Author Topic: my worst fear  (Read 75533 times)

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
Re: my worst fear
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2013 - 11:03:11 PM »
Just wanna pay it forward  :wave:

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2013 - 11:07:54 PM »
maybe a trip to the "mart" is in order? Got a plan?
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2013 - 11:29:13 PM »
 :iagree: Count me in too!

What kid (or adult even) wouldn't want a little something to show up at his/her doorstep!

Besides, it gives me an excuse to look at toys.   :bigsmile:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

• Resident
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2013 - 11:29:45 PM »
Well,  I have a huge box of Mopar hot wheels I have been collecting for yearsThey are under Shelby's bed collecting dust. I know when I was in the hospital from the cuda accident one of the things that cheered me up was the gift cart lady.Wheb she brought in flowers, stuffed animals, balloons etc. It just cheered me up to know my friends where thinking of me ,, even if they couldn't get into see me.  So I am hoping to be able to send out packages of hot wheels to Owen as needed to cheer him up. I have plenty and maybe it will help him to know his Daddy's car buddy' are praying for him .

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2013 - 05:33:09 AM »
So far things are going well.  He is almost half way through the radiation treatments and is feeling fine.  Grandma and grandpa flew in tonight for his birthday.  He'll have a good time with them this weekend.

Thanks for the update. There is a group of us here at my Church that are praying for Owen and your family on a weekly basis. He sure is a cute little guy, give him a hug for us all! :wave:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2013 - 08:25:05 AM »
Hoping for Owen's full recovery and all of your  families well being.   :wave:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2013 - 09:57:29 AM »
Well,  I have a huge box of Mopar hot wheels I have been collecting for yearsThey are under Shelby's bed collecting dust. I know when I was in the hospital from the cuda accident one of the things that cheered me up was the gift cart lady.Wheb she brought in flowers, stuffed animals, balloons etc. It just cheered me up to know my friends where thinking of me ,, even if they couldn't get into see me.  So I am hoping to be able to send out packages of hot wheels to Owen as needed to cheer him up. I have plenty and maybe it will help him to know his Daddy's car buddy' are praying for him .

If thats your plan, how can I help?   :clueless:  And Phil is an expert in this area you know.  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2013 - 10:20:57 AM »
 :bigsmile: You know me too well, Chris...
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2013 - 10:36:35 AM »
Just found this thread, not sure how I missed it. I'm praying for your son and your family. Our son had a severe stroke three years ago as a result if a serious accident. His recovery exceeded all expectations. Hopefully Owen's will too, believe in it.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2013 - 10:47:22 AM »
Just saw this thread too. Hope young Owen will be well soon!
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline diyhemi.com

• Formerly Yellowfin
    • DIYHEMI.COM
my worst fear
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2013 - 11:03:28 AM »
Like so many others, I just found this tread. I am so saddened by this news and am praying for your family.

I also believe I can add a glimmer of hope into this situation. I have been in the situation before and have experienced it first hand. Not from a parenting perspective, but from Owen's point of view.

In 1992 I was just 8 years old and diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer of the spine. I was admitted as a patient at st. Jude's children's hospital in Memphis, TN. It was a 3 year battle with countless surgeries, chemo treatments and radiation sessions. I had so much radiation that my skin had severe burns all over the treatment area. I couldn't even wear clothes or even have sheets covering me in bed because the slightest contact was unbearable.

We were told all of the same things you have been told. "Stunted growth, slow mental development, poor social skills, long term health issues, yadda yadda." My parents were continuously told these things and feared the outcome. I had to learn how to walk 3 times over again from being so bedridden and my muscles atrifying.

So here is what actually happened to me, the tail end of this story, 20 years later.

When I returned to school in the 4th grade, I knocked out a 4.0 gpa and made the honor roll every period. I had friends, "girlfriends" and close relationships with many people. It was hard making it through the teenage years for sure, because of all the scars and insecurities that come along in those years, but I pushed on.

In high school I took all honors classes and earned college credit, I also joined the ROTC and was the leader of my platoon.

I went to college and worked full time as a mechanic and waiter to pay my tuition. I graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering and now work for a large chemical company.

I also married my college sweetheart and have a great life full of family, love and eBodys lol.

This was all possible through prayer and love. I am positive.

The reason I love Barracudas? Late at night, in my hospital bed, my mom would preoccupy my time with stories. They would keep my mind of the pain and hardships. Most of these stories centered around adventures she had in her 1974 Barracuda. I was a car nut even at that age and it worked.

Moral of the story, pray for him, talk with him, comfort him and treat him as though he is completely healthy. Your love and confidence will conquer all.

God bless.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013 - 05:38:44 PM by YellowFin »
1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe, gen III project (Cone Killing Cuda)

• Resident
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2013 - 11:22:01 AM »
If thats your plan, how can I help?   :clueless:  And Phil is an expert in this area you know.  :grinyes:
Bigs, I am sure we can all sent Owen little packages, hot wheels, cards, etc.  I am pretty sure I have a couple hundred of them still unopened .  I figured I could stop at the post office on the way back from pt. And send a couple a week.

Offline sadil340

« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2013 - 12:47:15 PM »
Yellowfin's story is tremendous and certainly helped me feel more hopeful! He also makes a key point about not identifying Owen with his illness. Children with these types of illnesses are frequently identified with the illness. Owen is battling his ailment and he is not his ailment.
1970 Cuda 340 4-speed
3:55 SureGrip
Owned since 1974
Bought from original owner

• Resident
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2013 - 01:00:44 PM »
I  agree. Yellowfin's story is so inspiring and gives so much hope. .  It just goes to show you the power of love and prayer. Thank you so much for sharing your story.     

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2013 - 01:59:23 PM »
Thanks Yellowfin!  :clapping: :angelwings:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0