Author Topic: Installation of Rallye louvers/stripes  (Read 622 times)

Offline NCtrueconservative

Installation of Rallye louvers/stripes
« on: April 16, 2013 - 09:50:16 AM »
Howdy yall! Looking for info on installing those rallye louvers and stripes on my 73. I have the louvers and stripes ready to go.  Are there any measurements (how far down from the body line, etc) and I tell ya what really would be nice is a template of the holes you need to drill to attach the louvers if there is such a thing. Also, any tips or tricks for stripe installation? Thanks in advance!
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye (pictured), 340, Slap Stick

1998 Dodge Ram, 5.2, Black, tinted windows, dual exhaust, blackout headlights, tailights

Offline erat340

Re: Installation of Rallye louvers/stripes
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013 - 12:37:31 PM »
Still have factory stripes on mine. 2-1/4" down from character line. Mine slope down 1/4" on R door, slightly up on L door. Yeah, we were all high back in Detroit building these things.

Offline NCtrueconservative

Re: Installation of Rallye louvers/stripes
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013 - 12:56:32 PM »
haha "back in the good ole days"...I wanna try to get mine as level as possible though  :) Again, measurements from someone who has done it, tricks and tips to installing the stripes and the louvers would be helpful. I need to get these things on to break up all that red!  :biggrin:
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye (pictured), 340, Slap Stick

1998 Dodge Ram, 5.2, Black, tinted windows, dual exhaust, blackout headlights, tailights