Author Topic: Finally, some good news for the "Viper" family.  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Finally, some good news for the "Viper" family.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013 - 06:16:35 PM »
Good things come to good people ... Congrats you deserve it  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Gumby

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013 - 06:21:17 PM »
Just because someone owns a Viper, doesn't make them an elitist or a douche. Many people don't realize the sacrifices that are made to enjoy your dream. I was 24 when I bought a Buick Grand National brand new back in 1987. I actually had to wait 2 months before I was 25 before anyone would insure me. I ate ramon noodles and beans and rice to make it happen. Car payments were $250 a month. Ins. was $250 a month. I made around $23,000 a year, lol. IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY! Keep doin' what you are doin'! Sometimes good things do happen to good people. I wish I still had it - I hope that you still have your Viper?.....
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline moparman82

• MOPAR or No car
  • Resident
  • Livin' the dream
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013 - 06:25:41 PM »
I'm with gumby, bought my SRT10 when I was 23, working 2 jobs 7 days a week and going to school, can't tell you how many times I was labeled a rich kid or asked if I was driving my daddy's truck, but I earned each every pony under that hood :)
Viper man, glad to hear things are looking up, as a former member of the 10 cylinder club, I know I woulda broke your heart to cut the viper loose to pay some bills, glad you get to keep it as well as make a move to better your family's financial position, best of both worlds :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 - 09:15:19 AM by moparman82 »
Scott in Omaha
Searching for the right 70 Cuda driver
1973 challenger in go-mango, on it's way to a 70 T/A clone SOLD
2015 crew cab Hemi ram SOLD
2019 Ram Laramie
2016 Tahoe LTZ SOLD
1976 Ramcharger 383 4spd SOLD
2016 Audi

24 mopars past and 2 present

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013 - 08:19:16 PM »
Good things come to good people ... Congrats you deserve it  :2thumbs:

:iagree:   And now you can walk Melanie to work with you too.  :cheers:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013 - 08:32:59 PM »
 :2thumbs: Good luck! I just hit 10 years with my job but no Rolex or anything-not even an acknowledgement.  :eek4: I`m just starting to put my resume out there so we`ll what luck I have. BTW, right now I can only aspire to be a Viper owning douchebag like you-maybe someday!  :smilielol:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline spamtank

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013 - 08:35:12 PM »
Congrats!  That's great news.   :woohoo:

Now you just need to get rid of the Volvo right?

Oh, and by the way, I smuggled those home brewed beers back into New Hampshire and my wife and I shared them.   :cheers:  They were very good!   :drunk:

Look forward to your offering next year.    :2thumbs:
Rick, Manchester, NH
1970 SE 383 2V AT Challenger
1977 M882/W200 Power Wagon
2013 RT Plus 6M

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013 - 12:04:40 AM »
 :cheers:  V-man is buying.  Home brew on the house.
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013 - 11:09:27 AM »
Now you just need to get rid of the Volvo right?

Good sweet Lord do I ever...  I'm hoping with this new income I can at least fix some of her woes (Strong pull-to-the-right; alignment is dead-on, idle is all over the place, intermittent check-engine lights, leveling headlights keep failing, etc, etc, etc...)  If I can keep her driveable for the next two years or so, I can hopefully put some money aside for something NICE - I'm thinking SRT8 Charger.  I will from this Volvo-on ALWAYS buy American!  :)

And I certainly know that owning a Viper or ANY nice car doesn't automatically mean "douche-bag," but unfortunately I've met people who DO qualify for such a title (a lot of them in the Viper club...) and I certainly know I've received looks and comments and judgements from folks ever since I got one.  Ya know, you tell someone in the Viper club that you financed your Viper, and suddenly you might as well be a third-world immigrant...  "Ooh - well I paid cash for all THREE of mine..."  That's why I've never joined the VCA.

Yeah, I'm proud to own one, and yeah, maybe I should have sold it to free up money for my daughter and family.  But darn-it-all, I worked really hard to get that thing, and have worked hard to keep it road-worthy all on my own.  It just didn't seem fair to me to get rid of something I've wanted since I was 15 just because I was becoming a parent.  Luckily ViperWife agreed, and so yes - it's still in the garage.  Actually it's here at the office.  :)  ...And it needs a bath...

Oh and here's a quick funny tidbit of info.  My new office up the street is located in the "Stealth Technologies Building."  Just one of the companies renting space inside is Northrup Grumman.  The buidling is adorned with images and silhouettes of the B-2 Stealth Bomber.  What better office to work in for a guy who has a black Viper with tinted windows and headlights?!  About the only guy who'd fit in better here is Carwalski with his blacked-out "Batram"!!

Thanks again for the support and kind words, folks.  This is indeed the greatest forum on the world-wide web.
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013 - 06:30:19 PM »

Just one of the companies renting space inside is Northrup Grumman.

Oh my. That's my employer.   :grinyes:

Does this mean we almost work together?   :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013 - 10:16:08 PM »
Oh my. That's my employer.   :grinyes:

Does this mean we almost work together?   :lol:
Really??  Oh man I'd love to work for them - always heard it was hard to get in the door though.  Hook a Mopar buddy up?!?  ;)
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013 - 10:36:08 PM »
Jeff, best of luck on the new gig. Hope it works out well for you.  :thumbsup:

Viper douche.....  :smilielol:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline MizzouRT

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013 - 11:35:26 PM »
Congrats on the good news.  I don't know any Viper owners, so missing the DB connection.  If anyone thinks they are better than other people simply because they have more money and material goods, well, in my book they are not only DB's but idiots as well.  Money is sure handy to have but it doesn't define how good (or bad) a person you are.

I started out poor (family of 5 living in 8 x 40 trailer house, 240 square feet) and worked my way thru college one semester at a time.  Bought a used 70 Charger in 1972 with cash I had worked to earn.  A traveling salesman bought it new, so it had around 80,000 miles on it making it cheap enough I could buy it.  Drove it 10 years and put another 100,000 miles on it before buying my first new car.  Interest rates on car loans were high back in those days, so I saved up and paid cash.

So unsolicited advice from me is pay off the credit cards first.  The interest rates just kill your finances.  Interest rates on auto loans are cheap these days, so borrowing on a new car can make financial sense.  However, unless money is no object, I would opt for a R/T over a SRT.  Less expensive to buy and cheaper to insure.  The 5.7 delivers great performance bang for the buck.  Dodge sometimes has nice incentives on the RTs (like now) but never on the SRT, plus $1K gas tax on the SRT.

Before I get fixated on the financials, want to remind myself that Burdar is right about the things that are REALLY important in life, and his comment is greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 - 11:44:38 PM by MizzouRT »
Daily Driver: 2013 Challenger SRT 6 speed
Toy: 1970 Challenger

Offline moparelwood

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013 - 11:38:12 PM »
 :woohoo: Congrats on the new job. Send some job hunting wishes this way. We have been living off savings for 3 months now while trying to bootstrap a new business. might be time to go find a real job.