World War Z

Author Topic: World War Z  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
World War Z
« on: June 21, 2013 - 01:33:49 AM »
Tomorrow is attack of the Zombies.

Anyone going to see it?
I like Zombies.

Today they move super fast.

Remember when they moved slow? Night of the living Dead.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline grimmey71

Re: World War Z
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013 - 09:11:20 AM »
Want to see but am so far behind in my movies probably won't go

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013 - 09:26:50 AM »
To see a movie I have to go across the causeway to Bahrain, 2-4 hours each way. Tends to not be something I do on a lark, but I did see The Man of Steel yesterday.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013 - 08:25:02 PM »
To see a movie I have to go across the causeway to Bahrain, 2-4 hours each way. Tends to not be something I do on a lark, but I did see The Man of Steel yesterday.

But you can get at least some alcohol and a Philippino hooker there while you're at it!

*** To those who don't know, Bahrain is just off the coast of Saudi. Bahrain is like Saudi Arabia's Las Vegas. No booze in Saudi, no fornicating. Lots of it in Bahrain.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013 - 10:09:31 PM by go-fish »

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013 - 09:35:12 AM »
No interest in the Filipina hookers, but the vodka tonics are good...and then there's bacon  :bigsmile:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013 - 11:10:38 AM »
Tomorrow is attack of the Zombies.

Anyone going to see it?
I like Zombies.

Today they move super fast.

Remember when they moved slow? Night of the living Dead.
Yes!  I love me some zombies too!  This is a must see for sure...  probably during the week.  Do you watch The Walking Dead?  GREAT series on TV.

1973 ‘Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to ’72 offset

Build: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=74674.0

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013 - 12:19:59 PM »
No interest in the Filipina hookers, but the vodka tonics are good...and then there's bacon  :bigsmile:

I know where you can get a good chicken fried steak too!

The wife and I are going to go see Z Monday night.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013 - 07:07:23 PM »
  Do you watch The Walking Dead?  GREAT series on TV.

Haven't seen it yet.
I'll look for it and watch it if I see it when surfing channels.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Sonnythebull

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013 - 07:17:23 PM »
Just saw it. Crap dont bother

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013 - 07:54:07 PM »
Haven't seen it yet.
I'll look for it and watch it if I see it when surfing channels.

It's on AMC.  Season One good, season two fair, season three great.
1973 ‘Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to ’72 offset

Build: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=74674.0

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013 - 11:24:28 PM »
Walking Dead is amazing. Frank Darabont started it; same guy who did Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Offline Matt70

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013 - 12:18:24 AM »
I read the book (WW Z) it was excellent, I will see the movie just because I am a huge zombie movie fan. Not sure how I feel about Brad Pitt being in it......guess I will see. As for the Walking Dead.....agree with other posters, fantastic series! A must see
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013 - 08:04:02 AM »
It was ok  it was sorta like the Will Smith movie ( I can't remember the name) not much effort put into the story line. No back story on the virus just on Brad as eye candy for the lady viewers.  :blah:  :violin: it needed more common sense action IMHO

Look they are climbing this 50 foot wall one on top of the other, maybe some one should have noticed before they came over the top. A little something at the base of the pile and boom, no more pile...

I am legend????
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Gumby

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013 - 05:10:28 AM »
Will Smith - I Am Legend. Excellent movie, far too short. Key scene was him and his doggie. It was a remake of Charlton Heston's Omega Man, which was a remake of Vincent Price movie, The Last Man On Earth. The Vincent Price movie was exceptional, even by today's standards. A little slow moving at times, but was not melodramatic or over the top. One of Price's better performances of all time. (1964 and Black and white) (I'm a big Vincent price fan) Rumors are that Will Smith is going to make a part 2 of I Am Legend. I kinda prefer my zombies slow. It helps build suspense. Zombieland, with Bill Murray and Woody Harrelson was better than I expected. 28 Days, and 29 Days Later were ok, as well. But just ok. The trailers for WWZ look good, but, yikes! 90 MPH zombies? lol. The TV series The Walking Dead is MOST excellent! The special effects are jaw dropping for a tv series, and the human element adds a lot. You get to care about the characters. I look forward to another Will Smith movie. http://screenrant.com/i-am-legend-2-will-smith-sandy-155576/
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013 - 08:52:31 AM »
 :iagree:  I am Legend is a cool movie!  Omega Man, didn't Chalton Heston have like a old Cougar in that movie?

I usually don't see movies, I wait until the DVD comes out.  Looks really cool though.  Will check it out.

As far as Zombies go, if you are ever in Las Vegas, behind the Rio hotel is the Zombie Apocalypse store.  They have a lot of what you need to survive a zombie attack!  They have survival gear, machetes, etc.  They even have live ammo, for small hand guns anyway.  If you need something bigger, like a machine gun, go down the street to the two gun shops.  :icon16:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger