Author Topic: NEW Automatic shifter PROTOTYPE with Pistol Grip handle by HEMIKEN.  (Read 63553 times)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: NEW Automatic shifter PROTOTYPE with Pistol Grip handle by HEMIKEN.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013 - 06:12:06 AM »
kenny...i like 'em too!  i already found a home for my old T-handle!  you can add me to your PM list to notify when they come out.  Great work, bro!
Hey thank you Hood,  :wave: i will contact you when they are ready my friend. I will be doing these on an exchange basis with slap-stick mechanisms only, as i do not have that many mechanisms that i can supply with these, but i will have an address in America where i will be able to have your old Slap-Stick, either out of your car or if you come by one some other way to do the trade with, I still have costings and box sizes to deal with, but they look as though they will be worth doing, as i do not do anything unless it is worth doing it right. :2thumbs:
Nice place for a T-handle, oh yeah another thing, i can convert either round knob or T-handle Slap-Stick to make my shifter from.
I think that a Slap-Stick was avaialble in an F-body ?  :dunno: Would that be correct, i would love to see one as it may be a cheaper way to get the Slap-Stick mech to do the exchange with, i think they had a taller shaft but the mech is still the same, would need soomeone to chase that up to confirm. :bigsmile:

Thank you Hood :clapping: your on the list buddy. :bigshades:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013 - 07:12:38 AM by hemiken »
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013 - 08:05:39 PM »
Here is some pictures of a 4 speed in my buddies `Cuda compared to my Auto handle and they sit in the same location as 1st gear on the manual and Park on the Auto :bigsmile: :2thumbs:

Offline shoooter

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013 - 01:26:05 AM »
put me on the list too please. cant wait for these to come out!

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013 - 08:00:40 AM »
put me on the list too please. cant wait for these to come out!
Hey Shoooter :wave: No worries. :bigsmile:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I have come up with a numbering system that i will be stamping on each and every shifter as i build them, i also have requests for certain numbers that people would like to put aside for them when time comes. The numbering system i will put on each shifter will be listed and start at KLM1 , so it will go KLM100001 then KLM100002 and so on, i already have names and numbers requested and got the idea from the way Ma Mopar numbered our E-body VIN tags. So i do have names attached with number requests at the same time from others.

Thanks for the interest Shoooter, i know you will love it too. :clapping:

Kenny :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013 - 09:23:27 PM by hemiken »

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013 - 01:33:26 PM »
way cool  :2thumbs:
KLM100001 for me please.... could be my retirement  :naughty:
*** Bart ***

Offline shoooter

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013 - 05:56:12 PM »
way cool  :2thumbs:
KLM100001 for me please.... could be my retirement  :naughty:
klm100005 or you can match to the last 6 vin # since someone else grabbed 00001. #1 would be my first choic3

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013 - 06:32:58 PM »
Hi Guys, :wave:

These are numbers that have already been spoken for via e-mail:

E-body Shifter                        A&B-body Shifter                        Valiant Shifter
    KLM100001EB                                  KLM100001AB                                    KLM100001VA 
    KLM100002EB                                  KLM100002AB                                    KLM100002VA 
    KLM100003EB                                  KLM100013AB 
    KLM100004EB
    KLM100005EB
    KLM100006EB 
    KLM100007EB
    KLM100008EB
    KLM100010EB
    KLM100013EB
    KLM100070EB
    KLM100071EB
    KLM100088EB
    KLM101973EB

Side Note: In regards to numbering my KLM shifters, as you can see, i have added an "EB" for E-body & late B-body, also i will add "AB" for A-body & early B-body to the end of the numbering as this exact same Slap-Stick mechanism will also fit in to an A-body or B-body Mopar with some slight modifications by me, but will be standard for that kind of shifter.

I will be making a whole new handle in the right shape to fit in to either A or B body auto units, they use a different shifter arm than an E-body, so as orders come through i will attach either "EB" for an E-body & 1971-1974 B-body mechanism, and an "AB" for an A-body & 1960-1968 B-body application. Obviously the A & B-body shifter will be specific to those cars, as an E-body is unique in its shape also.
I have not made a shifter handle to suit the A or B-body yet, but it is not far away from being added to the line up.

