Author Topic: Fuel pump  (Read 475 times)

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
Fuel pump
« on: June 23, 2013 - 01:01:12 PM »
I have a carter 3/8 inlet 3/8-24 inverted flare output. Barbs and clamps? AN fittings? Stainless braid? Nylon? Could care less about originality, just want quality connections seeing as it is right in front of the passenger side header.
I looked at some AN fittings and they seem to have a different size scale. Couldn't find a 3/8-24 inverted flare fitting?  :dunno: Don't know anything about them, lots of different fittings available though!
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Fuel pump
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013 - 01:20:02 PM »
Sounds like you might be trying to go from a JIC to JIS fitting. The JIC is a 37 degree type flare fitting where the AN fittings are 30 degrees. Try looking at the chart on the link below. It has a great tech page on ALL and I mean ALL and every type fitting know to man!  :roflsmiley: It's hose & fitting.com and they do sell huge quantity parts. I've run into this type problem before. The pictures on the web site help to see what you have. there are adapters to mate different type fittings. I'm not saying this is your exact problem, but the link below should help you figure it out. Hope this helps!!  :bigsmile: It's their sizing chart:

http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/techinfo/display.html?techinfo_id=65

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Fuel pump
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013 - 01:04:07 AM »
you can get a brass inverted flare fitting or run a steel line & use a compression fitting on the tube

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t