Author Topic: Crazy buying times  (Read 492 times)

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
Crazy buying times
« on: September 11, 2013 - 03:00:25 AM »

Lately I've been looking for another car which we will say is not a mopar but it seems to follow the same modis operandi of the sellers.

You have a VIN stamp which does not match the data plate for the car. It really doesn't make sense but I guess there are all sorts of folks out there looking to squeeze just a little bit more out of a sale then they should. I had another car I was looking at which the seller said he was selling it for a friend which I have found out is code for stolen.

As they say, if it's too good to be true it probably is.
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: Crazy buying times
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013 - 03:23:18 AM »
I had another car I was looking at which the seller said he was selling it for a friend which I have found out is code for stolen.

About 10 years ago I was checking into a car that was local to me for a friend who was about 5 hours away. The seller told me that he wouldn't even answer questions unless the potential buyer asked them. When I told him that the buyer wasn't very knowledgeable about cars, so all the early questions were going to come from me anyway, he started yelling at me "I know what you people try to do! And you won't do it to me!"

To this day I have no idea what he was talking about. But, he did call me back the next day to say that he "knew" that I was the same person who had looked at his friend's car as well (I have no idea what he was talking about there either). I told him that if I got another call from him I'd report him to the FBI.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: Crazy buying times
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013 - 09:38:59 AM »
About 10 years ago I was checking into a car that was local to me for a friend who was about 5 hours away. The seller told me that he wouldn't even answer questions unless the potential buyer asked them. When I told him that the buyer wasn't very knowledgeable about cars, so all the early questions were going to come from me anyway, he started yelling at me "I know what you people try to do! And you won't do it to me!"

To this day I have no idea what he was talking about. But, he did call me back the next day to say that he "knew" that I was the same person who had looked at his friend's car as well (I have no idea what he was talking about there either). I told him that if I got another call from him I'd report him to the FBI.

There are so many people that need their medications adjusted...  :screwy:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger