Author Topic: door bumper troubles  (Read 903 times)

Offline rattlesnake

• Rattlesnake
door bumper troubles
« on: May 14, 2013 - 10:01:50 AM »
The bumper kit I ordered from year one for my 1970 cuda has 4 bumpers that I am having questions about. There is 4 of them and about an inch long and approx. a half inch high and resemble a bonnet that is collapisable with a tab on the bottom that runs the entire length. I think they might go on the doors but they are too long for the slots to accomodate them. I noticed the door bumpers on my buddies 74 are flat. Can anyone tell me if Im thinking right and these bumpers need trimmed to fit or are they for something else. If a picture is needed I can try to send one from my phone but cant get the pictures from my phone to the PC.

Ray,
keep honking I'm reloading

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
Re: door bumper troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013 - 11:44:47 AM »
Post a picture of them. There are some that go on the inside top part of the door by the glass.

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013 - 12:21:03 PM »
The '70 style bumpers are hollow loops while the '74 style are rectangular blocks.  The slots in the door are about 5/8" so if the bumpers are longer than that, you'll have to shorten them to 5/8".  A utility knife or maybe a disk sander would do it.

Offline rattlesnake

• Rattlesnake
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013 - 11:12:38 PM »
pics of the bumpers I have. They R 1" long, 3/4 " high
keep honking I'm reloading

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013 - 09:40:40 AM »
Ive got a couple of those round top bumpers on my 73.  They go between the inner and outer skin of the door...up top by the window fuzzies.  They were never removed so I know they were there originally.  I don't think I have a picture though.  All the bumpers I have in the door jamb have a flat top...not round.  Maybe 1970's are different.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013 - 10:48:31 AM »
The '70 style bumpers are hollow loops while the '74 style are rectangular blocks.  The slots in the door are about 5/8" so if the bumpers are longer than that, you'll have to shorten them to 5/8".  A utility knife or maybe a disk sander would do it.

:iagree: 100%....I cut them down all the time. 1971+ have the rectangle blocks.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com