Author Topic: DANG THIEFS  (Read 7224 times)

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
Re: DANG THIEFS
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013 - 08:48:12 PM »
Leave a gas jug with half gas and half water sitting near the car.  Guarantee they will take that too.  Then they'll get to walk home, and they won't know why.
good one  :2thumbs:  I bought her a locking gas cap that day. Mine has one from factory. Freaking jerks.

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
Re: DNAG THIEFS
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013 - 09:52:29 PM »

this brings back memories of my buddy years and years ago where he had his system stolen out of his full size bronco.when he installed his new unit in the dash he epoxy razor blades to the bottom of the stereo so when the P.O.S TRIED TO steal the next one,WELL YOU KNOW THE REST.

Sure enuff, a week or so later he comes out to his truck and blood all over his floor and seats,needless to say stereo didn't get ripped off.like you say,now a days he would of had a law suit out after him.  :pullinghair:

Sorry to hear your experience. Its probably happened to all of us at one time or another. Certainly to me.
When we were in college, my best friend had his battery stolen out of his ford falcon twice. He glued razor blades to the bottom edges of a new battery, and sure enough he also found blood all over....but they also destroyed his car. Smashed several windows and kicked dents everywhere.
Yes. Scumbags every one of them.

As for the water in the gas idea, whatever you do make sure its sabotage they cant tie back to you. I think that one might work since it would be hard for most mechanics to diagnose. Maybe?
Time for remote security cameras.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013 - 09:57:23 PM by tommyg29 »
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013 - 09:00:29 AM »

Time for remote security cameras.

I was thinking the same thing too. 

You had mentioned that the car was parked in front of your bay window?  Can you hook up a video camera aimed at your car?  It seems like your cars have been targeted 4 times, they might come back if you leave them some bait...  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013 - 10:46:30 AM »
I was thinking the same thing too. 

You had mentioned that the car was parked in front of your bay window?  Can you hook up a video camera aimed at your car?  It seems like your cars have been targeted 4 times, they might come back if you leave them some bait...  :dunno:

:thinkerg: NOW you got me thinking phil...................  :naughty:  :bigshades:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013 - 11:28:57 AM »
Dave, That really bites. I really dislike thieves. A couple months ago Shelby kept telling me she was getting terrible gas mileage. I had Rod tune her car up. She said it was still sucking fuel. I was with her when she got gas. Went down the next morning to go to the store. She says look , I told you I was getting terrible gas mileage. It was 1/4  tank lower from the nite before. So I hop out , flip her gas lid. And , marks from the hose. Someone had been stealing her gas for months.  :banghead:

:wave: Jackie,that stinks.we gotta catch these p.o.s in the act.4th time iv'e been hit in 10-12 yrs and it's getting old.like phil {super blue} said it may be time to SET them up and catch them in the act  :thinkerg:

glad you got shelby's problem taken care of with that locking gas cap.

my problem now is do i buy an aftermarket stereo and hard wire it in or try to find one i had in there?

if aftermarket i'll have to hard wire it and that sounds like a P.I.T.A.

GOD I HATE THESE P.O.S THAT DID THIS......... i still have to deal with my shifter and anti theft problem i have now that they messed the system up by slaming my shifter all the way back.  :swear:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013 - 12:29:10 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this. I have no sympathy for theives.  :stomp: Once you've been robbed, you feel violated. I've had my share of vehicles vandalized. I once had my entire upper engine stolen out of my Barracuda in broad daylight!  :swear:. Thieves don't care. I know of people that have set up some very dangerous and potentially lethal bobby traps. I am not a lawyer, but know it can be a felony in some states. I would prefer to give them a good arse whoopin', but that isn't likely to happen. What is sad is situations like yours; when a stereo head unit usually isn't much money and the damage usually is much more than the actual cost of the unit. Many years ago (1970's) I had a $15 dollar FM converter stolen from my Barracuda. The entire dash was ripped to get out a $15 dollar piece of electronics that probably wouldn't fetch $5 bucks on the street. I hope you can catch them. As much as I hate the thought of doing this, there is logic to this reasoning; my buddy had an older car and always deliberately left it unlocked. His reasoning was theives would do more damage trying to get into the vehicle than if they just opened the door and stole a cheap stereo. It worked, as he had found the glove box opened before and papers strewn, but no damage or anything stolen!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013 - 08:26:17 PM »
Just thinking as far as bait.  It needs to be visible to attract thieves.  Any car will have a radio.  What's eaiser to steal is a GPS or an iPod.

