Author Topic: 70 cuda clone rotisserie 42,500  (Read 6133 times)

Offline Jamie

70 cuda clone rotisserie 42,500
« on: October 15, 2013 - 10:07:02 PM »
 :'( Can't believe I am typing these letters, I have an opportunity on a business property. I may sell the cuda, I dont have to but extra cash flow would be nice.
 I know there is a thread for my resto back in winter of 2011 through may 2012 i will try to link it.
Only a 6 cyl bh car, now mopar 360 crate with aluminum heads, very mild mannered as i built to drive it. 727 completely rebuilt. 3.23 posi rear rebuilt. TTI coated headers, along with TTI x-pipe, flow masters, and tti tails.
aluminum radiator, 4 wheel discs , power. vintage air kit( only installed inside of car as of now)
hotchkis upper control arms, sway bars, torsion bars, billstein shocks.

autometer phantom 2 gauge cluster installed in non-rally cluster. legendary interior, new headliner , carpet, door panels, rear panels. new console plate, new shifter palte and knob. floor was sprayed in black lizard skin then insulated before carpet put down. also did the expensive dash re-core. new seat belt set.

Body was completely blasted, new quarters , trunk, driver floor pan. Lines are straight , not a wave or bubble anywhere,Car was not bad to start with.trunk and underside of hood are mint!
underside of body completely sprayed in matching fc7 lizard skin coating. bottom of car looks as good as top!!
new grill assembly, new tail lights new side marker assemblies. Not a bolt or part that has not been replaced or re-done!!!

I have the 2 piece foose nitrous 2`s 18 "   Or the brand new  7 & 8" rally`s with bf goodrich rubber.
2,000 miles on car since restoration.

This car turns heads and has won a few trophies. not too many expenses spared to build this car, no disappointments
$42,500   I have studied what everyone is asking on tons of sites. I dont want to do ebay yet as I dread that mess.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013 - 07:10:24 AM by Jamie »
I will finish a project.I will finish a project. I will finish a project.

70 barracuda plum crazy
( current goal is to keep just one car) AND FINISH IT!
08 charger r/t  w/road & track package
2011 silverado

Offline Jamie

Re: 70 cuda clone rotisserie 42,500
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013 - 10:31:10 PM »
resto pics are on page 10 of resto section under" about time".  Can someone please link that to my ad?  My wifes apple laptop does not do things I ask it to do!!!!  Thanks   I will post pics once i get to work in the morning
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013 - 10:35:10 PM by Jamie »

70 barracuda plum crazy
2011 silverado

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013 - 11:09:20 PM »

Offline prodetailerusa

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013 - 09:08:56 AM »
I'm new to this forum. Been a car guy for decades and had my share of projects. Can certainly appreciate the effort you put into your Cuda. Nice work to you and those who supported you. I am now looking to get or build my wife a Cuda. She had a 70 340 4-speed with a 3:91 posi years ago and has missed it ever since she sold it.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013 - 09:19:33 AM »
You should just buy this one then, you'll never build one for that price :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline baracuda72

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013 - 01:26:02 AM »
Sent you PM
Waiting for your reply

Offline Jamie

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013 - 10:49:43 PM »
  I am not having many serious bites on my cuda ,just the usual questions then no response afterwards . It is posted on classic car trader and I even just listed on e-bay.So I was considering doing the mecum auction in florida in january. My question is if anyone has or knows of anybodys experience at one of these venues.  I seem to only catch the $$$$$  hemi cars come through but have not seen much as far as non- hemi mopars lately to gage the pricing. With the quality of the paint on my car , I believe that the stage presence would be nice with the lighting etc...
  Any thoughts?

70 barracuda plum crazy
2011 silverado

Offline magnetic

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013 - 12:20:31 AM »
  I am not having many serious bites on my cuda ,just the usual questions then no response afterwards . It is posted on classic car trader and I even just listed on e-bay.So I was considering doing the mecum auction in florida in january. My question is if anyone has or knows of anybodys experience at one of these venues.  I seem to only catch the $$$$$  hemi cars come through but have not seen much as far as non- hemi mopars lately to gage the pricing. With the quality of the paint on my car , I believe that the stage presence would be nice with the lighting etc...
  Any thoughts?

I've been to two Mecum auctions in Indy.  Seems to me the vast majority of cars don't meet the reserve and move to "The Bid Goes On" area where they might sell if buyer and seller come to an agreement.  I think they charge a premium going both ways, so you'd have to factor that in too.  Love the car by the way!
1970 'cuda restomod
-just getting started

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2004 Silverado Crewcab Duramax

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013 - 12:25:37 AM »
  Any thoughts?

My partner and I are going to be at the kissimmee auction, maybe we will see you there. Unfortunately the price you can get for the car is decided by the bidders that show up. We go on the chance that we can "steal" something and turn it for a profit. Sometimes it's a good place to buy and sometimes it's a good place to sell. No way to know what the auction will be until it's over. The one thing I would be comfortable telling you is that you will NOT be surprised by the huge amount of money you get, but you might get an offer high enough that you sell your car.

Jim

Offline crash340

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013 - 01:00:41 AM »
Jamie,
what heads did you use on the build for the 340 pleease

Greg
Greg

73 Cuda
Brisbane, Australia

Offline Jamie

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013 - 06:36:15 PM »
 Thanks for the input. We will see how things go till late December, then maybe a roadtrip!!!!   If we decide to do it maybe we will see ya there.

The heads are edelbrock magnum 58cc chambers. Aluminum. I chose these because they are supposed to have similar flow to ported factory heads.

70 barracuda plum crazy
2011 silverado

Offline xtreem2012

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014 - 03:38:17 AM »
Hi Jamie,

Is this car still for sale? I am Aussie who has been looking for a good 70 Cuda for ages. I have the cash just cant find the car.

Cheers
Greg.

Offline Jamie

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014 - 05:25:30 PM »
HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I Have had it with " smoke blowers" I guess this is a sign that I will keep my car . I have talked to 50 people about my car and each time usually involves some sort of extra e-mails or phone calls and not even the courtesy to say no thank you or at least tell me I am crazy on my price or something. Hats off to the guys who buy and flip these cars for a living  because I could not handle this full time.

Just had to vent , thank you all.

70 barracuda plum crazy
2011 silverado

Offline xtreem2012

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014 - 11:48:04 PM »
Jamie,

I don't mean to be rude to you or anyone else BUT I was and am still very keen on finding out about your car. The last email I received from you was telling me you needed to get your wife to download some extra pictures. I am still waiting to hear back from you. In the meantime I also pursued another Cuda (currently on Ebay) and got told the same story. Will send pictures later.

We are half a world away here in Australia and as I think I have already told you I got smoked on the last Cuda I tried to buy in the States. I apologise if you are waiting for me to respond but it is summer here in Australia and we have just had a week of 115 plus temperatures. I own an air conditioning business and probably don't need to tell you where most of my attention has been the past few days.

If you are still interested in selling the car I am still keen. If not I will just keep looking.

Regards
Greg. 

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014 - 08:53:38 AM »
Jamie,

I don't mean to be rude to you or anyone else BUT I was and am still very keen on finding out about your car. The last email I received from you was telling me you needed to get your wife to download some extra pictures. I am still waiting to hear back from you. In the meantime I also pursued another Cuda (currently on Ebay) and got told the same story. Will send pictures later.

We are half a world away here in Australia and as I think I have already told you I got smoked on the last Cuda I tried to buy in the States. I apologise if you are waiting for me to respond but it is summer here in Australia and we have just had a week of 115 plus temperatures. I own an air conditioning business and probably don't need to tell you where most of my attention has been the past few days.

If you are still interested in selling the car I am still keen. If not I will just keep looking.

Regards
Greg.

I love a new twist on an old story. DRAMA  :banghead:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)