Author Topic: I'm in & Event Question  (Read 1037 times)

Offline crocha617

I'm in & Event Question
« on: June 13, 2013 - 10:51:14 AM »
Looks like I'm going now. I just made a reservation a couple days ago for Friday night and will be there Friday morning through Saturday afternoon/evening Does anyone have a schedule of events? I've looked at the website but was wondering where and when the Mopar Collectors Guide Pool party is this year I was told it might happen to be at the hotel I'm staying at. I'm staying at the Hotel Carlysle and Embers Convention Center anyone happen to know.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
Re: I'm in & Event Question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013 - 01:46:53 PM »
Something like that is probably only going to be available through the Mopar Collector's Guide Website.  Being that it's not really part of or sanctioned by Carlisle Events, they probably won't have that information readily available for anyone.  (Personally I've never heard of such an event - is this the first year for it?)

Really the only stuff that happens outside of the fairgrounds is the "Pre-Show" at Cumberland Valley Motors just west of Mechanicsburg, and that's Thursday afternoon/evening.  There's also some drag racing which happens near the fairgrounds - I think that's Saturday at some point?  Pretty much everything else happens during the show at the Fairgrounds, and you'll get a program with events when you check-in.  They usually don't have times for those events announced on the website that I know of.

As far as events for our club, we usually gather for dinner at a hotel Friday night and order a bunch of pizzas (an event which hasn't really worked the past few years).  On Saturday my wife (Oh10Challenger) and I provide lunch for the club at the tent, and Saturday Night we have a room reserved at "Dodge City" Restaurant in Harrisburg.

Other than that you can of course come-and-go as you please from the tent on the grounds - there's always someone there to chat with!

Look forward to meeting ya!

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline crocha617

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013 - 04:18:44 PM »
My stay will be on the short side as I have alot going on at work as usual. I'm leaving like 2am Friday morning and was going to head home Saturday afternoon/evening. I have friends 1/2 way home I may crash with Saturday night. I will be around he tent for sure. I doubt I will make dinner Saturday night but who knows if I'm having a good time I may stay another night. I was told about the pool party by some guys I know that go every year. I checked the MCG website but I couldn't find anything. I guess it doesn't matter it will just be a bonus if it is at my hotel.

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013 - 06:10:19 PM »
Something like that is probably only going to be available through the Mopar Collector's Guide Website.  Being that it's not really part of or sanctioned by Carlisle Events, they probably won't have that information readily available for anyone.  (Personally I've never heard of such an event - is this the first year for it?)

Really the only stuff that happens outside of the fairgrounds is the "Pre-Show" at Cumberland Valley Motors just west of Mechanicsburg, and that's Thursday afternoon/evening.  There's also some drag racing which happens near the fairgrounds - I think that's Saturday at some point?  Pretty much everything else happens during the show at the Fairgrounds, and you'll get a program with events when you check-in.  They usually don't have times for those events announced on the website that I know of.

As far as events for our club, we usually gather for dinner at a hotel Friday night and order a bunch of pizzas (an event which hasn't really worked the past few years).  On Saturday my wife (Oh10Challenger) and I provide lunch for the club at the tent, and Saturday Night we have a room reserved at "Dodge City" Restaurant in Harrisburg.

Other than that you can of course come-and-go as you please from the tent on the grounds - there's always someone there to chat with!

Look forward to meeting ya!

Jeff

Jeff, McG had the pool party at our hootel last year. I think it was about done by the time we got back to the hootel. Didn't
we stay at the Radisson?
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline crocha617

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013 - 07:18:35 PM »
I believe it was at the club hotel last year that's why I asked I had to cancel last minute that's why I wasn't sure.