Author Topic: Loosing your best friend  (Read 1596 times)

Offline shoooter

Loosing your best friend
« on: August 14, 2013 - 10:24:31 PM »
As some of you know my dog sable went through some medical problems this past year. we tried our best to fix her but in the end it just wasent enough. She has been with me since I was a young man at 17 years old she was almost 13 years old and had a good run. she did everything with me. I dont know who will eat my pizza crusts for me now. I am a mess and heart broken right now :crying: Sable gave it a good fight, but in the end she was loosing weight and he front paw was giving her some trouble. Bringing her to the vet was the hardest thing I have done. It felt good that I was able to be with her until the end and hold her till she past, But on the other hand im feeling pretty guilty right now. I NEVER thought this day would come. I think of all the good times we have had and it just breaks my heart more and more. Everyone please do and hug there dogs for me and enjoy the time you have.. I LOVE YOU SABLE SEE YOU WHEN OUR TIME COMES TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Loosing your best friend
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013 - 10:37:26 PM »
So sorry to hear your loss shooter.
RIP Sable.   :angelwings:

Ironically, we were just talking about Calvin Klein; my black lab.

I once owned who I put down years ago.
When I think of him, I still miss him. He smiled at us alot. He was sooo bad but sooo good.

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline dvldwg89

• Semper Fi
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013 - 11:41:42 PM »
Sad news. Dogs truly are mans best friend.

Offline Gumby

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013 - 11:42:53 PM »
The more people I know, the more I love my doggies. They give so, so very much. And ask for so little in return. The hurt of their passing never goes away. The memories last forever. God truly blessed us, when he gave us doggies. Nothing else can compare. Nothing.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013 - 12:19:27 AM »
Dogs never last long enough , my condolences  :angelwings:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013 - 10:44:20 PM by Chryco Psycho »

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013 - 12:42:50 AM »
I feel for ya mate,sorry for your loss , I will love my dogs even more,and I will go give em a hug now :2thumbs:

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013 - 01:19:35 AM »
Shooter, I just put down my Norwegian Elkhound of 14 years back in March. So I still remember exactly how
you feel right now. The pain was unbearably strong, but it will pass too. It will never completely go away, nor
will all of the memories leave and that is what will get you through this. Be strong and know that it was a blessing
what you did for your best friend. He didn;t want to hurt anymore and neither did you. Bless you and that strength.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013 - 08:39:28 AM »
Sorry for your loss. I've been there more than once, its never easy. I remember each and every one. Like kids they become a major part of your life. My condolences
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline 06Daytona

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013 - 08:40:38 AM »
Sorry for your loss. My 20 year old cat passed away a couple of weekends ago.
1972 Cuda 340 4 barrel 4 speed that looks like a 71
2006 Dodge Charger R/T Daytona
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible (Kidmobile)
1972 Dodge Charger 318 auto
1970 Challenger 440/727 auto
1973 Plymouth Duster 340/auto (Making it Panther Pink for the wife)
2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (It doesn't save gas, it just diverts it to the Cuda/Challenger)
In desperate need of more property for my growing Mopar family

Offline moparman82

• MOPAR or No car
  • Resident
  • Livin' the dream
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013 - 09:24:01 AM »
Sorry to hear about your put Pete, she's in a better place and waiting for the day you meet again.
Scott in Omaha
Searching for the right 70 Cuda driver
1973 challenger in go-mango, on it's way to a 70 T/A clone SOLD
2015 crew cab Hemi ram SOLD
2019 Ram Laramie
2016 Tahoe LTZ SOLD
1976 Ramcharger 383 4spd SOLD
2016 Audi

24 mopars past and 2 present

Offline burdar

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013 - 09:43:06 AM »
My dad isn't an animal person but he inherited a dog from his aunt when she died.  Tuck had to be put down a couple years ago.  Dad said that was one of the hardest things he's had to do. 

Sorry for your loss!  :angelwings:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013 - 02:43:23 PM »
I feel your pain as I have had to put down a dog before and cried for days!  The little guy I have now is certainly my best friend and he will be the hardest for sure . . . Wouldn't trade him for nothing!   Sorry to hear about your loss . . .

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013 - 06:37:57 PM »
This is the $ucky part of life for sure. You give a pet a good home for years, and it rips your heart out when the end comes.

I've only done this dance once. I had one for 19 years and had to put him down shortly before Thanksgiving in 2004.

I have no desire to go thru this again, so I remain pet-less. 

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013 - 06:42:07 PM »
Sorry man, been thru it also. Star was 17 and it was so tough at the end. The only bad thing about dogs is that they don`t live long enough, otherwise they are the perfect friends.  :angelwings:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013 - 06:56:44 PM »
The only bad thing about dogs is that they don`t live long enough, otherwise they are the perfect friends.  :angelwings:

...And they don't complain about you spending so much time or money with your car.    :misbehaving:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.