Author Topic: Y 11 code on a build sheet?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline 4406-RAY

Y 11 code on a build sheet?
« on: September 21, 2013 - 04:24:52 PM »
Does anyone know what the Y 11 Code an a 71 Cuda build sheet means. I know it says Domestic Publications, but what does that mean?

Thanks Ray

Offline Culvers

Re: Y 11 code on a build sheet?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013 - 05:18:41 PM »
when the car was being built for a US auto magazine for testing

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013 - 05:43:51 PM »
Sounds rare, must only be a few of those?

Offline 4406-RAY

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013 - 04:11:50 PM »
when the car was being built for a US auto magazine for testing

Thanks for the reply. I have another question. On the build sheet it just left of the Y options it says build for UCI. I know a U in this box means USA but what does an I stand for?
   Thanks Ray

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013 - 04:32:06 PM »
U = USA
C = Canada
I = International

Most (sorry no numbers) I cars were actually sold to US servicemen overseas and never actually left the USA

Offline RzeroB

• In The Lou and looking for a new (old) ride
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013 - 04:44:44 PM »
Hi Ray! Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and helpful people here at C-C.com. Sounds like you have a rather interesting car. Do tell us more about yourself and your ride and of course ...  :useless:
Cheers!
Tom
St Louis, MO

Former owner of 16 classic Mopars. "It is better to have owned (Mopars) and lost then to have never owned at all" (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013 - 04:59:15 PM »
Howdy,

Would love to see more info on the car also.

How about a newbie thread?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 4406-RAY

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013 - 06:53:59 PM »
Hi Ray! Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and helpful people here at C-C.com. Sounds like you have a rather interesting car. Do tell us more about yourself and your ride and of course ...  :useless:

Hi my name is Ray and im a Moparaholic.
 I hope I didnt miss lead anyone this is not a car I own, but it is a build sheet that was in the back seat of a 70 v code cuda I had bought. Someone had obviously changed out the back seat sometime. The build sheet is for an odd and, rare one though 1971 340 manual 3spd cuda, 1 of 151 all in  GY8 Gold. Not to mention a number of other odd ball options. I have been looking for the rightfull owner for a little while, after awhile I will probably send it to Barry in Alaska.
I personally have owned 71 and a 72 Challengers, 70 Cuda,69 Baracuda,70 Charger,71 Demon, early built 74 Ramcharger, and a 69 A-12 Roadrunner. And some cars from other breeds. GMs and Fords
At this time I own a B5 Blue 72 Challenger Rally with a 70 340 in it, And a Bahama Yellow 69 A- 12 Roadrunner 4sd coupe.
If anyone knows someone with a 71 340 3spd Cuda missing a build sheet send me a PM, we can compare vin#s.
I will soon be working on my Challenger again this Winter and I think the quality of people on this site will be of help :2thumbs:.
P.S. I know this is an E body forum but I cant help but to put up a picture of my Runner, Picture of my Challenger will come later.

Thanks Ray

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013 - 07:06:58 PM »
Actually build sheets often end up in the wrong cars, so the sheets may never have been switched.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013 - 07:09:57 AM »
Sounds like some sweet cars.
That runner is awesome!
I have to ask, did your early 74 ramcharger have the convertible top doors?
I've been looking for one of those for years.

I hope the rightful owner can be found for the build sheet.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013 - 08:36:14 AM »
Actually build sheets often end up in the wrong cars, so the sheets may never have been switched.

Not often you'll find a 1971 Broadcast Sheet in a 1970 car though, especially since the seat patterns are totally different. :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013 - 10:25:23 AM »
NIce A12  :2thumbs: great to find a 4 spd , I passed on a orange Super Bee only because it was a column auto car , is yours a bench or bucket seat car ?

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t