Author Topic: What size trailer do you use to haul your ride???  (Read 10033 times)

Offline CudamanTom

• Resident
Re: What size trailer do you use to haul your ride???
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013 - 05:40:58 PM »
I'm looking to get one of these:

Ooooh, I like that!!!  :2thumbs:

How much is something like that goin for?
1971 Cuda Vert 440-833 - (clone)
1971 Cuda 440-727 - (clone)

Because I like it fast!!!

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013 - 07:12:19 PM »
Around here (Seattle area), about $5500.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline CudamanTom

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013 - 09:41:55 PM »
Around here (Seattle area), about $5500.
That's not bad. Very nice setup.  :2thumbs:

Offline CudamanTom

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013 - 10:03:33 PM »
Buy one with a "get out" door or go ahead and buy one with 2 doors on either side and just winch it in?
Thanks
Bryan
Bryan,
I purchased a 28ft enclosed gooseneck back in 2001 (still have it) and it wasn't for a car so to speak. It was for various things to include amusement ride cars (Pretzel ride system). I needed a ramp in the back and access in the front area on both sides for tie downs and storage stuff. I also had diamond plate metal flooring included for traction of foot traffic/traction.
Once I placed my order, I realized I had a trailer made to haul a car (wide enough) but didn't need it for that at that time. I'm using it for storage now.
So the car hauler I just purchased (pictured above) is smaller and easier to deal with "at this time".

If I needed a trailer and I had the funds to have it built and required enclosed, I would order it with diamond plate metal flooring, fold down ramp door (obviously), have E-track system on both side, D-rings in various areas of the floor (rear, middle, front - both sides) and a access walk thru door on "both sides" toward the front (like my enclosed gooseneck trailer). I would also add a winch. I like the access doors on both sides because of tie downs but also for storing items on each side. To me, it just makes it so much easier for various reasons for a little more cost.
I'm looking for my external floppy drive so I can upload some pics of mine. I will do so when I find it.
I hope this helps.

Tom

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2013 - 03:47:37 PM »
The get out door as they call it is on the driverside of the trailer and the door on the passenger side of the trailer is just to go in and out of the trailer.We dont have the get out door we either winch car in or bo duke it out of the window.We have had alot of trailer and my husband will never go back to a open trailer you get  car all cleaned and load it up and then the rain comes or if your at a show for a few days  and a storm comes up back into the safety of the trailer the car goes.But i guess it is all about preference and what you can afford to pay for a trailer.Ours with all the options and 12000 winch and all was 12grand.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)