I'm gonna vent for minute... Ignore it. :)

Author Topic: I'm gonna vent for minute... Ignore it. :)  (Read 4609 times)

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
Re: I'm gonna vent for minute... Ignore it. :)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013 - 04:13:39 PM »
Sure, I too would love to have a “real” V-Code Cuda with matching numbers, in the right color combination, and every option I want, hell I would even take one that need restoration.  However reality is that car is few and far between ever day normal, and I agree well above the average working man’s budget.
So what did I do, I bought a car I could afford, and I am slowly making it into a car that I can enjoy every day. 
Let those with the means and desire to have a one-of-one or unmolested car chase that dream.  Because if I did that I would be enjoy the hobby I love until I was too old to enjoy it.

P.S.  Ranting is good for you!  :2thumbs:

That sir is what this hobby is all about.

I have a one car stable...its worth is measure in cubic smiles (mine form working on it and driving it, my family's while riding in it, and those of strnagers who see it, and then again mine, reacting to the other persons reactions).  My car is priceless, to me.

If you enjoy having a bone stock factory optioned car, all the power to you.  I wil not take that away from you, althought it is not my cup of tea, I do not see anything wrong with it.

I rearely if ever look at the numbers on anyones cars.

If you are not happy with what you have, sell it and find somehing you will like, or modify it and make it into what  you want!

Jason

74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013 - 06:53:49 PM »
While I would never take a "real" hemi car or other high value/highly collectable car and pull it apart to where it couldnt go back to stock.

On the other hand, my 72 318 "nothing special" car with non matching engine and tranny, 2008 paint color, 80s revamped interior and such is a always a work on progress and will never be "original" again.

I love looking at 100% original cars.....and maybe one day if I ever have the money and space I will own one to sit and look at.

Until then, I am going to enjoy my franken-fish.

I may put a 6 pack scoop on it or one day add billboards if my fancy is turned that way.

I am going to have fun with it.

And I wont feel guilty in the least.  And if/when it ever gets sold ,  the buyer will know its a frankenfish.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013 - 07:36:00 PM »
It's all about what makes you happy. It's your car and you should be able to do with it as you please and not what what pleases others. I might add that it is indeed very sad what scammers and rip-off artists have done to the hobby with fake VINs, broadcast sheets and fender tags. Just look on Ebay and you can probably find one.  :nono: I would NEVER alter/modify a highly optioned rare Mopar and personally would try to keep it all original, but a low optioned /6 or 318 car with nothing really rare about it...well why not make it into something you like. I took my original 318 car and put a 543 stroker in it. I absolutely love it!

Then there's the snobs that snub their nose at anyone that doesn't have a 100K car as nice as them. I've encountered them at shows before. Not everyone can afford an original hemi car or an original '63 split window Corvette (I love that car).  Let's see, you have the wealthy that can buy anything (Jay Leno), the pureist that want a concourse car and then there's the blue collar folks like me that just want any old Mopar they can drive, fix and enjoy!! To each his own! Drive em' till the wheels fall off!  :working:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline NCtrueconservative

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013 - 12:00:28 AM »
It's all about what makes you happy. It's your car and you should be able to do with it as you please and not what what pleases others. I might add that it is indeed very sad what scammers and rip-off artists have done to the hobby with fake VINs, broadcast sheets and fender tags. Just look on Ebay and you can probably find one.  :nono: I would NEVER alter/modify a highly optioned rare Mopar and personally would try to keep it all original, but a low optioned /6 or 318 car with nothing really rare about it...well why not make it into something you like. I took my original 318 car and put a 543 stroker in it. I absolutely love it!

Then there's the snobs that snub their nose at anyone that doesn't have a 100K car as nice as them. I've encountered them at shows before. Not everyone can afford an original hemi car or an original '63 split window Corvette (I love that car).  Let's see, you have the wealthy that can buy anything (Jay Leno), the pureist that want a concourse car and then there's the blue collar folks like me that just want any old Mopar they can drive, fix and enjoy!! To each his own! Drive em' till the wheels fall off!  :working:

Matt B.

:iagree: AMEN. Spot on Matt! To me, the whole thing aint even about the car.  Sure I love my Challenger, but when I'm dead and gone, it won't matter a hill of soup beans that I had one.  What will matter is the relationships I made along the way with people in the same hobby, the learning experience of the whole thing, and the memories I made with the process and car. 
1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye (pictured), 340, Slap Stick

1998 Dodge Ram, 5.2, Black, tinted windows, dual exhaust, blackout headlights, tailights

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013 - 07:41:29 AM »
.... but when I'm dead and gone, it won't matter a hill of soup beans that I had one. 

It will matter for me, because I am being buried in mine.   LOL

I want them to bury me in it with my left hand on the wheel, sunglasses on, windows down, right foot planted to the boards, right hand on the shifter............. :bigsmile:

I had one guy fawn all over my car at a show...oohing and ahhing...literally....then ask what motor it is.

I tell them a 318 and they get this look on their face and say "Oh....nice car anyways." and he walk away.

I just laughed.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013 - 08:29:31 AM »
windows down is a good plan.... gonna be one smelly mess in no time  :bigsmile:

for me, it`s #`s matching all the way.  440-6 or hemi,  all the rest could be scrapped for all I care    :grinyes:

:grinno:
*** Bart ***

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013 - 09:02:39 AM »
It will matter for me, because I am being buried in mine. 

