Author Topic: 1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade  (Read 14074 times)

Offline 71blackdemon

Re: 1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:29:54 AM »
Honestly we don't know what the car is worth.

Obviously a 4 speed V code RT/SE Challenger is valuable(I owned one back in the 80's)

But in it's current condition it would need a total restoration $$$$ inside and out to get top dollar for it.

In today's current muscle car market you would have more in buying the car and restoring it than just buying one finished.

So like Alan said it is a very difficult car to value....there are a number of restored Six Pack Challengers for sale, many for a long time.

Here's a good example of a real decent 4 speed RT/SE with low miles, build sheet, numbers matching etc.
Obviously a personal inspection would be in order but I would think $50-$60k would buy it...maybe less
http://www.cars-on-line.com/66713.html

Why don't you tell us what you think your car is worth in it's current condition?
I never asked you what my car is worth i just think its funny some people on this site get on other peoples post and try to rag on other peoples cars like they build perfect cars when in fact i got on one of there websites and looked at one of there cars being restored and i being the dumb ass that i am found many things they done i could get on here and bash there work but im not going to do that because i have built many cars out of my garage at my home and dont want anybody doing that to me only difference is i build cars for me not customers not trying to piss anybody off just my opinion.

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:40:02 AM »
both challengers are real nice cars 6 pack cars but one is red and does not have matching numbers engine and other is brown but still a real nice car.

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:48:50 AM »
Personally, I would rather buy that cheaper project, then a done car. At least restoring a car you know what you're getting. OK then show me where i can find a 1970 rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed with numbers matching from front to back all body numbers match as well as engine and trans with a 354 dana that is rust free for 10 to 15 or even 20 thousand oh yeah dont forget plumb crazy purple stripe delete manual steering and i will buy it now.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:59:36 AM »
Hard to put a value on this one.... :2cents:

You're pisssed off about my above comment ?

You asked me to explain and I did. I didn't bash your car, nor did I say it was a project worth $10K-$15K.

Your car has value to it as a decent driver, you said so yourself, but for someone wanting a fully restored car they're not going to pay top buck for the decent driver and then restore it.
Most people looking for a decent driver can't afford to pay top dollar.....just the facts man.

As I said...it's hard to put a value on. :horse:

You want to bash my work....have at it ! :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:11:42 PM »
You're pisssed off about my above comment ?

You asked me to explain and I did. I didn't bash your car, nor did I say it was a project worth $10K-$15K.I didnt say you did you said you would rather buy a project for 10 to 15 all i said you show me one with them options and rust free i will buy it.

Your car has value to it as a decent driver, you said so yourself, but for someone wanting a fully restored car they're not going to pay top buck for the decent driver and then restore it.
Most people looking for a decent driver can't afford to pay top dollar.....just the facts man.

As I said...it's hard to put a value on. :horse:

You want to bash my work....have at it ! :clapping:
i aint bashing nobody's work but if you have a complex than thats your fault

Offline tman

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:12:27 PM »
Im chiming in because this is becoming a debate rather than discussion.  I think some folks are asking value because you want to make a trade.  Well, folks want to know if they will have to add cash or the trader may have to add cash during the trade.  So value is an important factor.  If you think your car is worth $50K and someone has a $20K car, then that person will have to pay you $30K to make the trade.  So in a way you are asking what your car is worth.  You said in your first post "We all know what this car is worth."  People are saying here that they do not know what its worth. 
Also, your request for a trade is vague.  Sounds like you would trade for a Camaro, Mustang, (new or old), Fiat, or something else.  You asked "What do you have to trade?"  Need to be specific as to what you want.  Folks are trying to be helpful. 
As someone said, "what do you think its worth?" 
Frankly, when someone asks what their car or someone else's car is worth, cannot be done.  Without seeing it, an assessment cannot be done.  Photos help with some description to get a ballpark #, but how accurate is the description given.  If you watch Pawn Stars, people are bringing in things that they claim are real and valuable.  When an expert looks at it, their told its a fake and worth hardly anything.  People will buy or trade what they are willing to pay for it.  That's another reason folks are asking about "paperwork." 

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:14:20 PM »
You asked me to explain and I did. I didn't bash your car, nor did I say it was a project worth $10K-$15K.I didnt say you did you said you would rather buy a project for 10 to 15 all i said you show me one with them options and rust free i will buy it.

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:21:43 PM »
Im chiming in because this is becoming a debate rather than discussion.  I think some folks are asking value because you want to make a trade.  Well, folks want to know if they will have to add cash or the trader may have to add cash during the trade.  So value is an important factor.  If you think your car is worth $50K and someone has a $20K car, then that person will have to pay you $30K to make the trade.  So in a way you are asking what your car is worth.  You said in your first post "We all know what this car is worth."  People are saying here that they do not know what its worth. 
Also, your request for a trade is vague.  Sounds like you would trade for a Camaro, Mustang, (new or old), Fiat, or something else.  You asked "What do you have to trade?"  Need to be specific as to what you want.  Folks are trying to be helpful. 
As someone said, "what do you think its worth?" 
Frankly, when someone asks what their car or someone else's car is worth, cannot be done.  Without seeing it, an assessment cannot be done.  Photos help with some description to get a ballpark #, but how accurate is the description given.  If you watch Pawn Stars, people are bringing in things that they claim are real and valuable.  When an expert looks at it, their told its a fake and worth hardly anything.  People will buy or trade what they are willing to pay for it.  That's another reason folks are asking about "paperwork."
you make a lot of since and i agree with you but some people on here comment on other people's cars and put values on them without seeing them in person all im saying is how many cars are out there just like mine for sale none that i no of so how can they try to compare mine to another car.

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:23:51 PM »
Selling outright or trading, you need to put a dollar amount you're looking to get for your car, pretty simple.
No way for someone to consider what to offer if there's a $20k range.

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:28:06 PM »
Selling outright or trading, you need to put a dollar amount you're looking to get for your car, pretty simple.
No way for someone to consider what to offer if there's a $20k range.
okay its worth $40,000.00 is that fair enough.

Offline tman

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:31:10 PM »
Probably not many.  I say, sell your car and use the money to find what you are searching for.  If you are looking to get another 70 Chally RTSE like yours, your search will take a very long time.  Or just keep your car and do what you find necessary to get it up to your spec.  Like I mentioned, you are vague as to what you are wanting to trade for.  When I read your post, I can see that you are being a bit disrespectful.  I don't think you mean it, but that is the perception. 

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:33:04 PM »
Listen all im saying is if one of you put a car on the for sale section for sale or trade im not going to get on there and say anything negative.

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:39:35 PM »

There have been a couple of AAR Cuda's that have been in the 40's for some time now and have not sold. So don't get up in arms when folks tell you the reality of the car market today.

Go check out Mecum, BJ or Russo and see what Mopars have been going for in the last 3 years I think you will be surprised. Btw, pay attention to the build quality and prices.
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:39:53 PM »
Probably not many.  I say, sell your car and use the money to find what you are searching for.  If you are looking to get another 70 Chally RTSE like yours, your search will take a very long time.  Or just keep your car and do what you find necessary to get it up to your spec.  Like I mentioned, you are vague as to what you are wanting to trade for.  When I read your post, I can see that you are being a bit disrespectful.  I don't think you mean it, but that is the perception.
I DONT NO WHAT IM BEING DISRESPECTFUL ABOUT BUT IM NOT TRYING TO BE IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT WHEN I SAID WE ALL NO WHAT THESE CARS ARE WORTH I JUST MEANT I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR A $10,000.00 DOLLAR CAR SORRY.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014 - 12:46:59 PM by 71blackdemon »

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:45:30 PM »
IF YOU READ MY AD AND YOU DONT AGREE WITH MY PRICE OR MY DESCRIPTION THAN SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT DONT GET ON THE POST AND TRY AND CALL SOMEBODY OUT ON IT BECAUSE I COULD DO THE SAME THING.