Author Topic: Need help from convertible owners.  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Jesus H Chrysler

Need help from convertible owners.
« on: March 17, 2013 - 11:44:49 AM »
I need a couple measurements from a generous convertible owner who happens to have their rear interior panels out.  I'm pretty sure the people who hacked my car together didn't get things right on the money and the one that has my attention right now is the rear window regulator/crank location.  I noticed on the plastic interior panels someone had to notch them in front of the factory holes because the regulator shaft didn't line up when the interior panel was installed.  I'm hoping someone could do me the favor of taking a few measurements for me so I can see how far off I am so I can fix it.  Here's what I need measurements of:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Yes I own a 1972 Dodge Challenger Convertible T/A S/E with a 440 Six Pak. Can it get any more wrong?

{OO /===\ OO}
(OO==> <==OO)

Greg, in the middle of MA has:
1970 Dodge Coronet 440 "Zom Bee"
1972 Dodge Challenger convertible 440 5 speed.
1973 Dodge Challenger 318 "Brown Bomber"
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Blackberry Pearl.
2001 Jeep Wrangler locked, lifted and lighted.  "Jeep is a registered trademark of Chrysler Corporation"

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
Re: Need help from convertible owners.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013 - 04:08:00 PM »
Greg............I do not believe you need a convertible for these measurements, do you?
Correct me if I am wrong  :dunno:

I just went downstairs and took a quick pic from my Chally and they look identical......(plus, or minus how much the previous work was off on yours).
I can go back down and take a few measurements if you'd like just to see?

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline Jesus H Chrysler

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013 - 09:01:53 PM »
Jeff, thanks for the pic.  Unfortunately I need the actual measurements from the edge to the center of each hole.  Hard tops might be the same but I'm not sure.  Convertible quarter windows are different and the sheet metal that holds the window felt is smaller etc.  If I'm lucky the actual regulator goes in the same spot and they just hacked it in too close to the door.  If it's not too much of a bother could you take measurements for the dimensions A,B,C and D for me so I can compare what I have?  Thanks!
Yes I own a 1972 Dodge Challenger Convertible T/A S/E with a 440 Six Pak. Can it get any more wrong?

{OO /===\ OO}
(OO==> <==OO)

Greg, in the middle of MA has:
1970 Dodge Coronet 440 "Zom Bee"
1972 Dodge Challenger convertible 440 5 speed.
1973 Dodge Challenger 318 "Brown Bomber"
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Blackberry Pearl.
2001 Jeep Wrangler locked, lifted and lighted.  "Jeep is a registered trademark of Chrysler Corporation"

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013 - 09:06:34 PM »
I know it's a cuda, but I'd go out and get those numbers for you right now if you want them from a "Cuda".

Let me know.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013 - 09:27:28 PM »
Jeff, thanks for the pic.  Unfortunately I need the actual measurements from the edge to the center of each hole.  Hard tops might be the same but I'm not sure.  Convertible quarter windows are different and the sheet metal that holds the window felt is smaller etc.  If I'm lucky the actual regulator goes in the same spot and they just hacked it in too close to the door.  If it's not too much of a bother could you take measurements for the dimensions A,B,C and D for me so I can compare what I have?  Thanks!

Will do.
I'll be right back..................

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013 - 09:54:03 PM »
Ok, here's the measurements........

Jeff     

1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013 - 11:31:25 PM »
Just for the record, my 71 barracuda hard top deputy window measures within an 1/8 of each of those numbers.
So they should be the same across the board.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline crocha617

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013 - 08:18:20 AM »
JHC I have a barracuda vert apart in my garage in Foxborough if you ever want to come by and check anything in person.