Author Topic: Video: Edmunds Tests C7 Vette Versus SRT Viper  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Video: Edmunds Tests C7 Vette Versus SRT Viper
« on: September 11, 2013 - 09:54:17 AM »
I dunno, I like the Vette (and the Viper) but not crazy about the Stingray emblem...

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/video-edmunds-tests-c7-vette-versus-srt-viper/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=video-edmunds-tests-c7-vette-versus-srt-viper

Track Tested: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray vs 2013 SRT Viper Coupe -- Edmunds.com
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: Video: Edmunds Tests C7 Vette Versus SRT Viper
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013 - 03:46:31 PM »
In my opinion the Vette has terrible styling...looks like a Camaro too much... :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Haddixj

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013 - 03:50:51 PM »
I like the cars. Wife will have viper at some point. I prefer the vette though hard to beat the Ls engine series and the vetted lose value much quicker which to me means I can drive them like they are supposed to be driven and not worry that I am hurting the value.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013 - 05:15:52 PM »
The way I feel about the Corvette has no reflection on my feelings for you Dave...Don't be so vain... "It's not always about you" :nono:  "... I bet you think this song is about you...don't you ... don't you.. ?" :smilielol:

I don't like it because it looks like it was designed with a ruler....a lot of straight hard lines with do-dads stuck on everywhere :2cents:

Chevy Spark....Now that's a nice car :bigsmile:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013 - 05:58:34 PM »
My last Corvette was a 1996. Just didn't like the way they looked after that.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013 - 08:41:20 PM »
Thank you for the sentiments Alan but please don't feel bad for me. 

Actually Dave you're the one that asked me "not to feel bad for you" ..... :dunno:

My comment about the Corvette had nothing to do about you....

I actually didn't even see your comment about your purchase until after I hit the "post" on my first comment.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013 - 09:31:10 PM »
My first vette was ............... oh wait I have never owned one , but the numerous ones I have worked on left such a bad taste in my mouth I could not bring myself to buy one ............... I hope you don't have to work on yours !!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline DodgeMaterial

• DodgeMaterial - JS29U0B & WS23V0A - St Louis, MO
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013 - 09:56:22 PM »
I was lucky enough to see Dave's car in person today right after he got it.  While I am very biased towards our halo vehicle the Viper, I am also a "car guy" and have to say this car is VERY COOL!  In person I kept thinking Ferrari - not Corvette, as the styling, shape and several features are much more exotic than previous GM offerings.  Dave, enjoy the heck out of it!
DodgeMaterial - Dave
- JS29U0B-FK5
- WS23V0A-EB5

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013 - 10:25:38 PM »
Dave you take things way too personal...

I said I didn't like the Corvette...whether it belongs to you or not I don't care.

This thread was stated about comparing a Viper to a Corvette....I said I didn't like the Vette....Why you think my comment was directed at you I have no clue. :dunno:

If YOU started this thread and said "Hey guys...check out my new car"....and I commented that I didn't like it, then I would see how your feelings could have been hurt....but again, that's not the case here.

You're the only one throwing in-direct insults here Dave..... :nono:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013 - 05:40:17 PM »
Ugghhh....sorry I posted this thread......  :'(

Ok, let's move on.... we're all friends here.  :cheers:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline resq302

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013 - 07:37:52 PM »
Mine just came in today.  I didn't get "number one" this time but it was the first Stingray to be delivered to a Dealership in Missouri.  They called me so I could be there when it came off of the transport vehicle.

Good grief, Dave!  This thread was started two weeks ago.   You were the only one to reply by posting multiple pictures of your car and then "someone" decided to say how terrible the styling was.  It's understandable that it took a couple weeks and those pictures of your car for him to finally post his non-personal opinion.

Did you at least get to keep that cool cover that came with the car?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013 - 07:58:41 PM by resq302 »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013 - 09:36:12 PM »
No worries, Dave.

Some people like bananas, some people like apples.  Whatever flips your cookies and makes you happy, that's what counts.  :grinyes:  Life is too short to drive boring cars and that Vette is definitely not boring.

From what I understand people say the way the new Vette rides is unlike all previous generation Vettes, in a good way.  I've heard that "it's finally able to compete with supercars around the world", I paraphrased that.  Just when you think the current model is good, the next gen is better.

Definitely would love to hear your thoughts on you Vette, Dave.  :grinyes:  Must be like Christmas for you! 

Where does it end?  Personally, I think it's great that cars are ever improving but you have to wonder if there will be a finite point where there can no longer be any more improvement to be made.  I dunno, just a weird thought. 

Viper or Vette, both are great cars in their own right.  :2thumbs:

Offline resq302

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013 - 09:56:23 PM »
And that is where I guess I am a simpleton as I prefer my cars to not have all the bells and whistles with all the electronic devices.  If something should break, I don't want to have to plug in a computer to tell me what is wrong.

Offline resq302

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013 - 11:13:29 PM »
Thank for the kind reply!  Believe it or not, I am not excited at all.  While I really like the new Super-cars, being involved with Automobiles 24/7 has made things a bit anti-climactic.  I actually get more enjoyment from developing and making new products.  THAT is fun!  If this was 25 years ago I would probably be thrilled. 

I could have picked it up this morning but decided not to get it until tomorrow night.  I spent the day bringing my Challenger Home from Steve's and then loading the 69 Trans Am to take it back to his Shop.   The old stuff still gets my undivided attention.  I have no more room in my Garage so the Stingray has to sit outside.   :lol: :2thumbs:

Say its time for another lift, Dave?   :smilielol:

Offline resq302

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013 - 11:14:43 PM »
That is the delivery cover that comes with all new Corvettes.  After Tom took dozens of pictures to document the occasion, we took it off and put it in the back of the Volt.  I'm keeping everything so the next owner will have all of the "as delivered" new items.  Tom had joked that I was driving my Volt to go see my new Stingray.  I doubt there could be two cars that are such polar opposites.   :rofl:

Think of it this way.... the one car is saving gas for the other one!    :roflsmiley: