Author Topic: Anyone Else Addicted to At-Home Powder-Coating? (+Update)  (Read 395 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Anyone Else Addicted to At-Home Powder-Coating? (+Update)
« on: June 16, 2013 - 03:26:39 AM »
Ever since I finally got the last of the items needed to properly plumb in my powder-coating system, I've been staying extra busy getting all of the brackets & other tidbits powder-coated whenever I can find the time. :biggrin:  I have to give props to Eastwood Co. for putting out a budget-friendly P-C system that allows professional results for any hobbyist/enthusiast! :cheers:  Between that & electroplating, I've been getting what was supposed to be my fun, usable car (Stealth TT) all ready to finally hit the roads again & this time around it'll be in much better shape than before! :beer: :2thumbs:

Anyways, for those of you who know me, I'm still doing well & staying extra busy with a new position (RF designer) at my semi-temporary, full-time work...I call it that 'cause it's completely unrelated to what I went to school with, but because I still have a couple credits of coursework that are outstanding and will be there 'til I finish the last few credits up (pays off student loans quite well). :thumbsup:

I'm hoping that once I get my Stealth together I'll be able to find the time to make it out to a national MoPar show so I can finally meet up with some familiar faces once more...It kinda sucks having responsibilities & barely being able to find the time to do hobby/active-stuff anymore (40+OT w/work, schooling on the weekends, etc.).  :misbehaving:

Anyways, hope all are doing well & keep going with those projects/enjoying those (mostly/mainly) finished cars! :cheers: :2thumbs:

I have some work ahead of me, haha!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013 - 03:30:39 AM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Anyone Else Addicted to At-Home Powder-Coating? (+Update)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013 - 10:14:16 AM »
I am glad everything is going well for you , being too busy is not a bad thing !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Anyone Else Addicted to At-Home Powder-Coating? (+Update)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013 - 12:42:35 PM »
Good to hear from you street!  I was lucky enough to have a cousin that was into powder coating prior to my side of the family calling it quits with him.  Did both my k frames for the cars and alot of the front end parts!  He had a walk in oven he was getting ready to hook up which increased the size of parts he could handle! 

Look forward to hanging with you at a show when you get time!  Hope the parents are good!