Author Topic: Dodge Lame?  (Read 484 times)

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
Dodge Lame?
« on: July 06, 2013 - 10:32:14 PM »
Does anyone else find it odd that Dodge has upped their advertisement during televised NASCAR racee AFTER THEY PULLED OUT OF THE SERIES???!!!  I've been a fan of NACAR & Chrysler since the early 70's and have had to endure multiple exits by Chrysler from the series.  Just when they're starting to make the cars look somewhat 'car-like' again with noses that kind of look like real cars Chrysler is out of the series.  I noticed in yesterday's Nationwide series there was 2 Challengers running, but I'm pretty sure they are independant efforts with left-over cars from last year.  Same with the last truck race I watched a while back, one Dodge truck still in the field but again a lone effort with what I guess is no support from Dodge.  Mopars in the American Lemans Series?  Nope, plenty of Brand x and at least a couple of Ford powered Daytona Prototypes...  It was good to see Vipers return to 24 Hours at Lemans this year, but other than drag racing is that all Chrysler is going to participate in?  I understand times are tough, but it would be nice if Dodge did it's advertising 'on the track' and not during the beer & bio breaks during the broadcast.  Anyone else feel the same?

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black

Offline Gumby

Re: Dodge Lame?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013 - 01:55:58 AM »
I'm not a fan of racing, ie - I don't watch it or pay attention to it. But it is the only place that you will find a 2 door Charger. LOL. I don't
 even know what class it is or anything. All I know, is that it looks bad. As in good.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Road_Runner

• Mopar Owner & Standard Bearer Since 1974
Re: Dodge Lame?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013 - 12:57:33 PM »
I'm not a fan of racing, ie - I don't watch it or pay attention to it. But it is the only place that you will find a 2 door Charger. LOL. I don't
 even know what class it is or anything. All I know, is that it looks bad. As in good.

They used to run Chargers in both Sprint & Nationwide, but went to Challengers a year or two ago in Nationwide.  No more Chargere now that Dodge pulled out from all the series.  Honestly, fans have been critical of all the nonexisting 'stock' cars in NASCAR for a while, like 2 door Chargers, V8 Camrys, etc.  That and all the BS rules & yellow flags from phantom debris has taken almost all the competition out of the series. I'm not saying Dodge has to go back to NASCAR, but should at least sponsor Vipers & Challengers in road racing like brand x does so much of....

Later, Jim
1970 383 Roadrunner Tor Red
1973 318 Barracuda Mist Green
2014 Mustang GT/CS Convertible All Black