Author Topic: AMD bumpers??  (Read 5542 times)

Offline rebelcuda73

AMD bumpers??
« on: January 21, 2013 - 07:36:21 PM »
I just bought a front  bumper for a 72 cuda from Classic Industries the box said AMD. When I opened the box the bumper had grind marks which seemed to be chromed over and all kinds of lines and marks in the chrome. The bumper looked like crap. I am able to send the bumper back to classic industries which I will have to pay for the shipping and hope they will reinburse. Now I am afraid that if they send me another one that it will have issues to ,cause it doesn't seem that they check them before they are sent out. Has anyone else had issues with buying bumpers this way? Or is the there a better vendor to buy bumpers from?? I bought my rear bumper from a guy at Don Garletts show payed 70.00 for it and it may not be perfect but it was alot better quality than the front one I bought and alot cheaper. I wish the guy had the fronts also but wasn't that lucky!! Thanks for any help you can give!

Offline Barracudadan

Re: AMD bumpers??
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013 - 08:31:14 PM »
Check with Dave at Roseville I believe he uses a different (better) vendor. I plan to buy from him when I`m ready.

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013 - 08:45:49 PM »
Was it the original box? Seems like AMD's quality was better than that. I agree, call Dave if Classic
won't take care of you. Our SPONSORS do a good job of taking care of us here.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013 - 10:14:52 PM »
I've used AMD bumpers on 2 or 3 cars and found they were terrible. I switched to these ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-71-Cuda-Barracuda-AAR-Front-Bumper-NEW-USA-Plated-/330763718829?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACuda&vxp=mtr&hash=item4d030dd0ad which are plated in the States. I've bought about 4 sets now both Cuda and Challenger and thought they were fantastic.
I've also had great dealings with Tamraz's Parts on EBay.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline rebelcuda73

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013 - 10:38:51 PM »
Thanks I've seen their add before but did'nt know anything about them. I will have to see what Classic is planning on doing about the bumper I'm not dealing with this issue again!

Offline Fern

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013 - 07:28:59 AM »
I got a keystone front bumper from year one and it had a great finish.
Year one has a great return policy, where you dont pay any return shipping.
I also got a rear bumper from them and it came as AMD and I had to return it because thr finish was terrible.

Offline rhamson

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013 - 09:14:22 AM »
I just bought a front  bumper for a 72 cuda from Classic Industries the box said AMD. When I opened the box the bumper had grind marks which seemed to be chromed over and all kinds of lines and marks in the chrome. The bumper looked like crap. I am able to send the bumper back to classic industries which I will have to pay for the shipping and hope they will reinburse. Now I am afraid that if they send me another one that it will have issues to ,cause it doesn't seem that they check them before they are sent out. Has anyone else had issues with buying bumpers this way? Or is the there a better vendor to buy bumpers from?? I bought my rear bumper from a guy at Don Garletts show payed 70.00 for it and it may not be perfect but it was alot better quality than the front one I bought and alot cheaper. I wish the guy had the fronts also but wasn't that lucky!! Thanks for any help you can give!
I bought a few parts at Carlisle last year from Stephen's. There were two sets of bumpers for sale. One set from AMD was like you said full of scratches and less that adequate chrome. There was another set next to them that cost more (I can't remember) but I asked the guy why the difference. He said they came from a different manufacturer and were their show quality set.

Offline tman

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013 - 10:32:54 AM »
MoparDave needs to see this post!

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013 - 11:00:51 AM »

Yeah I remember him talking about going through a bunch of them to find one good bumper. I was going to PM him as I am in need of a nice rear bumper, but I need to make a list of parts I need and I'll wait to see if he pops in here first.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013 - 11:24:30 AM »
  I got the bumpers for my cuda thru Dave.  I believe they were from Keystone. The fit and finish were very nice. 

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013 - 11:13:44 PM »
I got a front from Dave a while back and it is gorgeous.  Appears to be a repop. But really nice. GREAT chrome.

The, last summer I tried getting a rear from Dave and he said he couldnt get me one from the better vendor.

I ended up trading my scrappy old front to Tri City at Carlisle and its real nice.   replated original....marks etc on the BACK side but who cares.    Front is really nice.  Seems to me like one of the bend lines in it is off, like it was bent and repaired......but only visible to me from certain appraoches and every one I ever asked about it couldnt see anything so it could be me.  LOL

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013 - 02:17:34 PM »
I've used AMD bumpers on 2 or 3 cars and found they were terrible. I switched to these ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-71-Cuda-Barracuda-AAR-Front-Bumper-NEW-USA-Plated-/330763718829?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACuda&vxp=mtr&hash=item4d030dd0ad which are plated in the States. I've bought about 4 sets now both Cuda and Challenger and thought they were fantastic.
I've also had great dealings with Tamraz's Parts on EBay.

$90 more if you buy a pair.  :screwy:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013 - 02:26:02 PM »
 :popcorn:

Following along, Need a front bumper in the future

Offline mrbill426

• All Around Mopars
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013 - 02:37:55 PM »
Wonder if he has yet?

MOPAR or NO car!

'72 'Cuda 340, white on white
'72 Sebring; bracket project
'64 Imperial Crown black on black
'66 Imperial Crown; parts car

Offline Moparparts

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013 - 11:13:51 PM »
I have an excellent correct original 70 Cuda front chrome bumper for a core to be rechromed. It is not bent or dented , has no rust or pitting on the front or the back and also have 1 excellent rear bumper for a 70-72 Cuda basically same condition if you decide to go that route PM me if interested