Of course you don't want to leave one in there BUT almost anything that has a WHITE charging cord maybe associated with an iPod, iPhone......so get a car charger that is white and plug in one end to the cigarette lighter/power source and DO NOT plug in anything but lead it to either under the seat or into a glove box/compartment to GIVE THE ILLUSION THAT THERE IS AN iPOD/iPhone left in the car....

I thought of this because when I was younger a friend had a pull out radio and off course the one time he put it under the seat it got stolen because the thieves assumed there was something under the seat of the pull out radio wasn't there.

But beware, as Matt B. alluded to anyone getting in to your car could cause damage...  :2cents:

Or you can just let the pit bull sleep in the car....  :bigsmile:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013 - 09:19:58 PM »
I talked to a friend of mine. He is gonna bring over his camera he uses at his deer stand. It is motion activated. :2thumbs:  weird too, Our cars are parked right in front of our house. And there are plenty of street lights. They must be doing it very late at nite.  We do not live in a bad area , either.  :dunno:   I guess there are thieves everywhere .   Maybe , leave a really hungry snake in the car .  :roflsmiley:   
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013 - 01:00:06 AM by DoNotChallengeHer »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013 - 09:23:22 PM »
I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet...just to add some levity to the situation.  I'd still be pissed too though...

Trunk monkey (2) - Deals with a car thief.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013 - 11:56:04 AM »
 :roflsmiley: :smilielol: :roflsmiley: :smilielol:
Matt

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2013 - 05:03:53 PM »
 :lol: Seen it a few times but it never gets old!  :2thumbs:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013 - 11:21:40 AM »
 :pullinghair: WELL i jump in my car this morning go to start it and DEAD BATTERY......  :pullinghair:
with the anti lock messed up and my key stuck in the ignition mt key chime keeps going of until the door is fully shut,i must have not shut it all the way yesterday so the chime must have been going off all night and drained the battery.had to call a buddy to come over and give it a jump,20 minuets late for work......

what a way to start off my week......................  :pullinghair:
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline 06Daytona

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013 - 03:49:01 PM »
I hate little thieving bastards. I forgot to lock my truck last night and this morning my satellite radio was gone. It happened at 2:15 in the morning and I got the guy on 3 security cameras going in the passenger door of my truck. Same little bastard went into my neighbors daughters car and took a radio and a pair of flip flops :clueless: . She's the daughter of a cop, so the neighborhood looked like an episode of CSI this morning. The cops took prints off my passenger door, and a nice full face pic from my security system. The guy must have been pretty quiet because he didn't set off any of my 5 dogs, or the neighbors dog. I think I might just start staying up all night every once in a while.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013 - 06:19:13 PM »
I hate little thieving bastards. I forgot to lock my truck last night and this morning my satellite radio was gone. It happened at 2:15 in the morning and I got the guy on 3 security cameras going in the passenger door of my truck. Same little bastard went into my neighbors daughters car and took a radio and a pair of flip flops :clueless: . She's the daughter of a cop, so the neighborhood looked like an episode of CSI this morning. The cops took prints off my passenger door, and a nice full face pic from my security system. The guy must have been pretty quiet because he didn't set off any of my 5 dogs, or the neighbors dog. I think I might just start staying up all night every once in a while.

:pullinghair: Sure sux don't it,i feel for you and know how you feel,hopefully that camera shot or finger prints will catch the P.O.S  that did this to you guys.

GOOD LUCK................. Dave...............
71 Challenger 340 a/t

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013 - 08:49:21 PM »

Hope all these guys get caught!  :roflsmiley: