Author Topic: exhaust  (Read 1198 times)

Offline rattlesnake

• Rattlesnake
exhaust
« on: October 21, 2013 - 10:32:53 PM »
I know there have been numerous posts about exhaust systems on this site, I think I have decided to go with the pypes system for my 1970 cuda purely because of cost. The pypes system seems to be a couple hunge cheaper for what seems to be the same thing as TTI. I believe the muffler is largely responsible for the tone and sound of the engine. I am looking for a deep throaty sound but I don't want it to be ungodly loud either. For those of you using or know someone who uses the dynomax ultra-flow muffler on a 440 chrysler. In your OPINIONS is this muffler too loud for street use? I have listened to a lot of videos of different mufflers and like the sound of this muffler but it is really difficult to get an accurate feel for decibel levels. The po-po seem to be very lenient in my area, and don't really plan on doing a lot of deep throttle driving (so I say now) but don't want to pile up a bunch of noise violations. I plan on running mufflers only, no cats. Opinions and ideas needed.

Ray,
keep honking I'm reloading

Offline cudabob496

• Sr. Resident
Re: exhaust
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013 - 11:27:33 PM »
On my 496, I have a 3 inch system with Walker Super Turbos.  They flow great, and will probably be a tad less loud.
More of a deeper tone. They were recommended by TTI.  I had them on a 2.5 inch system as well, and they were
perfect for the street in my opinion.
72 Cuda, owned 25 years. 496, with ported Stage VI heads, .625 in solid roller, 254/258 at .050, 3500 stall, 3.91 rear. 850 Holley DP, Reverse manual valve body.

1999 Trans Am, LS1, heads, cam, headers, stall, etc! Love to surprise the rice rockets with this one. They seem so confident, then it's "what the heck just happened?"

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: exhaust
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013 - 12:39:16 AM »
I got the complete Pypes 2.5" w/street pro muffler....from what I can tell they all ship with mufflers.
  They do NOT ship with head pipes, I had to make my own connections to header/collector
The Pypes muffler sounds pretty much like the stock system...not to loud, decent tone.

I see the TTi  system does include head pipe. 
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!