Members that never post anything?

Author Topic: Members that never post anything?  (Read 7240 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Members that never post anything?
« on: June 29, 2013 - 01:34:31 AM »
I always wonder why some members join up but never post anything?  I look at some of the members statistics and wonder why they have been a member for years but don't say anything.  Today I saw a member with 27 days of activity and has never said a word? Been a member since 2005?   Why?    Afraid?  Of what?   Typically once they look around, they realize that this is a great website and introduce themselves . . . But then some don't.   

If this is you . . . Don't be shy . . . Say hello!   We want you to say hello and show us what you are working on!   

:wave:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: Members that never post anything?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013 - 02:52:02 AM »
In any group I've ever been in, about 5% of the total members make it run, another 10-15% of the total actively enjoy the group, and the vast bulk just stay on the periphery.

In this particular case, my guess would be that they come here looking for answers to questions, but they find their answers in old posts and never post anything themselves.

Another possibility would be that, for whatever reason, they get the wrong impression from the board. Several years back I met a guy at a show with a yellow Challenger. Really nice guy, had a long talk with him. As I usually do we I meet Cuda or Challenger people, I talked up the board. He told me that he had been here before, and that he thought the people were rude and insulting, typical internet fare (this is off the top of my head, so I made not have the details of the conversation 100% right, but I do have the gist of it correct). He did show up here after that conversation for at least one post, but I don't think I've seen him back since then.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013 - 06:58:52 AM »
If we are rude and insulting I can`t imagine what he thinks about other sites!  :clueless:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 06Daytona

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013 - 07:05:06 AM »
I've done that on a couple of other sites. With one of the sites you had to be a member to view their database, so I joined, got my info and left. It was for my neighbors car so I only needed it the one time. The other one was a diesel ram forum. I joined asked a question and got the rudest answers I've ever seen, none of which helped so I don't think I'll be going back there.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013 - 08:24:36 AM »
Maybe they are spies from the Goverment  :bigshades: or moparts  :scared:

:roflsmiley:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013 - 09:45:18 AM »
I thought you had to be a member to see the photos uploaded directly to the site.   I'm pretty sure that's why I actually signed up :)  Also it's possible that they just cruise the for sale sections and send PMs?  THat's all I ever do on moparts

Offline solarguy

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013 - 09:52:30 AM »
I'm guilty ,  I check in almost daily to read tech posts and learn.   I answer any questions I have personal knowledge of.  Other than that, I kinda keep to myself, just like in real life.   I belong to a few other sites and have to say, the camaraderie and respect shown to members, especially the newbies with basic tech questions is what makes this my favorite of the mopar sites.   

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013 - 11:07:28 AM »
Maybe we could have a 400 page thread of blank posts  :smilielol:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013 - 11:18:31 AM »
Now I know alot of members sign up to get pictures and more access to the site but the one I looked at joined in 2005 and had 27 days of time online with 0 posts . . . . that is alot of time looking through threads IMO.   :eek4:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013 - 11:30:24 AM »
 :dunno: But i think they are afraid of MEK DANGERFIELD.  :smilielol:  :stirpot:  :poopoke:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013 - 01:25:56 PM »
Now I know alot of members sign up to get pictures and more access to the site but the one I looked at joined in 2005 and had 27 days of time online with 0 posts . . . . that is alot of time looking through threads IMO.   :eek4:

27 doesnt sound too bad....  man I need to get a life.....  :bricks1: :lol:
*** Bart ***

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013 - 04:20:12 PM »
:dunno: But i think they are afraid of MEK DANGERFIELD.  :smilielol:  :stirpot:  :poopoke:

That would only apply if they saw pictures of me.    :22yikes:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013 - 08:44:38 PM »
That would only apply if they saw pictures of me.    :22yikes:

And the pink MEK house!!  :roflsmiley: I do agree with Dave that many folks may be only looking for tech answers. I joined a Land Rover forum for tech stuff and had a LOT of questions, but I often go back to help folks with their problems/questions. I think this is an awesome site and as I've said before, this group is like a big family. More than just a tech site.  :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline dusty

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013 - 11:38:34 PM »
You guys are the nicest and coolest out there...

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013 - 01:06:33 PM »
Probably talking about me, I joined in 2005 and have went awhile without posting, not becuase afraid, just have had things take me away. People sometimes get burned out. I thourghouly enjoy the folks here as always. Just like to check in and read what is going on, didn't really feel like I could contribute to the post. With anything worthwhile at the time.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005