Hey guys, these NEW shifters will also fit Aussie Valiants and are the exact same handle used on the A & B-body Mopar, just the grip is opposite. So i have included the Aussie handle as "VA" in my VIN numbering system for Aussie Valiant vehicles. These numbers will come in handy years from now if anyone removes a shifter and wonders what application or model of Mopar vehicle it will fit.

Thank You,
Hemiken :bigsmile:
Kenny.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014 - 09:42:45 PM by hemiken »

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013 - 07:03:00 PM »
I also forgot to mention that this is by no means a lock in situation for anyone who requests a particular number, this is just a chance at having a number that you would like to own, and i understand if anyone changes their mind and decided not to follow through with a shifter apon the release when they are available, this is just an open oppertunity with NO commitment guys :wave:
This is the first and only place i have released a look at my new shifter in its development stage for everyone here on C-C to see, once i have them ready and available i will do a relaunch here, and a bigger launch because of the amount of A & B-body Mopar guys included over on Moparts.

SUGGESTION: Try and get a second or even more if possible Slap-Stick mechanisms for yourself to do the exchange with is a good idea, I will be converting E-body Slap-Stick and certain Chrysler Cordoba that had the Slap-Stick mechanisms only, any year Slap-Stick E-body shifter can be converted, round or T handle :2thumbs: Check your scrap, salvage, or wrecking yards for core exchange, it does not matter if they are frozen solid and rusty, as they get pulled apart and revamped totally. Just not silly rusted out with holes will not be acceptable as a core exchange.
Thank you guys :wave:

HEMIKEN
Kenny :bigsmile:

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013 - 09:01:30 AM »
These are beautiful!  Add me to the list for more information when it comes available as to pricing and shipping back to the states :wow:

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013 - 11:38:38 PM »
These are beautiful!  Add me to the list for more information when it comes available as to pricing and shipping back to the states :wow:

Hey Strawdawg :wave: thanks for sharing your excitement, i am excited myself. I will have things worked out and the shipping cost will be one price that will have insurance included, i already checked at my local post office and they have told me depending on the weight of the package will determine price, but the price is for America wide, so that price will not change.

Thank you, Kenny. :2thumbs:

Side Note: I will be including a new black selctor slide with every shifter so there will be no confusion to what people will need, i have had to buy these and modify them to suit the application, the lower chrome bezel from the pistol grip (held in by rollpin) on my shifter will have to be removed from the arm when installing the chrome selctor plate over the top of the shifter handle, and with the slide pre-fitted (i will have instructions for this) and then console can be fitted at anytime later.
So the shifter will be a complete unit that gets fitted first, same proceedure as any other standard Slap-Stick mechanism. ;) except the extra parts that make up a pistol grip of course.

Thank You,
HEMIKEN
Kenny. :bigsmile:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013 - 09:32:30 PM by hemiken »

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013 - 10:01:59 AM »
Ken, it is rare to find a truly new product for older cars.  The innovation usually seems to drop off quickly and the market settles down to copying each other with nothing really new coming out.

You will probably be building the complete unit, mechanism and all, before it is over so that you end up selling a totally new, complete package.  :)  there is a limited supply of old slap shifters out there in decent condition.

Classic Industries will be calling wanting a 1000 units soon :)  You better apply for a patent

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013 - 10:12:37 AM »
Almost makes me wish I had an automatic. Really great work.  :droolingbounce:   :popcorn:

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013 - 10:29:35 AM »
I know what Kenny will be looking for at Carlisle this year!  :bigsmile:

You should make up all you can and get over here and sell them next year at Carlisle! :naughty: :wave:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2013 - 10:36:29 AM »

You should make up all you can and get over here and sell them next year at Carlisle! :naughty: :wave:

1000% :iagree:  Most people like to hold things in their hands before making a purchase.
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013 - 12:56:14 PM »
 :iagree:

Impulse buyers account for a lot of sales.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars