Author Topic: 1974 Challenger Build  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Powerram

• S T O P = Spin Tires On Pavement
1974 Challenger Build
« on: April 17, 2013 - 05:02:07 PM »
Hey everyone. Been a few months since I posted last. I put my 73 challenger on the back burner and am considering selling it. I figured id start from scratch with my build.Also id feel bad about modifying a nice optioned rallye.
 So I have in my possession a white 1974 Challenger. It was originally a 318 car and shows evidence of a half vinyl roof :dunno: . No fender tag and the sheet under the driver seat was destroyed and mostly missing.

I got thecar with No engine/tranny, no hood, lower front valance is missing, all the glass is smashed except pass quarter window, no steering wheel. It was left for dead when the engine and tranny was removed and vandals smashed the glass and forced the trunk lid open and also punched the lock.
Here are a couple of pics
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 - 08:43:13 PM by Powerram »
Don't fry bacon without a shirt on!!

Offline Powerram

Re: 1974 Challenger Resto
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013 - 08:42:28 PM »
So iv had a good weekend, I have more parts for the challenger. Here are the pics of the newly acquired parts. Everything on the hood, including the hood, letters for the hood, trunk lid, front and rear valance with front signals, some mis chrome trim and the rest of the parts to finish putting the dash together, a steering wheel, 1972 rear bumper and brackets attached, and a pwr steering box and a k-frame with all the front susp attached. Hewe are some pics of the new to me parts.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 - 08:46:03 PM by Powerram »

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: 1974 Challenger Build
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013 - 08:53:36 PM »
Whats the story on your car? How you found it, the vandals before, etc.

Was it stolen? Or left for dead?

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Powerram

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013 - 09:31:19 PM »
Whats the story on your car? How you found it, the vandals before, etc.

Was it stolen? Or left for dead?

I bought it from a guy in Calgary that had it sitting in his back yard for the last few years, and the story he told me is that he got it off a reservation that they stopped driving it because their feet were falling through the floor. Then pulled the engine and tranny and left the car for dead in the back 40 on the rez. It sat there and vandals smashed all the windows and pried the closed trunk open/punched the lock. There is no history of the car ever being registered anywhere in Canada, so im not too sure of its origins. Its got a bullet hole through the rear taillight trim right between the brake light and the reverse light on the driver side.

Offline Powerram

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013 - 09:41:27 PM »
Here is a pic of the car when I first got it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 - 09:43:01 PM by Powerram »