Author Topic: OK GOT MY DREAM CAR 1970 RT CHALLENGER BUT I HAVE A DILEMMA  (Read 4988 times)

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
Re: OK GOT MY DREAM CAR 1970 RT CHALLENGER BUT I HAVE A DILEMMA
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013 - 09:05:10 AM »
I'll preface this by saying that I've never cared too much if other people like my car or not. It's enough that I love it. If others like it that's great; if they don't, that's tough.

That being said, if you're having this reaction, you didn't buy your dream car. If you had your dream car, then every time you saw it your heart would do a little dance, whether or not other people noticed it.

:iagree: Is it your dream car or not? If you just bought it to get attention from others buy a `71 `cuda in a high impact color, if not drive it and enjoy it and don`t worry what others think.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013 - 12:43:40 PM »
:iagree: Is it your dream car or not? If you just bought it to get attention from others buy a `71 `cuda in a high impact color, if not drive it and enjoy it and don`t worry what others think.

:iagree:  x2  If you need to come on here to seek everyone else's approval then maybe there are other issues in your life.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013 - 12:48:36 PM »
Let me also add that I have no desire to insult you. If you like the car that's cool, and I'm glad you have it. I just think that you maybe bought the wrong car.

But there are also people whose idea of their dream car changes over time. That's never been me. I knew when I saw my car that she and I were destined to be together. It may be that your tastes have shifted.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013 - 01:44:59 PM »
Well for me I've wanted a 70 Challenger since I was 9 years old. When I finally got it 35 years later I couldn't have cared less what colour it was , or what anyone else thought of it?
Buy what you like, not what anyone else thinks is popular?  Life is too short! :2cents:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Finoke

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013 - 01:52:35 PM »
I can relay my experience. I had a 70 Challenger RT that was fully restored in B7 blue and a B3 blue 70 Charger.

The 70 Charger was a people magnet. It drew crazy attention. The Blue Challenger, not so much.

At another time I had a White TA and a Sublime Challenger. The sublime car drew all the attention.

So I concur with a lot of the previous comments. The Charger is so recognizable to many and hi impact paint just adds to the allure.

Personally, i would take your White / Black color scheme any day of the week. I love the combo. I should have never sold my T/A !

You have some awesome cars, enjoy them both  :bigsmile:

Offline MTS-Challenger

• Vanishing Point - "Catch Me If You Can"
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013 - 03:04:52 PM »
Two words - "Panther Pink"
 :grinyes:
1970 Challenger R/T 440

Offline CID440

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013 - 03:11:27 PM »
I love white cars!   White Kawalski chally's on my wish list for sure!  Having an Orange muscle car attracts good attention but also some bad.

Offline 7212Mopar

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013 - 03:54:47 PM »
You already have a yellow car that draws a lot of attention. So drive the Charger on the day you feel like needing some attention. Drive the white Challenger the day you feel like blending in. Might not work all the time but you got both options. If it is me, I will be driving the Challenger most of the time.

BTW, I have a yellow and a dark silver Challengers, one new and one old. They both seems to draw some attentions including the cops which I really don't like.
1973 Challenger Rallye, AT with 1971 340
2012 Challenger SRT8 392 YJ,  6 spd

Offline MizzouRT

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013 - 04:22:45 PM »
As others have already pointed out, there's a reason Chrysler called them "high impact" colors.  They were flashy and eyeball magnets.  The 68-70 Chargers enjoy the most famous / iconic sheet metal Mopar ever put on the road, fresh off another Fast & Furious movie that sold tons of tickets.  Not surprising the Charger gets more attention.  Even if they were both the same color, think the Charger would get more attention...
Daily Driver: 2013 Challenger SRT 6 speed
Toy: 1970 Challenger

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013 - 01:05:12 PM »
 :faint: Are you serious????:biggrin:

i would love to have either one of those bad boys sitting in my garage.wouldn't matter which one.you are one lucky man.  :thumbsup:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline joelson6

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013 - 01:58:20 PM »
sounds like we've got a diva here.................................

if a chick changes her hair and makeup and gets no attention from the boys, i'll guaranteed she'll never do that again.

:roflsmiley: just bustin'

Offline bad440

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013 - 05:02:44 PM »
Have a 1974 Challenger Rallye(original owner) in yellow, definitely an attention getter but never saw this coming with 2010 Plum Crazy R/T; this car has people stopping in their tracks and waving, it's crazy but love it.
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013 - 08:56:23 AM »
I agree with most--did you buy the car for you or for the rest of the people in the world ? Maybe you really did want a white car but settled because it had everything else you wanted. If you settled then you will have doubts on you purchase.
 I think both are Awesome looking cars. Worse comes to worse sell it and find one that will make you happy.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 750-h2

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013 - 11:51:29 AM »
Personally white Challengers have always been my favourite. :bigsmile: Super classy looking!  A 1970 Challenger will never get as much attention as an old Charger for the simple reason that most people cannot tell the difference between a 1970 Challenger and a new one. If you had bought your Challenger prior to 2008 it would have drawn as much attention as your Charger

Offline 71gogreen

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013 - 12:26:05 PM »
sounds like we've got a diva here.................................

if a chick changes her hair and makeup and gets no attention from the boys, i'll guaranteed she'll never do that again.

yeah,maybe white reminds him of being a virgin :smokin: :grinyes: :smilielol:

:roflsmiley: just bustin'
71challenger-millcreek park\71challenger-millcreek