Author Topic: my worst fear  (Read 75477 times)

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
Re: my worst fear
« Reply #450 on: July 31, 2013 - 01:53:17 PM »
Thanks for that Marc.  Right now it still doesn't feel real. 

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #451 on: July 31, 2013 - 11:21:58 PM »
Darren, I'm so sorry to hear about Owen. I haven't been on here lately and when I had logged on I didn't see any updates about his condition. I just kept hoping for the best.  I dreaded seeing what I know now.   Again. I'm so sorry to hear about Darren.  Although I have sadness and tears, it is nothing compared to what you and your family are going through.

When my son was young, about 3 or 4 years old, there were times when I was faced with the fact that one day we could lose him or I could come home and he wouldn't be around because of his medical condition. 

All we can do is be thankful for the time that we are blessed with our kids and our loved ones.  Any day that goes by is a blessing.  Our hearts are warmed by the loving memories of those who brought happiness to our lives.  Think back to all the wonderful memories of Owen and cherish them forever. 
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #452 on: July 31, 2013 - 11:32:58 PM »
Sorry to hear this news , At least he is in a better place & pain free .
Let us know what You need now , you are still in our prayers .

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline shoooter

« Reply #453 on: August 01, 2013 - 12:38:15 AM »
I logged on today and saw this beautiful little boy on the main page, I saw the mopar shirt and said to my self that's cool, That is going to be my little man when he grows up, then i looked closer and saw that he really looks like my boy. Then I knew it was Owen and my heart sank. I have sat here for a long time trying to think of something to say but nothing can come out right now. Everyone here is here for one another dont forget that. I think everyone will always remember owen and his love and memory will grow through our children as i know i will never forget how fragile life can be. His memory will always be there for me to remind me to love more every day and make them #1 in our lives as tomorrow is a gift.  :angelwings:

Offline moparman82

• MOPAR or No car
  • Resident
  • Livin' the dream
« Reply #454 on: August 01, 2013 - 12:13:46 PM »
Man o man, Burdar, I know there is nothing a stranger can say to you to make you feel the slightest bit better during this hard time.  I saw the car of the month tribute today and I was in tears, my son Logan is 6 months younger than Owen, and this tribute hit real close to home because we almost lost him right around his 2nd b-day.  My wife hassles me because I rarely show emotion in hard times, I feel like I need to be her rock, so needless to say she was a little alarmed when she say me crying staring at my laptop.  Such a cute little guy with a smile on his face.  I still can't look at his picture without the tears coming.  My hear goes out to you and your family, and I pray for strength for you in this time.  Your little mopar lover is in a better place and no longer in pain.  Even tho we have never met I can't help but feel connected.  I don't know what else I can say, except in love his little t-shirt, and as I'm sure many other members before me have said, if there is anything at all we can do to help you, in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.

Scott
Scott in Omaha
Searching for the right 70 Cuda driver
1973 challenger in go-mango, on it's way to a 70 T/A clone SOLD
2015 crew cab Hemi ram SOLD
2019 Ram Laramie
2016 Tahoe LTZ SOLD
1976 Ramcharger 383 4spd SOLD
2016 Audi

24 mopars past and 2 present

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #455 on: August 01, 2013 - 12:27:51 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Owen. it's times like this where words are not enough. It's just knowing you have friends that care about you and your situation. I can only say you and your family will be in my prayers, for healing and comfort. CC.com is a great site and we are here for you. If you need anything just ask.  :angelwings:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline dfark

• Hold on to your lugnuts, time for an overhaul
« Reply #456 on: August 01, 2013 - 05:21:11 PM »
Peace be with you and your family.  God bless you
72 Challenger project
05 Dodge Cummins 3500

Offline dvldwg89

• Semper Fi
« Reply #457 on: August 08, 2013 - 02:25:06 AM »
Sad news indeed. May Owen rest in peace. God bless you and your family.

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2013 - 08:52:40 PM »
I had to catch my breath when the main page came up and I saw Owen's picture and I read the sad news just now.

I am so very sorry for the loss of this beautiful little boy...I have two sons myself and I cannot imagine........

There is a tear in my eye right now for you and your family - but you should take heart a little in knowing that you and yours have a special little guardian angel watching over you from somewhere much better than this place.

If you need anything just ask.

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #459 on: September 18, 2013 - 11:29:46 AM »
My wife and I received this portrait in the mail last week.  Thanks Shelby!  This obviously took a long time to complete.  We have a place all picked out for it as soon as we find a proper frame.

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #460 on: September 18, 2013 - 12:48:37 PM »
WOW! Good for you Shelby.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #461 on: September 18, 2013 - 01:03:09 PM »
That is really nice.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #462 on: September 18, 2013 - 07:47:32 PM »
That is really nice.

:iagree:  Very cool Shelby!  :clapping: :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline spamtank

« Reply #463 on: September 18, 2013 - 08:27:11 PM »
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #464 on: September 18, 2013 - 08:39:51 PM »
Okay Shelby.....thanks for making me cry again, that is a beautiful picture.  :wave:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)