Door Panels for 74 Cuda

Author Topic: Door Panels for 74 Cuda  (Read 5090 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Door Panels for 74 Cuda
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005 - 05:39:01 PM »
Those do look pretty good!     :thumbs: 

ukneil

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005 - 07:03:38 AM »
hey just like mine and they are from Accuform as well and I agree they are not as defined as pukka originals, but they`re not bad. The plastic is a bit less pliable than originals and they seem a bit brittle.
Grain is a bit more open (like vinyl roof) and the inset mould is less detailed. Fitted mine a couple of weeks ago. I needed to realign the spring clip retainers at the bottom as they were out of sync with the door holes and I also had to trim the door handle hole a little so that the handle would open fully. Cutting the hole for the remote mirror knob was a little nail biting as getting the location correct was a bit tricky. ;D

Just found out last night that the rest of my interior is on its way from Legendary at last, hooray.

ukneil

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2005 - 02:08:51 AM »
this is how it looks. Panels and seat covers are a good match. I`m happy with this :)

Offline KelllysCuda

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2005 - 08:34:54 AM »
 looks nice   :thumbs:
Kelly

Offline Johnny Cuda

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005 - 06:02:45 PM »
They look great, thanks for the pics :worthless:

ukneil

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005 - 08:48:08 AM »
heres a early fit pic after a little fettling to get bottom clips in place and door handle hole enlarged

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005 - 10:14:24 PM »
I just got back from Mopars at Indy inaugural event and sat and talked a bit with the folks from Legendary Interiors.........they priced me a whole new interior......I have black thats actually in pretty good shape.......the seats have a couple of tears where the seams are but local seatcover folks told me it would be easy to repair and you would never see where the work was done since only the seams were coming apart..........well anyway the Legendary folks made it clear they did "not" make the door panels and did not order them from Accuform............and kinda dogged them...........I wish I could remember who they said they get their door panels and real panels from........but the guy noted they are much better quality....    I not taking a stance on whether Accuform is good or bad.........just repeating what I heard..........take it for what its worth...     Damn I wish i could remember who they said they get their door panels from...........someone chime in if you know........tks

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005 - 11:55:13 PM »
I just got back from Mopars at Indy inaugural event and sat and talked a bit with the folks from Legendary Interiors.........they priced me a whole new interior......I have black thats actually in pretty good shape.......the seats have a couple of tears where the seams are but local seatcover folks told me it would be easy to repair and you would never see where the work was done since only the seams were coming apart..........well anyway the Legendary folks made it clear they did "not" make the door panels and did not order them from Accuform............and kinda dogged them...........I wish I could remember who they said they get their door panels and real panels from........but the guy noted they are much better quality....    I not taking a stance on whether Accuform is good or bad.........just repeating what I heard..........take it for what its worth...     d**n I wish i could remember who they said they get their door panels from...........someone chime in if you know........tks

I only know of two repop manufacturers:  Accuform and Palco (aka Dashtop).

I'd bite the bullet if possible and just get Just Dashes to redo them; 'specially if you need white.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO