Author Topic: Saturday dinner for Carlisle!!! (And maybe a hotel discussion too...) :)  (Read 6063 times)

Offline Oh10Challenger

Hello everyone!  I hope 2013 is treating you well!  I know Carlisle is a few months away (July 12-14 to be exact) but Jeff and I wanted to get your opinion on a possible restaurant choice for dinner Saturday night.  We have not eaten there but it seems to have some really good reviews and we love the name...Dodge City!  Here is a link to their website.  Check it out and let us know what you think!!! 

http://www.dodgecityrestaurant.com/DodgeCityRestaurant.php
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013 - 10:04:08 AM by ViperMan »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Saturday dinner for Carlisle!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013 - 03:01:01 PM »
Ashley,

It's hard to get an idea of how big the place is from the pictures. It would be nice to get a place that doesn't have the sports bar/night club mentality, so you can actually hear people talk.  Can they book a 20 -30 people group?

Maybe it best to choose a club Hotel and look around it what's available...Or are we going with the Hotel we had last year that gave me an airconditionless room in the 100* heat?    :lol:

So I'm no help as usual..    :grinno:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013 - 03:46:44 PM by MEK-Dangerfield »

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013 - 04:23:19 PM »
I just watched Restaurant impossible and Dodge City restaurant was their spotlight for the week. If the really did improve
after their update then that would work. If not.  :banghead:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline Oh10Challenger

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013 - 05:57:21 PM »
Mike, I agree it's hard to get an idea of the size of the restaurant.  The website says they have a private room which I would see if we could reserve.  I would definitely make sure we would all be able to fit and be able to talk to each other. 

Andy, I saw that episode too!  I actually saw it once before Carlisle last year and wanted to check it out but never got there.  The guestbook on their website has many reviews (as recent as 1-11-13) and they seem to be very good!  I would like to get over and see for myself but not sure when.

Thanks for your input!  Keep it coming!  If the menu looks good to everyone then I will contact them about the private room and how many people it can seat.  As far as the hotel is concerned, I believe Jeff will be working on that.  I promise Mike that you'll have air conditioning! 

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013 - 05:04:29 PM »
Hey Guys,

I haven't really gotten to work on the hotel thing this year...  New kid and all!!

I was actually wondering if anyone would like to try and call around about a hotel.  It's been SUCH a headache the past few years since we gave up on the "usual" place that kinda went down the dumps lately.

Hotels are either really expensive with few "amenities" (like breakfast,) or they're cheap...  ...in both price and quality.  So it's just been a lose-lose situation...

I'm going to try to call one place tomorrow - one that's always gotten good reviews but I've always been too late with.  If it doesn't pan out, I'll see if someone else here can maybe take the charge for this year.

We're going to be there this year, I just dunno that we're going to be able to get as involved as usual.  2012 hasn't been too good to us, and 2013 isn't looking much better.  :walkaway:
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013 - 05:22:55 PM »
Jeff,

You got to wonder if they didn't upgrade the Quality Inn we used to stay at by now. I heard from some member that they did, but I haven't verified it. That sure was a nice and secluded spot, yet easy access to the Turnpike.

It's called the Discomfort Inn now....

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_cumberland-pennsylvania-PA337?sarea=416876&sname=New+Cumberland%2C+PA%2C+US&sstate=PA&scountry=US&sradius=80.00&slat=40.22922&slon=-76.86869&schain=Q&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&dateFormat=mm/dd/yy&arrivalDate=07/12/13&departureDate=07/14/13&srp=RACK&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=&nchild2=&nadult3=&nchild3=&nadult4=&nchild4=&nadult5=&nchild5=&sstate_country=&listpos=15   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013 - 05:31:56 PM by MEK-Dangerfield »

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013 - 10:50:44 PM »
Jeff,

You got to wonder if they didn't upgrade the Quality Inn we used to stay at by now. I heard from some member that they did, but I haven't verified it. That sure was a nice and secluded spot, yet easy access to the Turnpike.

It's called the Discomfort Inn now....

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-new_cumberland-pennsylvania-PA337?sarea=416876&sname=New+Cumberland%2C+PA%2C+US&sstate=PA&scountry=US&sradius=80.00&slat=40.22922&slon=-76.86869&schain=Q&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=n&dateFormat=mm/dd/yy&arrivalDate=07/12/13&departureDate=07/14/13&srp=RACK&nroom=1&nadult1=1&nchild1=0&nadult2=&nchild2=&nadult3=&nchild3=&nadult4=&nchild4=&nadult5=&nchild5=&sstate_country=&listpos=15   

Question is do we want to chance it?  The last year we were there, that back-lot was blocked off and we couldn't even park there...  It was kinduva disaster that year...

Online 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013 - 11:46:46 AM »
Did I see correct and the rates are $140 a night?   :eek4:  For being located so far from the show . . . I would think the rates would be way cheaper than that for the location . . . . renovation or not?   :dunno: 

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013 - 01:24:29 PM »
We just called the Ramada Limited - this hotel had always been recommended, but people book them in August for the FOLLOWING year's show, so there is never a block available. (the manager only allows three blocks per weekend.)

They HAVE 12-15 rooms available, but we can't reserve a block for the club.  So everyone would have to call and reserve ASAP.  Rate is $129, and they have a breakfast, pool, hot tub, etc.  We've always heard good stuff about them - Treefrog stayed there two years ago, though I thought the rate was cheaper then...

Online 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013 - 01:26:40 AM »
We just called the Ramada Limited - this hotel had always been recommended, but people book them in August for the FOLLOWING year's show, so there is never a block available. (the manager only allows three blocks per weekend.)

They HAVE 12-15 rooms available, but we can't reserve a block for the club.  So everyone would have to call and reserve ASAP.  Rate is $129, and they have a breakfast, pool, hot tub, etc.  We've always heard good stuff about them - Treefrog stayed there two years ago, though I thought the rate was cheaper then...

Link?    Phone number?   What kind of moderator are you?   

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013 - 08:46:02 AM »

If that's the best we can do then I'm all for it. Why wait and lose out on anything decent.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
Re: Saturday dinner for Carlisle!!! (And maybe a hotel discussion too...) :)
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013 - 10:05:25 AM »
BTW All, I got yelled at last night for steamrolling my wife's dinner discussion into a hotel discussion.  :)  I did modify the topic just to cover all the bases.

Luckily I'm getting used to sleeping on the couch anyways these days...   :smilielol:

Online 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Saturday dinner for Carlisle!!! (And maybe a hotel discussion too...) :)
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013 - 10:29:55 AM »
BTW All, I got yelled at last night for steamrolling my wife's dinner discussion into a hotel discussion.  :)  I did modify the topic just to cover all the bases.

Luckily I'm getting used to sleeping on the couch anyways these days...   :smilielol:

I bet you did . . . lol   Need to keep him on a short chain Ashley!   Hope you have a comfortable dog house!  Their may be some members here that can share as I know a few of them had some a few years ago.  Maybe a short term lease would be a good option! 

:bigsmile:

Online 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013 - 10:31:41 AM »

I booked online last night after reading this and if you stay 3 nights, the rate drops to $119.00.  If you have a military or government ID, it is $86 dollars a night . . . anyone good at making IDs?