Author Topic: Members that never post anything?  (Read 7241 times)

Offline aarcuda33

Re: Members that never post anything?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013 - 03:41:12 PM »
I am one of the members your probably referring to ! I joined in 2005 and this is like my 134 post
My computer skills and spelling are both very weak Lol    I enjoy reading posts looking at other peoples cars and progress .
 I also own some great project cars that I haven't been able to work on in years and I do mean years longer than a lot of you guys have been in the hobby I am sure Lol
 But life unfortunately takes up all my time right now as it has for awhile and my hobbies and loves come second to the needs of my family
 However I do jump on the forum almost every night for a brake and to keep my passion alive . I still buy parts and make whatever shows I can . I always love and get a kick out of the that guy wont sell me his car that he isn't doing anything with posts. I've only built a garage and housed them inside for 20 years to sell them to you
 I try to help people and answer questions if no one else steps up and a lot of times send pictures to guys emails from the forum to help them (because I cant figure out how to post them here)
 And yes I've been told on here that I'm wrong or told my information is incorrect but most of my info comes from looking at an original car, an nos part or a Chrysler manual but we can all be mistaken but some of us forget that .
 I wish everyone the best with your cars and your lives and enjoy reading your posts and will try to post more as my life allows           

Offline dodgedream

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013 - 04:30:53 PM »
Guess I am another one of those that never post anything but my excuse is I was waiting til I
I had good news. I have been trying to locate my first car ( 1971 challenger) and hoped to report good news but so far not.I found the last owner but he sold the car about 2 years ago. he gave me the current owners phone number but it is invalid and by the actions I am getting now from the last owner I'm guessing the current owner and he spoke and he doesn't want anybody to know that he has anything valuable ( I'm guessing he is dodging creditors) They are friends and live in a small town so I'm guessing the trail is cold after 20 years of tracking. Fortunately I have police friends and they are gonna keep their ears to the ground for me sooooooo maybeeeeeee all is not lost yet

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013 - 10:14:47 PM »
Go to the town and ask around. If he's there you might find him.
Guess I am another one of those that never post anything but my excuse is I was waiting til I
I had good news. I have been trying to locate my first car ( 1971 challenger) and hoped to report good news but so far not.I found the last owner but he sold the car about 2 years ago. he gave me the current owners phone number but it is invalid and by the actions I am getting now from the last owner I'm guessing the current owner and he spoke and he doesn't want anybody to know that he has anything valuable ( I'm guessing he is dodging creditors) They are friends and live in a small town so I'm guessing the trail is cold after 20 years of tracking. Fortunately I have police friends and they are gonna keep their ears to the ground for me sooooooo maybeeeeeee all is not lost yet
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline MizzouRT

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013 - 10:50:11 PM »
I certainly do far more reading than posting here.  There are so many true experts and they are willing to share their knowledge.  On a forum for modern muscle where many don't know a socket from a crescent wrench, I would be a hard core, hands-on DIY car guy, having done lots of the usual bolt-ons and overhauled a couple engines, including a warmed over 440 swap for my 383 in my 70 Charger.  Here, that just gives me enough background to appreciate some of the work that members are doing themselves. 

Back in the day, I had more time than money and doing some of the work myself allowed me to make more  mods that I couldn't otherwise have afforded.  Now things are switched around, with more money than time so all the work is hired out.  That may sound great, but brings a whole new set of potential problems.  And at the end of the day, not nearly the same satisfaction or sense of accomplishment as when you do at least part of the project yourself. 
Daily Driver: 2013 Challenger SRT 6 speed
Toy: 1970 Challenger

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013 - 11:07:24 PM »
I don't think anyone is saying that people who don't post are bad people. I think the OP was just curious as to why people wouldn't post. And I think you're all providing him with some answers, so it's all good  :bigsmile:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013 - 11:45:02 PM »
I lurked for two years before I joined to see the pictures.
Reading was fine enough for me in the beginning of my mopar transformation.
Then I didn't really post anything until I actually got a cuda in 05'.   Ah, my first Cuda'....

I still try not to talk too much, haha, cause you guys on here are a wealth of knowledge and I am not even close. Definitely still learning.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Members that never post anything?
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013 - 02:35:31 AM »
That would only apply if they saw pictures of me.    :22yikes:

Pretty sure that photo of you in your pimp suit is still floating around, Mike...that certainly scares them off by the bus load! :biggrin: :D

Sent from the garage
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013 - 09:01:16 AM »
 :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013 - 09:56:14 AM »
Pretty sure that photo of you in your pimp suit is still floating around, Mike...that certainly scares them off by the bus load! :biggrin: :D

Sent from the garage

:22yikes: PLEASE don't pull that out of the archives,we'll never have a newbie here again.  :smilielol:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013 - 09:59:05 AM »
 :ylsuper: but then again,maybe the newbies might wanna see the "TRUE" MEK DANGERFIELD.  :stirpot:  :lol:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013 - 03:23:24 AM »
You also have to consider the fact not everyone feels the need to talk. I know I don't.

Whether it be a forum or face to face, some people (myself most definitely included) only feel the need to talk when it's important, or have a question or an answer to a question. I rarely talk just for the sake of conversation. That's a female trait.  :blah:

You know how people stop talking and consider it an "awkward moment of silence". I'm the other way. I prefer the silence. To me it's an "awkward moment of talking".

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013 - 12:07:36 PM »
A compelling point.

So, Russ, how ya doin'?  :wave:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline acudadude

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013 - 12:44:28 PM »
I lurked for two years before I joined to see the pictures.
Reading was fine enough for me in the beginning of my mopar transformation.
Then I didn't really post anything until I actually got a cuda in 05'.   Ah, my first Cuda'....

I still try not to talk too much, haha, cause you guys on here are a wealth of knowledge and I am not even close. Definitely still learning.

What kind of rims were they? Are u missing a lug nut :)

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013 - 12:56:17 PM »
That's a Keystone rim with the fifth lug option.  :roflsmiley:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013 - 01:45:57 PM »
I think they were called Keystone "Classic's"
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.