cap and having that heart beat like up and down vs. the smooth roll that Im sure Dave has worked out by now.  Also, the spot welds seem to be in the exact same areas as the ones we have which we got from Dave for our challenger.  Are you sure that this isn't one of ECS' products that you are showing? Again, does this one have a drain hole in it or not?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2013 - 06:39:22 PM »
Where would Tom get pictures of your resonators ? :clueless: I just flipped through 13 pages of this thread and didn't see the pictures posted anywhere. :dunno:

Maybe your manufacturer is selling them out the back door without the number stampings ?

Offline Tom Swope

• Accurate Exhaust Products LTD
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2013 - 07:42:31 PM »
We took some more pictures a few minutes ago to clarify that these are really the resonators that we have available from the manufacturer.
Was it 100 sets ( 200 count ) or 100 single units you want to order? If you order 200 units I will pay the freight to anywhere in the states.
We take money orders or credit card. Just let me know how you want to work this out and we'll get working on it.
Thanks for the order!

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2013 - 08:17:03 PM »
Wow...that would be $15,800 worth of mufflers Dave. :22yikes: Least you get free shipping :dunno: