Author Topic: 1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade  (Read 14093 times)

Offline 71blackdemon

1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade
« on: January 20, 2014 - 08:53:08 PM »
im wanting to trade my 70 rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed plumb crazy purple car all numbers matching from front to back the car does not have any rust at all the drivers side quarter was replaced with one off of another car due to accident but it is a rust free one i have new carpet and new shifter boot also have nos door handles very nice running and driving car everything on the car works great tach,speedo,reverse light, only thing dont work is the clock what do you have to trade and be reasonable because we all no what this car is worth thanks Donnie   502-262-4708 or email   gaild@twc.com     also does have fender tag but have not found build sheet only place i have not looked is in the headliner because it is so nice i dont want to miss it up.

Offline 71blackdemon

Re: 1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014 - 08:54:31 PM »
more pics

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014 - 08:55:25 PM »
more

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014 - 08:56:34 PM »
more

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014 - 08:57:40 PM »
more

Offline citadel

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014 - 07:58:14 PM »
any paperwork with the 440?

Offline 74challenger03

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014 - 08:07:04 PM »
car looks black  :clueless: did I read the thread wrong?
What does it profit a man to gain the whole would and lose his soul.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014 - 10:52:27 PM »

The car was painted black at one point.

Hard to put a value on this one.... :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014 - 09:04:28 AM »
Yes its black original owner got tired of purple took the car apart and painted it black.

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014 - 09:06:13 AM »
any paperwork with the 440?
what kind of paperwork are you looking for.

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014 - 09:11:24 AM »
The car was painted black at one point.

Hard to put a value on this one.... :2cents:
the car is all original except the quarter and the inner fender so why is it so hard to put a value on it. I would rather have this one than one that has been redone and every piece on it has been replaced because of rust this car has no rust it is a nice car just needs some tlc.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014 - 10:57:19 AM »
the car is all original except the quarter and the inner fender so why is it so hard to put a value on it. .... it is a nice car just needs some tlc.

In my opinion, that's exactly why it's hard to put a value on. It's not a fully restored show poodle, and it's not a basket case project car.

It is currently a decent clean driving car. With, as you say, a little TLC...it could be a nice driver for somebody.

However, most people who have money to spend on a collector car wouldn't be happy with a "decent driver" for top dollar. Most would want to restore it back to original. It's not a survivor.

Case in point. If a fully restored example of this car is $75K-$80K and a complete project of this car would be $10K-$15K....then where does this car lie ?

If you asked and sold the car for $25K there might be room for someone to restore it back to show standards in the original colour and possibly break even on their investment.

If you asked and sold the car for $40K there would be no chance of a restoration with being in way over your head, you would have to be happy with the car the way it is...any money spent wuld be a loss.

If a person that spends $40K+ on a car and can be happy with a decent driver in the wrong colour, then you're considered lucky to find that buyer.

This car has a very similar situation as the purple one in Australia that the owner thinks is a survivor.....hard to get top buck for a car needing work. :2cents:

Personally, I would rather buy that cheaper project, then a done car. At least restoring a car you know what you're getting.

Someone buying this car has no idea what's under the paint, or what's done to the motor/tranny/rear end, brakes suspension, etc... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline KillerBee

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:08:36 AM »
be reasonable because we all no what this car is worth

Honestly we don't know what the car is worth.

Obviously a 4 speed V code RT/SE Challenger is valuable(I owned one back in the 80's)

But in it's current condition it would need a total restoration $$$$ inside and out to get top dollar for it.

In today's current muscle car market you would have more in buying the car and restoring it than just buying one finished.

So like Alan said it is a very difficult car to value....there are a number of restored Six Pack Challengers for sale, many for a long time.

Here's a good example of a real decent 4 speed RT/SE with low miles, build sheet, numbers matching etc.
Obviously a personal inspection would be in order but I would think $50-$60k would buy it...maybe less
http://www.cars-on-line.com/66713.html

Why don't you tell us what you think your car is worth in it's current condition?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:12:49 AM »
There's also this one been for sale for ever....
Investment quality and excellent running/driving 70 Challenger SE 440 six pack, 4 spd, 3.54 Dana, manual steering and brakes. Original FE5 red, white stripe, black leather interior, black top, V code with a 70 warranty block, matching 4 spd transmission and the original factory fender tag. Equipped with: SE package with the factory overhead console, factory rim blow wood steering wheel, AM eight track radio, console, space saver spare and bottle, NEW repro Polyglas f-60-16 tires. This car is sorted out and ready to be driven. New Mexico car with 100% rust free factory sheet metal...the best you will find. Even the trunk floor is OEM and perfect. Restored to the fender tag in the late 1990's and still looks excellent today. Only 135 built in 1970! $69.995 K 586 917 1718 Bill

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014 - 11:15:05 AM by anlauto »

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:18:44 AM »
Why don't you tell us what you think your car is worth in it's current condition?

I'm guessing he picked it up for a really good price thinking it was worth "a lot of money" when in reality, it's probably only worth what the last person paid for it.....him..... :2cents:

Don't get me wrong.....it's got value for sure, it's a numbers matching rust free V code.....it's just hard to put a value on, as I said in my first comment :worshippy