Have you thanked a chevy guy lately?

Author Topic: Have you thanked a chevy guy lately?  (Read 1904 times)

Offline mrcuda

Have you thanked a chevy guy lately?
« on: March 23, 2005 - 07:48:39 AM »
Went for a cruise :burnout: :driving: yesterday, and the alternator bracket broke. But no fear chevy guy was there. Friend helped to adjust carbs linkages, and took bracket home and welded it. Also gave me another one which is much stronger. So be nice to a chevy guy today.  :wave:

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Have you thanked a chevy guy lately?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005 - 09:34:21 AM »
My brother used to be a chevy guy, so I have to tread lightly there.  Actually, most car people are great...except the ones that think they know everything.  I haven't met too many car folks who weren't very willing to chat or help however they could. 
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005 - 09:43:59 AM »
Burpin is guilty, Burpin drools over all the muscle cars and will help out a brother from another mother in need.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005 - 10:44:19 AM »
I like ALL performance cars.  And trucks.  I just like some better than others, and Chevy is at the bottom of the Muscle car list.

Offline 72cuda

• mmmmm, boiling gas
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005 - 10:58:17 AM »
It's not the cars, it's the offspring of those other mothers dropped on their heads at birth.

Case in point: I had a bud who was an out-and-out Chevy snob. He had a 65 Chevelle 6-banger (with Powerglide). He came into the gas station where I was working one day and asked me to mount slicks on his wheels. Not sure why, but I did. He then proceeded to bet me that he could take me (350 Firebird) with his car because "Chevy can beat anything." I asked him if he was SURE he wanted to do this several times, he insisted.

So I raced him, and smoked him. Even though he paid up, he wouldn't stop whining how unfair it was because he got in some oil off the line, or something.   :nopity:

See the USA in your Shiverlay
72 Cuda 383 4-spd

Drive it like you paid for it

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005 - 11:03:29 AM »
My boss has a '69 Chevelle (Midnight blue with a wide dark red stripe from hood-to-trunk) that is pretty nice.  He has no particular camp-devotion.  he likes all muscle cars, and got this one on the cheap.  Of course, he's dropped about $40K more than he expected in fixing it up, but who hasn't been there??

He can't do any of the work himself, since this is his first non-new car, so I have been helping him out with parts, dealers, options etc.

He does drive a Grand Cherokee as his daily, tho, so he has salvation.
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005 - 12:57:58 PM »
I totally agree, I enjoy all classic Muscle cars. It's easy for me to do this because we don't have too many Muscle cars down this way.

Thumbs up and waves to each other is part-and-parcel.  ;) :wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Screwy Squirrel

• Those guys think I'm crazy.  And I am too!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005 - 01:35:53 PM »
 :laughing: alright, alright,  i can't help but laugh at this thread  :laughing: but how many of you people picked on april's hubby for drivin an olds.  :laughing: some of you went as far as calling it a chevy  :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: sorry, can't stop laughin  :laughing: :laughing: 

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005 - 01:38:15 PM »
Yeah, we mouth off a bit, and most of it was just to give April a hard time, :grinyes:  but there is good and then there's the best.  We had to get you over to the right side Squirrel.  :tongue:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005 - 01:40:02 PM »
:laughing: alright, alright,  i can't help but laugh at this thread  :laughing: but how many of you people picked on april's hubby for drivin an olds.  :laughing: some of you went as far as calling it a chevy  :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: sorry, can't stop laughin  :laughing: :laughing: 

No squirrel it still stands. Your wife has the better car. The End!

Offline challenger72rt

• My l'il girl w' Dodge hat
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005 - 01:40:32 PM »
NZ,

I have to admit that the Mopar Faithful in these parts are a different breed.  YEARS ago, not long after I got my Chally, I pulled into a gas station, and there was a guy with a '69 Coronet, 440cid all #'s matching, dark green.  NICE car.  And instead of wanting to race, or play "mine's nicer than yours", he appreciated the Chally for what it was.  He was part of the local Mopar Club, so I attended a few meetings.

When I had a Mustang (ok...I've had a few FoxBoxes in my day...to learn how to drive without crashing...I've written off 3 of 'em) EVERY buttmunch with a Mustang wanted to race, like he had somethign to prove!!  I think that's why I like smokin them SO much with the Chally.  Just to shut 'em up!

There is a local with a '69 Camaro...blower motor, slicks, parachute...a true 9-second car.  I know I'd lose, he knows I'd lose, yet neither of us has ever felt the need to say it.  It's called respect.

There is a gathering on Friday nights were the muscle get together in one parking lot, and the rice and crotch-rockets gather across the street, then when the trash-talk gets to be enuff, we all go to a designated spot for the street drags.
(I think I've mentioned it before)

I met up with a few guys one night, one had a '69 'velle, and one a '65 Chevelle.  Nice guys, and we went cruisin', hunting for Rice.  

It's at the point now where it's Rice Vs. Muscle, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  The Muscle guys are starting to tolerate our Ford/Chev/Mopar differences to combat a bigger problem.

And with the body kits, and mental attitude, I consider Foxbox Mustangs to be Wannabe-Rice!
"Once upon a time I had a really bad Monday"

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005 - 08:56:09 PM »
       :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:                           nice one 'RT                      :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005 - 02:20:06 AM »
NZ,

I have to admit that the Mopar Faithful in these parts are a different breed.  YEARS ago, not long after I got my Chally, I pulled into a gas station, and there was a guy with a '69 Coronet, 440cid all #'s matching, dark green.  NICE car.  And instead of wanting to race, or play "mine's nicer than yours", he appreciated the Chally for what it was.  He was part of the local Mopar Club, so I attended a few meetings.

When I had a Mustang (ok...I've had a few FoxBoxes in my day...to learn how to drive without crashing...I've written off 3 of 'em) EVERY buttmunch with a Mustang wanted to race, like he had somethign to prove!!  I think that's why I like smokin them SO much with the Chally.  Just to shut 'em up!

There is a local with a '69 Camaro...blower motor, slicks, parachute...a true 9-second car.  I know I'd lose, he knows I'd lose, yet neither of us has ever felt the need to say it.  It's called respect.

There is a gathering on Friday nights were the muscle get together in one parking lot, and the rice and crotch-rockets gather across the street, then when the trash-talk gets to be enuff, we all go to a designated spot for the street drags.
(I think I've mentioned it before)

I met up with a few guys one night, one had a '69 'velle, and one a '65 Chevelle.  Nice guys, and we went cruisin', hunting for Rice.  

It's at the point now where it's Rice Vs. Muscle, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  The Muscle guys are starting to tolerate our Ford/Chev/Mopar differences to combat a bigger problem.

And with the body kits, and mental attitude, I consider Foxbox Mustangs to be Wannabe-Rice!

WELL PUT MATE, WELL PUT!!!!!!! Cpouldn't agree with you more, now is the time to unite.  :patriot:

God bless AMERICAN MUSCLE.  8) :grinyes: :worship:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60