Avatar selection? (Install instructions on page 2)

Author Topic: Avatar selection? (Install instructions on page 2)  (Read 3721 times)

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
Avatar selection? (Install instructions on page 2)
« on: March 05, 2005 - 07:26:45 PM »
I don't know about some of you guys, but to me...there's some mighty huge avatars around here! :eekbig:

Some large avatars are all fine & dandy. On other sites, my avatar is larger than it is here, but this site it will only let the avatar pic be so wide. When a member uses a large picture, the site more or less chops off whatever is left hanging out (unless you croll underneath the pic)...very disconcerting. :eeksmall:

I don't mean to be picking on anyone in particular, so I did a quick grab of a few from a couple threads & adjusted some of those.
You're welcome to use one if you like;

Hemi71's is smaller than some, but the site cut's off enough so all you can see without scrolling is "HEMI 7" on his plate, the rest of the pic is cut off...so I made a smaller one that sould fit with no problem.

Cuda Girl's is MASSIVE! :laughing: All you can see without scrolling is grass & trees, no car! I made one that fits & shows a car, instead of foilage.

72Chall77Doba's is massive too...but at least you can see a rear wheel on the Chally & front wheel on the 'Doba. ;D
This one didn't work as well, for some reason I can't resize it withought making it all pixelated.

Top Cat Cuda's is a cool one, but unless you scroll, all you can see is the front fender...unfortunately, my small one is too small to see the Top Cat very well. :dontknow:

Chryco, yours is a great pic of a wall & door! ;D The bad part, is that it's a dark picture & it doesn't look as clear small, sorry.

Cuda, yours is a nice picture, but my small one looks kinda fuzzy.

A couple things that would make a better pic would be one taken in good lighting & maybe a different angle. Look at some of the smaller av's that look good & see if you can get a pic like that.

Also, Ross has said he would gladly resize the picture of anyone who would like it...the main upside to that is the pic would probably turn out better than my feeble attempts! :grinyes: :grinyes:

Again, I'm not trying to jump anyone's crap, but thought I'd maybe bring up the subject in case some members would like to change their avatars.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005 - 11:37:17 AM by CHARGER_FAN »

'70 Charger 500

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: Avatar sizes...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005 - 07:46:11 PM »
 :iagree: I'm still on dial up so  :iagree:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005 - 08:20:42 PM »
Charger....THANKS!  Looks better now!

:beer:        :beer:       :beer:      :beer:

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005 - 08:41:46 PM »
When i take pics with my digital i use the smallest setting so i dont have to resize later. Not sure how to i guess. Then this gives me the lower quality of pic and the blurry quality.  :nopity: :nopity:

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005 - 12:40:01 PM »
When i take pics with my digital i use the smallest setting so i dont have to resize later. Not sure how to i guess. Then this gives me the lower quality of pic and the blurry quality.  :nopity: :nopity:

I think clearer pics can be had with a better computer program (which I don't have) , but Ross may be able to do it &  make it look good.

I made one of your other pic for you to check out...

You're welcome, Hemi71! It fits quite nicely. ;D

'70 Charger 500

Offline Mopar73340

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005 - 06:24:55 PM »
 :iagree:  I resized mine before posting and I usually try and resize pics I post since I to am using dial up..
73-Challenger 340 727/GearVendors Auto
73-Challenger 408 Pistol-Grip 5-speed

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005 - 09:18:40 PM »
Yeah, i'm sure it can play hell with dialup users. :madvibe:

Here's one for Mopar Matt...

Does anyone else have any input regarding this topic?

'70 Charger 500

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005 - 09:56:28 PM »
Thanks for doing this ChargerFan! 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline rtgambit

• Member since March 31, 2003
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005 - 12:02:26 AM »

Chryco, yours is a great pic of a wall & door! ;D The bad part, is that it's a dark picture & it doesn't look as clear small, sorry.

Again, I'm not trying to jump anyone's crap, but thought I'd maybe bring up the subject in case some members would like to change their avatars.

How's this look?
Matthew
1967 Dodge Dart GT
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2014 Ram 1500

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005 - 10:31:00 AM »
Cool, that one looks much better than mine! :thumbs: You can even see the white letters on the tires!

'70 Charger 500

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2005 - 11:16:05 PM »
Ok, today I'm picking on TwoforNow ;D

Whaddya think?

'70 Charger 500

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
Re: Avatar selection?
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005 - 10:45:01 AM »
  Thanks C_F. That looks great. I asked Ross for a resize yesterday morning but you beat him to it :grinyes: Couple of questions though,

1) How do i apply your resize to my avatar

2) Will it also shrink down what shows up under "user info" at the top of the forum home page after i'm logged in?
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2005 - 11:10:25 AM »
  Thanks C_F. That looks great. I asked Ross for a resize yesterday morning but you beat him to it :grinyes: Couple of questions though,

1) How do i apply your resize to my avatar

2) Will it also shrink down what shows up under "user info" at the top of the forum home page after i'm logged in?

First save the picture he made for you into your computer . . . its a bitmat format.  Delete your current one and then go find the new one and that should do it!  Second question . . . the answer is YES!!  It will be alot smaller when you log on!!

4C
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005 - 04:22:12 PM by 4cruzin »

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2005 - 05:29:28 PM »
You're welcome, Twofornow.
Just do what 4C said & you should be stylin'! :thumbs:

'70 Charger 500

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2005 - 07:11:53 PM »
Thank you. Man i was almost just sooo one step closer to an address on Doghouse Drive ;) ;D
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002