Author Topic: Who's Going to MATS 2013?  (Read 1802 times)

Offline 73EStroker

Who's Going to MATS 2013?
« on: December 16, 2012 - 11:51:09 AM »
For mainly the west and SW people in both US and Canada. Are you or would you consider going to Mopars at the Strip. Please vote. I live in the interior of BC so may have to trailer the car part way through the snow and ice that may still be around but I would sure like to go. Carlisle is optional but takes 4 days of comfortable driving to go each way so that is a nearly 2 week excursion for me.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Who's Going to MATS 2013?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012 - 02:28:42 PM »
I have to say I am unsure at this time.  Have to see what is going on in my life at the time and possibly fly out for the show.  No car . . . .  :dunno:

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012 - 02:31:01 PM »
What do you like or look for in an event?  Here's my thoughts on the big events:

Carlisle is the best bar none.  Size, show, swap and friends can not be beat.

MATS is a good event with lots of racing.  I've heard it's no longer just a Mopar event.

Spring Fling is about the best you'll find on the west coast for swap meet and show, but no racing.

Nationals, I haven't been but hear it's pretty big with good racing.

With that said, I will most likely be at Spring Fling (2 day event).  I love hanging out at the hotel and meeting Mopar people and the swap meet makes it fun to find the stuff I need for my projects.  IF you could only go to one show in your lifetime, go to Carlisle.  If that's not an option......  Looking for racing, go to MATS or Nationals.  Want swap meet and car show, go to Spring Fling.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline 1970A66D21

• Livin in Vegas
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012 - 06:47:28 PM »
Count me in.I live 5 minutes from the track and 3 minutes from the host hotel.been there as a spectator.2013 will be the first as a  participant.If any one is going and needs help finding a hotel or tour guide, Iam available.

As for MATS not being a Mopar only event,the only other makes are newer Mustangs and Camaros for the Pony Car Wars at the drag strip.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012 - 10:03:46 AM by 1970A66D21 »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012 - 09:35:33 AM »
I used to go the Mats every year , it was the closest big show , great racing nice break from winter in theory although the last 2 years I went it was cold there too , It was the best run show , you were busy all day at the track & then the bands & show @ the Cannery in the evening , great time !!
 I am not sure when I will go again , , things have reversed , it is now in the middle of my busy season instead of my dead season , flights to Vegas are reasonable but just the wrong time of year for me now .

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012 - 12:03:04 PM »
I have to say I am unsure at this time.  Have to see what is going on in my life at the time and possibly fly out for the show.  No car . . . .  :dunno:

I've done it that way, its still a great time!  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012 - 10:11:44 PM »
I have went every year but the 1st and always had a great time and yes the weather has been cool the last couple of years. I'm in the midwest and fly out so next year is still up in the air if I will attend or not.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012 - 10:23:07 PM »
So is it true that it is no longer a MOPAR only show?   If that is the case . . . Count me out.  Other shows I would rather spend the money to go to that are closer and I can take a car and be all MOPAR!   :dunno:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012 - 06:44:30 AM »
Painter used to own a Chrysler dealership in Vegas , he was one of the dealers downsized 2 years ago , how that helped Chrysler we all fail to understand by limiting access to the product , since then they have had other race cars there , but it was still an all Mopar show , now they have changed to Moparty with predominantly Mopars but allow other makes to make the show bigger & cover costs better , still worth going to with all the bands at night etc .

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t