Author Topic: my worst fear  (Read 75482 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: my worst fear
« Reply #435 on: July 27, 2013 - 10:35:44 PM »
I couldn't read that without crying.   I then read it allowed to my family.  You haven't overstepped your boundary's one bit! This site is about the people more than the cars. The cars are just common ground! Something that just brought us all together.
Thank you for including us in all this. It is our privilege to be a small part of your "family" and we are here to back you up anyway we can!  The coming week/months I'd imagine are going to be really tough for you and the wife and family. Vent here or PM if you need/want to talk!
God Bless you Darrin, Owen and family! :angelwings:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013 - 10:54:57 PM by brads70 »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #436 on: July 27, 2013 - 11:18:54 PM »
I couldn't read that without crying.   I then read it allowed to my family.  You haven't overstepped your boundary's one bit! This site is about the people more than the cars. The cars are just common ground! Something that just brought us all together.
Thank you for including us in all this. It is our privilege to be a small part of your "family" and we are here to back you up anyway we can!  The coming week/months I'd imagine are going to be really tough for you and the wife and family. Vent here or PM if you need/want to talk!
God Bless you Darrin, Owen and family! :angelwings:

I think Brad's summed it up quite well. X2!  :angelwings: 
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #437 on: July 27, 2013 - 11:36:18 PM »
  :iagree: x3 
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline Haddixj

« Reply #438 on: July 28, 2013 - 02:42:42 AM »
I havent been able to post just because I have no idea what to say, but I can say that this has made me a more patient and involved father. Never again will I tell my kids to wait or put my stuff infront of them. In the end family is all that matters and I know this thread has changed me and many more people. I am very sorry for your loss
Jason

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2013 - 01:05:43 PM »
 :iagree: x4
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline VTMopar

• '70 Challenger Convertible, '74 Challenger Rallye,
« Reply #440 on: July 29, 2013 - 09:29:00 PM »
My heartfelt condolences to you and your wife.   At times like this, words seem so small and meaningless...... I buried my wife of 40 plus years a short while ago, but your loss is more than anyone should bear; no parent should have to attend their child's funeral.    My prayers are with you.   

Peace,

Doug
VT Mopar
VT MOPAR

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #441 on: July 29, 2013 - 10:07:58 PM »
 :angelwings:
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #442 on: July 30, 2013 - 12:45:47 AM »
Darren in loving memory of Owen a close friend of ours makes memory bears.
She makes the outer parts from a deceased love ones clothing.
If you are interested I can put you in contact with her.
What better way to remember and treasure the life of Owen.
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #443 on: July 30, 2013 - 08:33:52 AM »
I'll let my wife know...thanks!

Offline Barracudadan

« Reply #444 on: July 30, 2013 - 09:55:46 AM »
I am so sorry to read this Burdar. I haven't checked in on this thread lately. I think I avoided this thread to deny myself the truth of what you and your family are going through. Words simply cannot express how badly I feel for you and your family! What a beautiful picture of Owen thank you for sharing! Lots of love and prayers to you and yours during this difficult time!

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #445 on: July 30, 2013 - 11:17:06 AM »
Ahrrrggg...!  You made me cry again.

Seriously, my youngest daughter was born with CP and to hear the diagnosis was hard, even though I knew.   Thoughts flood through at that moment and after as caring for her is a constant struggle.

When I saw the picture of your boy, the same thoughts went through my head.  You can tell that Owen was a good boy and innocent.  You say to yourself that what happened is unfair to a little kid and then you also ask yourself why did this happen to me and my family.  The truth is that it just happens sometimes.  Most importantly, you also realize that you loved him, showed him that, and took care of him the best that you could.  There are other "parents" out there that might not of.  Owen was lucky to have parents and a family that cared and I am absolutely sure he new it.  You can just tell how good and happy is was from his pictures.   <-- That is the truth as I see it from miles away.

In my opinion you didn't overstep the bounds.   This board is a community and one of the only ones where people seem to really get involved while acting human.   In many ways it is not unlike having your buddies over to work on cars.  As buddies you end up talking about life as well.  Before you know it, you know a lot about each others lives and can't help but to be involved from time to time.

Thoughts are with you!

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #446 on: July 30, 2013 - 09:14:35 PM »
My condolences to you and your family. Support and love is what your family needs right now, but be assured that i believe you will see your son again, through Gods great plan of happiness.

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #447 on: July 31, 2013 - 01:45:37 AM »
My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. Once again my wife has found me crying over this thread, I have followed it and told her about Owen on more than a few occasions. As Brad said you have certainly not crossed any line. We all share many common grounds, that's why we are here. Stay strong and know that Owen has touched many, many hearts and will not be forgotten.  :angelwings:
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline bandt

« Reply #448 on: July 31, 2013 - 12:54:59 PM »
Having two young daughters of my own I can't imagine how hard this must be. I am so sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences to your family from mine.

Brian

Offline mvvette97

« Reply #449 on: July 31, 2013 - 01:32:02 PM »
Darren This is your cousin Marc. I have been following everything on caringbridge about Owen. Looks like you have yourself a great bunch of people here. I wanna say I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels man. If you remember I lost my son Travis in 2001 and I know how hard it is to deal with. It's something you will never get over but it will get better over time. Please try to not let this take your life over like it did to me. I ended up with bad depression and heavy drinking over my son's passing that led to Melissa and I have bad problems at home. As you may of heard we are no longer together. So if you have anything on your mind please talk about it with your wife of a good friend. I didn't do that. Don't want ya to end up like me Darren. Not sure what else to say man but I know how you guys feel.  I'm so sorry man. If ya want to talk about anything just let me know and I will help ya out whatever way I can.