Jesus I need a beer.

Author Topic: Jesus I need a beer.  (Read 17922 times)

Offline dusty

Re: Jesus I need a beer.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013 - 11:25:16 PM »
Let's see... Ordered some goodies today.

Rear package tray insulation.
Firewall insulation.
Package tray.
Whatever the heck the rear chrome piece is that the key for the trunk goes through.. Ordered the fasteners.
Ordered a few more wheel lip moulding screws.
Fasteners for the door sill plates. (A fancy term for screws).

Got the drivers side mirror on. Was tired of it hanging around in a bag. It's chrome. Forgot how purty it was.
Installed the rear/trunk wiring harness. I'm sticking wid the factory harness on this one because it's good and it's in.

Now... Was looking at the dash and engine harness... man they are fubared....

Probably will order an M&H dash harness a bit later, then the engine harness.

The headliner was skimmed tonight with the first coat of fiberglass and she is curing.

A good day after work. It involved some progress and some worry about the harnesses but the car has to have sound wiring. I'm going M^H until someone tells me that's a bad idea.

Offline dusty

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013 - 01:33:02 AM »
Installed the headliner... forgot that the two mirrors and the rear view mirror held the front up. Used the door sill chrome as props for the back. I repaired the rear window insert this morning and took the fabric off and washed it. It was nasty.

Gonna cut some Luon to replace the wood in the SE finish trim piece tomorrow night.

The headliner is glassed and curing in place.

:bigsmile:

Offline dusty

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013 - 05:49:13 PM »
Went through the overhead consol. Epoxied the back..
Fixed the light lens..

Offline dusty

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013 - 05:56:18 PM »
 :faint:Repaired rear window with original fabric and luon wood just like ma Mopar. Its a little faded but after 40 years so am I.  :money:

Offline dusty

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013 - 12:09:47 AM »
 :feedback:

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2013 - 12:14:16 AM »
lookin good from where I sit.... but maybe it`s time to get a little better camera...  :scared: :bigsmile: :picture: :popcorn:
*** Bart ***

Offline dusty

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2013 - 12:53:54 AM »
lookin good from where I sit.... but maybe it`s time to get a little better camera...  :scared: :bigsmile: :picture: :popcorn:

Yeah I'm not sure why the img.ur images seem to not be framed correctly while the images hosted elsewhere are not all pixialated. They probably do it to reduce traffic. Here is the same shot under better management.

I lifted the liner a good bit as there is a tab in the roof frame section to do so. It may be too much. I'm not sure. It looks tight though. I'm contemplating reinforcing the bond between roof liner and console with some serious stuff. But it's in and I was sweating golf balls worried.

Pretty happy.

The rear window oval is in, but I'm gonna have to recruit dad to help me line up the holes... It will be a lot easier with another person there to feel around.

Tricky.

Offline dusty

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013 - 10:26:11 PM »
Worked on the rear valence today. It's the last piece of sheet metal to have to go through this. I had pondered getting a new rear AMD rear valence but this one is cleaning up well. It was stamped 9-18-69... It's right behind where teh tag goes.

Since I like the stamping so much the valence is going back on the car. :)

I'll add a picture after a beer. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013 - 10:28:44 PM by dusty »

Offline dusty

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013 - 11:55:47 PM »
Where have all these gone? I've read dozens and hundreds of posts going... "take 'em off. They look horrible. Nobody wants them. >50% of the cars came with them.'

But it's okay to take these off, but not paint an engine orange, or put a shaker on and then sell it....

riiiiiiiight.

I like mine tho. Jus' sayin'.  Bow to the mighty side body protection package. lol.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2013 - 12:17:00 AM by dusty »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013 - 05:19:01 AM »
I like the moldings. looks kinda old school.  Just make sure you get your gaps lined up nicely. Especially with the moldings, incorrect gaps will stand out like a sore thumb  :2cents: 
you`re going fast  :clapping: :popcorn: :burnout:
*** Bart ***

Offline dusty

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013 - 11:29:23 PM »
I like the moldings. looks kinda old school.  Just make sure you get your gaps lined up nicely. Especially with the moldings, incorrect gaps will stand out like a sore thumb  :2cents: 
you`re going fast

I'm moving fast in appearances only really. I'm really going slow. I'm trying to test fit everything first. Like the passenger side gets re-shot Monday and Tuesday because a shadow allowed me to fudge an area up....

I'm test fitting and getting the correct fasteners ordered and also getting some things that didn't need to be laying around installed, but mostly going slow, or rather, doing it once, twice, three times until it's passable.

The fasteners for the side inserts have me worried but hopefully a fastener store here in town will have something that passes as a correct fastener for them. I really do like 'em.

I'm a little worried and dejected because of the scope and size of this project tonight. I would sell it, but I'm not a quitter. :)

Offline dusty

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013 - 05:07:57 PM »
So today has been a good day. Slow but good. I've scoured the net for fasteners for the vinyl side inserts and never found anything but a short trip to Cleveland, Tennessee to the fastener store and they had something that werks (mostly).

You don't even want to know how the ones I fabbed up yesterday turned out.. Horrible. I was pretty upset last night, but these new fasteners will work fine.

I'll post a picture and a part number in case anyone else might want to put their ugly strips back on sometime. :) :bigsmile:

Also fiberglassed and saved the metal vapor baseplate.. Don't see buying a new one when the old one works and is in hand and paid for..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013 - 05:10:51 PM by dusty »

Offline dusty

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2013 - 10:51:19 PM »
I put the dash in. Tired of it sitting over --->>> looking lonely. It wanted to be back in its home.. "Let me in... Put me in.. Put me in".

So it's in. (*kinda* not really but more in than it was.... It's happy but lots of work to be done.

Fastners... way cheaper than Year One... but hey they are nice folks there.... just didn't have the ugly strips fasteners listed. You do have to grind a couple down for the end of the moulding at the rear... but that's easy.

So anyway this is how she sits tonight. I'm trying to keep a running log here and actually not burn out this time. I hope I'm not boring y'all to death.

Pulling the front out tomorrow for blasting, painting and new components. Peace out.  :2thumbs:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013 - 10:58:56 PM by dusty »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013 - 12:30:28 AM »
not boring at all....  :bigsmile:   looking @ the last pic made me realize you are not afraid of anything , and your dash comment made me laugh @ 6:00 am... not many who can do that lol!   keep em coming....  :cooldancing:
*** Bart ***

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013 - 02:26:19 AM »
not boring at all....  :bigsmile:   looking @ the last pic made me realize you are not afraid of anything ... <snip>

I agree...  I put tree stumps under mine for added safety...  I could never trust jack stands alone.   :22yikes:

I'm loving the energy!   Keep it coming!

Alan
1973 ‘Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to ’72 offset

Build: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=74674.0