Author Topic: opinions on value of this 66 Pontiac Tempest. Updated to add asking price!  (Read 498 times)

Offline Barracudadan

I spotted this and it is fairly close to me. I have yet to see it in person and am toying with the idea to paint and flip it,make a decent 10 footer GTO/clone out of it and any money I would make put into my Barracuda. I would even consider a Maaco job if I don`t do it myself. It looks pretty straight, I can see some sheetmetal patches in the floor other than that it looks pretty straight from what the pics show. I have always liked GTO`s even if they are not Mopar!
Looking to get ideas on what this car is worth and what it would be worth with a decent paint job on it. I will post his asking price later so it doesn`t  influence anyones opinion. Thanks in advance!

Here is a description from the seller:
1966 Pontiac Tempest. Title in hand. Runs and drives. needs Full resoration but still looks good, Body is Pretty Respectable, it would make a great Hot Rod!! 400 Cubic Inch Pontiac Engine with Holley 750CFM 4 Barrel Carb. Brand New Holley Electric Fuel Pump , Turbo 400 Transmission, 10 bolt Non Posi Rear, Black Satin Painted Exterior, Black Factory Interior but comes with New Blue Interior Seat Covers ( still in Bags), I have the headlamp bezzels and grills, has
Torque Thrust Type Wheels, Exhaust Sounds Great, Tight Front End, First person to come and see it will take her away!!!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013 - 01:19:06 PM by Barracudadan »

Offline blown motor

• Resident
Re: opinions on value of this 66 Pontiac Tempest
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013 - 07:53:23 AM »
That car would make a great project! I don't know emough about this game to offer an opinion on price. It'll be interesting to see.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013 - 09:12:08 AM »
that car done would be about 22k, and paint and a 12 bolt aren't cheap
3500-5k
my neighbour bought a 65 lemans cloned gto convert for 13k last summer. 389 six pack auto

Offline Barracudadan

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013 - 01:17:56 PM »
that car done would be about 22k, and paint and a 12 bolt aren't cheap
3500-5k
my neighbour bought a 65 lemans cloned gto convert for 13k last summer. 389 six pack auto

So you are saying in it`s current state around $3500-$5K? Really $22k done for a clone GTO? I am thinking driver quality not show.

I don`t think I would change the rear end to a 12 bolt, that would be for the next guy to do.

Offline Barracudadan

Seller is asking $3,800.00 for this car. I`m thinking if nothing else I would break even if I couldnt sell it for a profit.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
I`d be really careful with that one. The way the floors are patched and the looks on the exterior don`t quite match imo. Looks like rust in the rocker / door hinge area too... hard to tell from these pics.
*** Bart ***