Thats what my wife tells me all the time. I'll bury you in that car.  Yes NIKKI is also an N code.  :woo: Who gives a ratsazz. make it how you want it, drive it, have fun w it!  :burnout: Granted shes got a little bit of the "wow" factor w the Hemi & the shaker. But often times thats just been on BIG PITA! Now that cruzin season is finally upon us the circus will start all over again. The kid in the crusty integra or civic that wants to race. The ,is that really a hemi??? No its a slants 6 I just put the emvblems on to screw w you.  Hey do you know what that car is worth... ?????? No tell me, or better yet bring me a large bag of $100 dollar bills. Go away you freakin idiot. Numbers matching... not exaxctly, clone,,,, no way, ... way to many mods.  Sometimes I just really get annoyed w the whole thing. At times there something to be said for cruzin my pontiac.... nobody bugs me. Now ya got BIGS on a rant............. sorry.
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013 - 11:11:59 AM »
Ummm, Chris...if your car is that much trouble I'll it off yer hands....  :bigsmile:

Yeah, I can understand about the hobby being so expensive.  Takes the fun out of it when in the old days you could pull a running 440 out of the junkyard for short money and there would be 440s around the lot for easy pickings.  Even back then though Mopar stuff was more pricey than the Chevy and Ford stuff.  And I'm talking in just the 80's, not even in the 90's or more recently.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2013 - 02:02:17 PM »
Ummm, Chris...if your car is that much trouble I'll it off yer hands....  :bigsmile:

Phil, its my pennance, the sacrifices I have to make.....  :bricks1:     

:burnout:  :wave:
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013 - 05:24:24 PM »
After much consideration I think I'll just build my car the way I want and add whatever features I choose, since I'm the one paying for it, after all.
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013 - 09:48:22 PM »
Who gives a ratsazz. make it how you want it, drive it, have fun w it!  :burnout:

Mikes got the right idea! :grinyes:
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013 - 12:05:10 AM »
 :poopoke:  I would like a Cheby or Tang boner gibe a pinon on mopars.
The dime a dozn Cramoa's are cloned into Uankos, SS, etc. and they get big bucks at auctions.
Is tar somtin I is mizzin on how idiots fok ot big green on dime a dozn cramoas.   :stirpot:

When cruzin on Saturday evenings if a Cramoa enters with loud exhaust and motor stickin out of the lid
ebery yound gun runs to it lik a magnet.......
If any big noisy big blower sticks out the lid young guns run lik them is goin to get candy.

Its a hobby, it may not be the car you wanted but you can make it to your personal taste.
If it is a problem get out of the hobby, get a boat. Either one it is a bucket with a hole in it.
If you are fortunate to own a numbers matching ride you still won't be satisfied............
Trailer queens    :puke:  drive it u only live once............
You have the owners of # matching that sit in the garage scared to drive it or the owners that let them rot in the backyard.
RESTORE UM DON'T LET THEM ROT. Get ur head out of ur butt and sell it to someone that will restore it.
Rk has wild mopars. They have been for sale for the past 4 years. No suckers takers.
http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/sold/1970-Plymouth-Cuda/133255#!/
A mopar friend purchased a 69 RR, white # matchin 383 4 speed 391 rear, HD suspension.   Not satisfied he wants black stripes
on  hood.  He changed the rear to 3.23 gears.
If the a hole picks your car apart ask them where their ride is...... 
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013 - 06:40:24 AM »
My take on the hobby-I`d love to have a real `70 Hemicuda or AAR but on my blue collar budget that`ll probably never happen.Right now prices are actually pretty good-sure the high end  Hemi and v-codes,AARs and T/A`a and wing cars are still $50-100k or more but there are plenty of A, B and even E bodies that are very affordable.There are tons of pretty good quality reproduction parts now available due to the popularity of restoring these cars when before when they were cheap b/c Mopars weren't popular we had eother very expensive NOS parts,used  or aftermarket crap.My Barracuda is only a 318 auto car so I built it the way I wanted.I not that into clones so even though mine has `cuda parts on it is just a "modified" Barracuda with a 340 4spd.I drive the crap out of it and don`t worry too much about getting trophies or that other people think there car is better-it`s what I have and at least I have one to enjoy.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Gus cuda

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013 - 10:23:59 AM »
I say do what you want to it, it is after all " your car"! Those that have the perfect #'s matching six-pack/ hemi cars don't like when we change our 318 cars into shakers/billboards and such because they feel it devalues their real deal cars. Now we all know it doesn't, real value is in the vin. In my experience, our own mopar brothers & sisters are the hardest on our cars, most people just say "cool car" and don't know the difference and don't care. I for one like the fact that these cars are holding their value, and never understood why someone who owns one would complain about the prices being to high. We don't need to devalue these cars on sites such as this.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013 - 01:02:10 PM »
Phil, its my pennance, the sacrifices I have to make.....  :bricks1:     

I wish I had your problems, Chris....  8)

There's an AAR Cuda with a 440 in it on this forum.  Not correct but dang fun if you asked me!  :burnout: 

Would love to have that car as I love AARs and who doesn't like a 440?  :clueless:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger